9 replies to this topic

#1 Boostin_manny

Boostin_manny

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:11 PM

Hi guys so I was going to schedule out the transmission flush and front diff flush from the stealership but Ive had car for 2 years just hit 34k miles daily driven never had that service. So I know its due but I called dealer and their master gtr tech said he didnt know anything about these filters. Pan filter (sump) and the line filter. He said they looked up everything they can service on the transmission and that wasnt in computer. They couldnt pull up any part numbers or anything. Is there a Nissan part number for these? Is my best bet show trans? So only fluid changes pretty much at the dealer for a whopping 1200 bucks

#2 Boostin_manny

Boostin_manny

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:11 PM

My car is a 2013

#3 Geno88

Geno88

Nismo Owners Car Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:44 PM

nope. dealer knows nothing about changing the pan/cylinder filter.

that would be the job for specialty GTR or performance shops. You can hit up SP Engineering and speak to David to send you some.

2016 GTR Nismo
1969 Camaro RS/SS
2018 McLaren 720S
2017 Infiniti Q50S

#4 FauxshowGTR

FauxshowGTR

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 10:58 PM

Hi guys so I was going to schedule out the transmission flush and front diff flush from the stealership but Ive had car for 2 years just hit 34k miles daily driven never had that service. So I know its due but I called dealer and their master gtr tech said he didnt know anything about these filters. Pan filter (sump) and the line filter. He said they looked up everything they can service on the transmission and that wasnt in computer. They couldnt pull up any part numbers or anything. Is there a Nissan part number for these? Is my best bet show trans? So only fluid changes pretty much at the dealer for a whopping 1200 bucks

Just got to Jack’s now unless under warranty 

2015 BE recently acquired  :shiftdrive:

#5 kaane

kaane

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 03:02 PM

Dealer does not seller either filter. So they don't service them either. They just do a drain and fill only.

The pan filter is metal mesh it can be cleaned. The line filter i would buy a reusable metal filter.

#6 GTRHOLIC

GTRHOLIC

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1069 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:13 PM

What i don't understand tho that Nissan does actullay have these filters and they do sell them to the performance shops under God know what part numbers lol.

Does anyone know the part numbers for these? I happened to see them in the Nissan oem boxes but with no part numbers! Don't understand what the deal is!

#7 Geno88

Geno88

Nismo Owners Car Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:18 PM

What i don't understand tho that Nissan does actullay have these filters and they do sell them to the performance shops under God know what part numbers lol.

Does anyone know the part numbers for these? I happened to see them in the Nissan oem boxes but with no part numbers! Don't understand what the deal is!

I believe............dealer doesn't know cuz...........the dealer would rather replace the entire DCT rather than change the filters............yup.

2016 GTR Nismo
1969 Camaro RS/SS
2018 McLaren 720S
2017 Infiniti Q50S

#8 kaane

kaane

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:53 PM

There is no nissan part number. I checked the parts catalog. Only Pan, Gasket and Drain Bolts. They don't service the filters and don't sell them.

You can source the filter form Jacks or few other places they use borg warner part numbers.

#9 GTRHOLIC

GTRHOLIC

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1069 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:06 AM

^ Nope .. i saw them with my eyes, pan and cylider replacement filters new in OEM Nissan boxes! And yes no part numbers on them!

#10 kaane

kaane

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:57 AM

Maybe there is some secret handshake lol. Just buy from Jacks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users