#1 loo1

loo1

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:18 AM

Hello out there.

Considering and switching to GT-R stage 7 with 900hp! after i sold my audi rs7 stage 2.

Would love to hear people's experience with GT-R which has 900hp!

What should I be aware of?

Brief info about the car!

The car has driven: 42,000km and has got a new gearbox and reinforce it.

#2 walters1939

walters1939

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:55 AM

When buying modified GTR it is important to know who did the modifications.  They should be done by a reputable GTR modification shop, preferably all by the same shop.  Stage numbers are somewhat misleading since each shop assigns their own numbers as they see fit.  For example, I have a 2014 modified by JoTech Automotive that dynode at 1080HP.  Its is their stage 5.  JoTech did all the work except the transmission which was modified by Sheptrans.  I have over 49,000 miles on the car and drive it to and from events.  I have driven it over a 1000 miles competed in an even and driven it home.  I don't use it as my daily driver but do drive it on the street frequently.  So as I said. when buying a modified GTR the pedigree of the shop is all important.  Hope this helps.

#3 droptopp

droptopp

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8979 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:29 PM

900-1000hp is a sweet spot in these cars. You should get some great reliability and they are plenty fast. My A9 setup with @ 1000hp lasted for 3 years (seasons) and hundreds of races. FYI - in the states we have no idea what a stage 7 is, it would just be considered a small build. Basic engine, trans and small turbos. Stock frame setups are putting down 1500+ these days.
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users