14 replies to this topic

#1 Afrowookie

Afrowookie

GTRWookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 01:01 PM

While trying to identify my exhaust in another thread I was also doing trans and diffs fluid changes and trans line and pan filter changes.

I had got a little underbody panel removal happy and removed panels I didn't need to. While removing the two rear panels on either side of the rear carbon fiber diffuser, I snapped a bolt on one side. And have a seized bolt on the other side.

The side that is seized is where the panel is bolted to this bracket that hangs down.  I am twisting the crap out of this bracket trying to get bolt off.  I would like to replace it since twisting it back and forth, I am afraid that I have weakened it.

Does anyone know the part number for this bracket that meets the rear corner panel.  It is connected with a 12mm bolt I believe.

Also have to replace a couple of 10mm and 12mm bolts, part #'s for these would be much appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• body_panels.jpg

#2 [email protected]

[email protected]

R32 Member

• Vendors
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 02:39 PM

748A0-JF00D=DIFFUSER

673N8-JF00A=BOLT

Does anyone know the part number for this bracket that meets the rear corner panel.  It is connected with a 12mm bolt I believe.

Respectfully,

Joe
Boulder Nissan
Parts Department
P# 303-447-2410
F# 303-545-5751

FOR GOOD DEALS ON NISSAN PARTS CHECK OUT THIS SITE.
http://www.shiftnissanparts.com

• #3 Afrowookie

Afrowookie

GTRWookie

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 73 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for reply Joe.

But the diffuser is fine, I need the two different bolts and the bracket that the diffuser is attached to.

#4 Gdzilla_

Gdzilla_

Marketplace Moderator

• Site Moderator
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 5268 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 06:17 PM

Always good to remove all the panels once in awhile, especially after winter driving. Small rocks and debris get landed on the top side - so its good to clean that all out.

Gives you the opportunity to spray rust inhibitor once the all bolts are removed. 

Don’t forget to clean out the bottom horizontal portions of the wheel liners - they trap all kinds of stuff.

Current Stable:
    2009 R35 Premium Edition 'GDZILLA' / Ivory Pearl / Ebony / brought home Sept. 8th 2008 / weekend warrior
    2006 Solstice 'EMILEY' / Olympic White / Ebony on Suede / for those 'Top Down' summer days
    2014 GMC All Terrain Sierra 4x4 'C2SKYE' / Summit White / Ebony Faux Carbon Fiber / trailer hauler
    1999 Vulcan Nomad 'TAZ' / Pearl Boulogne / Candy Arsenate Green / quick weekend get-a-ways
    2008 Vulcan Classic LT 'PEARL' / Crystal Pearl White / Metallic Titanium / quick weekend get-a-ways for the wife
    2019 Tucson Ultimate AWD 'POLRCUB' / Winter White / Ebony on Beige / Wife's daily driver
    'EMILEYII' / Solstice battery powered ride on car / White / daily driver for my daughter
    'GDZILLAII' / R35 GTR battery powered ride on car / White / weekend warrior for my daughter
    1999 R34 Gtt Skyline / White / Ebony / Sold

#5 Afrowookie

Afrowookie

GTRWookie

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 73 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 06:36 PM

Yeah there were a lot of little rocks and pebbles up there.

Anyone on that bracket, part number or name?

#6 JohnnyTSi

JohnnyTSi

R32 Member

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 112 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 08:06 PM

These guys have a pretty good online catalog with parts lookup. https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/

Enter your VIN and then Look under "Body (Side & Rear)" and then "Rear Bumper"

John-

Beautiful Blue FBO 2013 R35 GTR

655/638tq Daily Driven street thrasher!

Cobb 3" Intakes
    Rampage/SBD Race Intercooler with TiAL BOVs

Cobb Down Pipes
    Cobb 
    mid pipe modded with a Borla resonator

MAP Muffled 3.5" cat back
    id1300x2 injectors
    Visconti Flex Fuel kit
    Omni 4bar Map sensor kit
    Cobb Fuel Pressure sensor kit
    Torque Solution Maf Block-off Plates

Ported Intake Manifold

Dual asnu 330 w/Hardwire Kit (Visconti basket ready to go)

Built it Myself!

#7 droptopp

droptopp

NISMO Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 9307 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 10:43 PM

Look at Boulder Nissan commenting - kudos Jason used to be a ton of help back in the day. Good luck OP.
    Cicio Performance billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, Zenith R turbos, Cicio wet sump oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid, down pipe, race FMIC, STM titanium axle back, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears, DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : more AMS motors than anyone I know - Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

#8 L.L.

L.L.

R34 Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1677 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 11:11 PM

Might also be a good idea to run a tap or die on the threads to clean things up if you already have the bolts out. Sometimes mine feels crunchy and those contaminated or rusted threads can inadvertently cause crossthreading if you're not paying attention.

2015 Nissan GT-R Premium (SOLD)

AMS Alpha 9+ Turbochargers | AMS Alpha Induction Kit | AMS Alpha Front Mount Intercooler
    AMS Alpha 3" Intakes | AMS Alpha 90mm Downpipes  | Litchfield 102mm Triple Silenced Exhaust
    AMS 4.0 BAR Map Sensor | AMS Alpha Coolant Expansion Tank | AMS Alpha Splash Shield

Speed Density on Cobb AP3 | ID1300 Injectors | Tial Q BOV | DW300C Fuel Pumps | GotBoost Flexfuel Kit | GotBoost Fuel Pressure Monitoring Kit

Stock Block/Transmission | Tuned by Chris Black & ACG Automotive | Built by JohnWigs @ Pacific Nissan 

2017 Acura NSX (SOLD)

130R White on Red/Alcantara

2016 Nissan GT-R Black Edition (Current)
    Cobb SF 2.75" Intakes w/Green filters

HKS Resonated Midpipe

HKS 45th Anniversary 2-Stage Exhaust

#9 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R34 Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1034 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 12:52 AM

There are sets of SS bolts available for the under body panels. I would purchase a set and remove all of those OEM bolts and replace, they come with the correct size washers as well.

I've replaced all of mine. 

#10 Afrowookie

Afrowookie

GTRWookie

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 73 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 06:52 AM

Thanks for the link JohnnyTsi but I can't find it in that section.  I googled all part numbers that said bracket and none of those looks like the bracket I need.

Good idea on running a tapping out the holes especially the two I'm going to drill out.

Slimshady where did you get the SS bolt set for underbody panels?

I will try to post pic of the bracket I am looking for.

#11 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R34 Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1034 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 07:12 AM

https://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/207298-fs-brand-new-121-piece-stainless-steel-undercarriage-bolt-kit-including-anti-seize-grade-316-salt-resistantnow-only-71-grade 

95211A180 - 2 Packs Metric Type 316 SS Large-diameter Flat Washer, M8 Screw Size, 24mm Od, 1.8mm-2.2mm Thick x30pieces.
    95211A160 - 1 Pack Metric Type 316 SS Large-diameter Flat Washer, M6 Screw Size, 18mm Od, 1.4mm-1.8mm Thick x30 pieces.

93635A318 - 3 Packs Metric 316 Stainless Steel Hex Head Screw, M8 Size, 20mm Length, 1.25mm Pitch, Full Thread x30 pieces.
    93635A212 - 1 Pack Metric 316 Stainless Steel Hex Head Screw, M6 Size, 20 Mm Length, 1 mm Pitch, Full Thread x30pieces.

This was one of the kits available there are a few more. The M8 bolts can be 16mm if you so choose.

I bought my bolts and washers separate from a shop here in Sweden. I didn`t purchase the full 121 piece only the amount needed to do the undercarriage.

Edited by Slimshady201, 26 March 2021 - 07:15 AM.

#12 [email protected]

[email protected]

R32 Member

• Vendors
    • PipPip
    • 51 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 08:46 AM

Thanks for reply Joe.

But the diffuser is fine, I need the two different bolts and the bracket that the diffuser is attached to.

I think the bracket is part of the drafter guard.

right side Part code#76804j part#78852-jf00a

left side Part code#76805j part#78852-jf00a

Attached Thumbnails

• brack.JPG
    • bracket.JPG

Edited by [email protected], 26 March 2021 - 08:53 AM.

Respectfully,

Joe
    Boulder Nissan
    Parts Department
    P# 303-447-2410
    F# 303-545-5751

FOR GOOD DEALS ON NISSAN PARTS CHECK OUT THIS SITE.
    http://www.shiftnissanparts.com

• #13 Slimshady201

Slimshady201

R34 Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1034 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:38 AM

Does the bracket look like any one of the items in the photo? If so Joe might recognise it and be able to help.

https://www.gtr.co.u...lt-help.567063/

#14 Afrowookie

Afrowookie

GTRWookie

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 73 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 11:23 AM

Finally both the 12mm(M8) seized bolt and the 10mm(M6) snapped bolt are out now.

And thanks for the info Joe, you are right with that bracket you circled.  I was thinking it was a much smaller piece and not all together like that.  But for now I think I can reuse the current one for now.

Have to replace a couple bolts though.

Edited by Afrowookie, 26 March 2021 - 11:39 AM.

#15 7onyMustDive

7onyMustDive

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
    • Pip
    • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:28 PM

Just curious. From factory, is the entire diffuser under panel made of carbon fiber?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users