#1 rsteb

rsteb

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 07:12 AM

Hey Everyone,

Based in the W-S area and recently picked up a 18 Pearl White GTR.

Wondering if there are any shops in NC or close that know GTRs? Who do you all use?

I know Cicio is in GA and VA, but checking to see if anything may be closer.

Any GTR owners on here in/close to W-S? Dont really see any running around.

Thanks!

Edited by rsteb, 14 February 2021 - 07:13 AM.

#2 droptopp

droptopp

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8981 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 02:16 PM

You are probably smack dab in the middle for Cicio shops, so either is a no brainer if you are going to do anything substantial. UG in Charlotte if you just need some bolt on work done, but not sure what their lead times look like or if they will even schedule it. Any competent shop can go fbo, but tube will be 90% of your drivability. These things can clunk and buck like you are learning how to drive a stick.

Edited by droptopp, 14 February 2021 - 02:17 PM.

TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

#3 rsteb

rsteb

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 05:09 PM

Yep. Just bought all my FBO parts from Cicio and they will be remote tuning it as well. Ill be installing everything myself outside of the downpipes. Not sure I want to tackle that monster...

Im about 4-5hrs either way to their shops. As you said major work will for sure bring it to them. Downpipes alone thats a little far.

Didnt realize UG would do anything outside of the Lambos, R8, etc..

#4 Motownflip

Motownflip

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 05:42 PM

Welcome rsteb!  Winston Salem area also!  MC is close as well.  You may see me around in a car that looks like yours, but it is up for sale at the moment.  Looking forward to your build!

#5 rsteb

rsteb

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 06:16 PM

I actually saw your for sale post but not enough posts yet to respond. Great looking car, I like your style 😁 GLWS!

Edited by rsteb, 14 February 2021 - 06:16 PM.

#6 GTRick

GTRick

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 09:01 PM

Welcome. Im in Chapel Hill NC. I love NC but not much in the way of tuner shops close by. There are a few small shops, but none that specialize in GT-Rs.

I had a Nissan GT-R tech install upgraded injectors at the dealership. He let me flash car in the shop and he rode shotgun for the test drive. Basic bolt on stuff Im fine doing myself. I didnt bother with DP as I wanted car to be able to pass emissions and its fast enough without. I worked with a remote tuner and pulled logs getting on on-ramps.

If I go E85, Ill take it to phantasm in Raleigh to make sure torque is safe as they have an AWD dyno. If I go big, Id go to one of Cicios shops.

If you find a good local shop / mechanic let us know.

#7 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26035 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 05:23 PM

Hey Everyone,

Based in the W-S area and recently picked up a 18 Pearl White GTR.

Wondering if there are any shops in NC or close that know GTRs? Who do you all use?

I know Cicio is in GA and VA, but checking to see if anything may be closer.

Any GTR owners on here in/close to W-S? Dont really see any running around.

Thanks!

welcome yeah im in W-S!

you wont really see mine out that much  but if you see a black NISMO sentra thats also me haha

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users