Photo

Anyone familiar with this GTR for sale near Virginia Beach?

14 replies to this topic

#1 TGHaworth

TGHaworth

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 03:55 PM

Anyone familiar with this GTR for sale in CHESAPEAKE, VA?  https://www.priority...1AR5EF5FM281222

Looks like a nice clean car, exactly what I'm after, but too far for me to drive just to kick tires, and no way in hell I'll trust what the dealership has to say.

Edited by TGHaworth, 05 April 2021 - 04:43 PM.

-Tyler

#2 WideRide

WideRide

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 04:01 PM

At first glance, I thought the price was absurd...but then I noticed that the motor has been out of the car from the powder coated timing cover. Do you know what's been done to it besides the obvious? Wheels, exhaust, Boost Logic intake and catch can, TiAL BOV's, intakes, etc. 

#3 TGHaworth

TGHaworth

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 04:23 PM

I don't, but it looks like it's had some quality work done, really has my interest.

-Tyler

#4 GTRick

GTRick

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 05:09 PM

The boost logic intake plenum is like $5k with full intercooler piping kit and you typically see it on cars with built motors and trans. The Advan GTs are great light weight wheels that cost another $5k. It looks like it might have Boost logic exhaust as well, thats another $5k. Boost logic catch can is a grand. Even has boost logic overflow tank. It probably all came as part of a package. I would contact boost logic to see if they recognize the car. Perhaps they installed a build package on it? If car is fully built, that price isnt absurd.

#5 TGHaworth

TGHaworth

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 07:44 PM

Yeah, it looks like it would be built beyond what Im really looking for, which is good... I worry about built cars at dealerships being time bombs

-Tyler

#6 TGHaworth

TGHaworth

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 08:12 PM

Like, it really looks perfect for me, and that's usually a reason that I need to STAY AWAY, hah.

-Tyler

#7 WideRide

WideRide

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:06 AM

I wouldn't touch it unless it comes with some sort of documentation on where the car was built. If it's a reputable shop and the car passes a PPI, then perhaps it could be good. But a compression/leak down test is something I'd be very interested in if I were buying a built car.

#8 WholeGrainHomie

WholeGrainHomie

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:04 AM

Like GTRick mentioned,

Those Boost Logic bits dont come cheap.

If thats a built motor then it would be a very impressive deal. Plus you can do some negotiation. Not to mention that Pearl Blue is type rare. Get a local shop to do some PPI. I think Cicio Performance North is in VA. Im sure with good timing and a proper price, they can help you out

#9 TGHaworth

TGHaworth

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 09:10 AM

Oh shit, they're both in Chesapeake... Man that's a good idea...

-Tyler

#10 TGHaworth

TGHaworth

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:54 PM

If the car turns out to be in mint condition, what do you think the right price is? Not looking to get a steal but dont wanna get hosed either

-Tyler

#11 droptopp

droptopp

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9326 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 04:26 PM

It’s missing a big chunk of information which will directly impact value. Is the motor built ? If it is, who did it? What are the specs? Was it t done right? Then after you figure all that out, was it taken care of, how many miles since build, etc. Could be a great deal or it could be a complete waste of cash, etc. Always hard to tell with limited info.
Cicio Performance billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, Zenith R turbos, Cicio wet sump oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid, down pipe, race FMIC, STM titanium axle back, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears, DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : more AMS motors than anyone I know - Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

#12 TGHaworth

TGHaworth

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 04:42 PM

No trans work, no motor work, factory turbos.

Boost Division, which is the shop that Cicio bought out apparently, did the install.  The dealership sent me a copy of the estimate for the work, dated June 2017.

According to Carfax it probably had around 20k miles on it then, only has about 24k on it now.

According to Priority Honda, the car belonged to a friend of the dealership's GM.

Cicio is going to do a PPI for me on Wednesday, we'll see how it plays out.

-Tyler

#13 droptopp

droptopp

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9326 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 05:12 PM

Nice. Well on your way to getting the data you need to make an educated decision. Congrats.
Cicio Performance billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, Zenith R turbos, Cicio wet sump oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid, down pipe, race FMIC, STM titanium axle back, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears, DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : more AMS motors than anyone I know - Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

#14 GTRick

GTRick

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 05:22 PM

Thats an interesting find. I would have guessed car had built motor trans and turbos as Ive never seen a stock turbo GT-R with an upgraded intake manifold like that. My understanding is people typically dont add these until you are past ~900 whp. I wonder what dyno gains look like with stock turbos?

Friend of GM or not, odd for a car like that to end up at a Honda dealer. Owner could have made more money private party or parting out before trade.

I just noticed the upgraded BL intercooler as well. Definitely a decent amount of money spent, just not in the usual order. Let us know what Cicio finds. Best of luck. Its a sharp looking car.

#15 TGHaworth

TGHaworth

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 05:27 PM

Looking around at the market I'm thinking about 80 seems like a fair price... Thoughts?

The car is begging for some bigger spoolybois and a trans job, actually started that discussion with Dan @ Cicio already.

The guy that traded it in is apparently a bit of a collector and he gives them all of his higher end vehicles to sell, I kind of got the feeling that he did all of the flashy engine bay goodies to make the car look like a beast without committing to the big boy power mods.

Edited by TGHaworth, 05 April 2021 - 05:34 PM.

-Tyler

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users