Posted 03 April 2021 - 02:46 PM

lol, i logged in just to mention this drool.gif

2017 Nissan GT-R, FBO+E85, Pearl White on Rakuda

2013 Infiniti G37 IPL Convertible, Moonlight White Pearl, "Lucy Jr." - sold

2005 Infiniti G35TT Coupe, Ivory Pearl, "Lucy" - sold

#3 100lbdog

100lbdog

Posted 04 April 2021 - 08:28 PM

...on the final line-up... where’s the flagship vehicle?  Maybe I missed it somewhere between the Sentra and the Z.  - or maybe the GTR is a class alone...

#4 L.L.

L.L.

Posted 04 April 2021 - 11:27 PM

...on the final line-up... where’s the flagship vehicle?  Maybe I missed it somewhere between the Sentra and the Z.  - or maybe the GTR is a class alone...

Nissan doesn't actively market the GTR in the states. Maybe MC can elaborate on that strategy.

2015 Nissan GT-R Premium (SOLD)

AMS Alpha 9+ Turbochargers | AMS Alpha Induction Kit | AMS Alpha Front Mount Intercooler
AMS Alpha 3" Intakes | AMS Alpha 90mm Downpipes  | Litchfield 102mm Triple Silenced Exhaust
AMS 4.0 BAR Map Sensor | AMS Alpha Coolant Expansion Tank | AMS Alpha Splash Shield

Speed Density on Cobb AP3 | ID1300 Injectors | Tial Q BOV | DW300C Fuel Pumps | GotBoost Flexfuel Kit | GotBoost Fuel Pressure Monitoring Kit

Stock Block/Transmission | Tuned by Chris Black & ACG Automotive | Built by JohnWigs @ Pacific Nissan 

2017 Acura NSX (SOLD)

130R White on Red/Alcantara

2016 Nissan GT-R Black Edition (Current)
Cobb SF 2.75" Intakes w/Green filters

HKS Resonated Midpipe

HKS 45th Anniversary 2-Stage Exhaust

#5 MC

MC

Posted 06 April 2021 - 04:03 PM

yeah its always been like that.  initially in the Mizuno era there was like an active effort to position it separately from the rest of the brand.  that time is when I was friends with all the GTR marketing guys in the US and I remember  there was push back out of Japan for it to be used in certain ways by them even though it was the halo car for the company.  there was never a  specific commercial for it on TV or anything.  when it first launched. and it  was never seen with the other cars  for a big red tent sale or anything like that.  that seemed to change just a little over the last few years.  the 2017 car got the corporate grill and you started to see it used here and there like  in the Heisman House ad campaigns  ect.   so it has had  a few cameos here and there

in the new rouge commercial  the GTR makes a short appearance when the family passes a  car hauler full of modded GTRs.

the reason you didnt see it in the New Nissan ad is well its the opposite of new.  that ad showcased everything just on the horizon with the Z and Ayira being the headliners of this new push from Nissan

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#6 crepr12

crepr12

Posted Today, 07:32 AM

GT-R just gets zero love from Nissan except for price hikes...jmho

50th Bayside Blue (No Stripes)

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users