#1 GT500_Supra

GT500_Supra

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:15 AM

Good Evening,

I have been tasked to Remove and Replace the passenger front axle on a 2011 Nissan GTR. The Front Passenger side is making a Clicking/Clunking Noise that sounds like a ping pong ball rattling in a red solo cup. Video of noise: https://www.youtube....h?v=f8q5y4tmiJo.

After the owner tried in numerous ways on the ground to try to pry the axle out with no success, He Brought it down to my Shop and we tried to get the axle out, we tried many pry bars and using the Texas Twister Tool With no luck. Are we doing something wrong? does it really need  a good tug ? or are we looking at removing the front differential? The Stock Axles popped out just fine in my previous experiences and haven't ran into this before. Any advise, recommendation, Special tool references anyone cant point me too would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Richard.

Edited by GT500_Supra, 23 February 2021 - 12:16 AM.

#2 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:55 AM

I`ll drop a link with information about the front axel. It`s from the factory service manual and it should help you out.

https://www.nicoclub...TR/2016/FAX.pdf

#3 GT500_Supra

GT500_Supra

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:17 PM

Thank you, I'm currently trying right now. Does this apply to driveshaft shop front axles? This is what he vehicle has installed. I'll update if I can slide hammer it out or not.

#4 GT500_Supra

GT500_Supra

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:23 PM

Update. Tried the oem procedure ands still no budge.

The clarify for other readers, a set of Driveshaft shop front axles have been installed. The front passenger cv joint on the wheel bearing is binding in turns which is causing the noise that you hear in the youtube video I posted above. We are trying to get the entire assemble out to have it warrantied.

Am I looking at dropping the front differential at this point to get it out?

Thank you all for your contributions to our troubles

-Richard.

#5 GT500_Supra

GT500_Supra

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:24 PM

Oems popped out just fine but once these were installed, passenger seems like it stuck in there for life. We have been prying at this location with many tools, those of you that are aware of the texas twister tool we got that in there as well and even with an air hammer and no luck.

If anyone has any tips, advice, special tools I need to buy Before we start pulling out the front differential.

Thank you

Richard

Edited by GT500_Supra, 23 February 2021 - 07:35 PM.

#6 Mickwitchy

Mickwitchy

Newschool Datto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:35 AM

Does it just have a thicker or stronger circlip on end of the shaft going into the diff that requires a much harder pull? 

FYI - You're a better man than I if you can remove the front diff without pulling the motor out....

2015 Premium
HKS GT1000 turbo kit
Greddy crossflow intercooler/BOVs
Fore Innovations triple pump setup (Visconti hardwire kit)

Visconti fuel pressure monitoring
Speedflow post filter
VRSF 3" intakes
ID1700s
Willall Ti resonated midpipe
Torque solutions BMCS
Radium triple catch cans
Shep 1K w/ Drag Pack
Kaps AWD controller
ECUTEK SD tune w/ 4bar Map sensor w/ Visconti flex fuel
DIY so far - Apart from tune...

#7 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:41 AM

Can the shop that installed these axels offer any advice? I wonder if it`s the splines causing this problem? I just had the front angle gear replaced on my winter car after a splines failure. (OEM)

#8 GT500_Supra

GT500_Supra

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:52 AM

Can the shop that installed these axels offer any advice? I wonder if it`s the splines causing this problem? I just had the front angle gear replaced on my winter car after a splines failure. (OEM)

I reached out to many shops including The shop Houston, AMS, T1racedevelopment, and acg automotive and they told me either they will pop out or the front diff needs to come out to remove the stuck shaft because once it's in its in. The axle does not have a snap ring on it, the snap ring is inside the diff in the spider gear. however I was told by AMS that this can be cause by a spline failure. Either way we'll get the bottom of this and let you know what happened.

#9 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:40 AM

Yeah looking at the exploded view page 79 all i can see is a bearing part 37 that could of collapsed or the splines anyway good luck to you

New link  https://www.nicoclub...TR/2016/DLN.pdf

#10 GT500_Supra

GT500_Supra

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 02:48 PM

Thank you guys for the contribution! It is greatly appreciated! The owner authorized the diff to be removed but he is going to bring the car back on the week of March 8th. What though to be a quick axle swap turned into an ordeal.

I'll be returning here on the first week March to continue updating this thread.

Thanks you guys and I'll see you in March 👍

Richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users