3 replies to this topic

#1 nathanbauer91

nathanbauer91

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 08:49 PM

Hello, ive got a r32 gtr, ive had it for a little over two years now and have had no issues with it. However, a few weeks ago I started having this bogging down effect while I was on the highway. I stopped at a drive thru and my car started bogging down even more until it would stall and i would have to restart it, even then it would keep dying on me. I managed to get it back to my house barely lol. So the next day I tried starting it, and It ran fine for about 5 to 6 seconds, then would start bogging down real bad and I could only keep it alive by keeping my foot on the pedal, would still eventually stall out though. So I checked all the vacuum lines, borrowed my buddies MAF sensors, checked intercooler piping, pretty much all the obvious things. Tried downloading the code and it gave me a 55 which meant no error, then today i tried downloading the code after starting it again, and it gave me error code 41, which i believe is the air temp sensor. So I pulled that out and it definitely looked a little crusty, so i tried cleaning it. Still no luck with it though, Im just trying to figure out If i should order a new air temp sensor, or keep digging into the issue. Thanks for any help

#2 Gdzilla_

Gdzilla_

Marketplace Moderator

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5268 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 09:30 PM

Well since it gave you the air temp. sensor code I would start with a new one of those.

Then move on to the coil packs. RB’s are notorious for “cooking” the ignition coil packs.

Current Stable:
2009 R35 Premium Edition 'GDZILLA' / Ivory Pearl / Ebony / brought home Sept. 8th 2008 / weekend warrior
2006 Solstice 'EMILEY' / Olympic White / Ebony on Suede / for those 'Top Down' summer days
2014 GMC All Terrain Sierra 4x4 'C2SKYE' / Summit White / Ebony Faux Carbon Fiber / trailer hauler
1999 Vulcan Nomad 'TAZ' / Pearl Boulogne / Candy Arsenate Green / quick weekend get-a-ways
2008 Vulcan Classic LT 'PEARL' / Crystal Pearl White / Metallic Titanium / quick weekend get-a-ways for the wife
2019 Tucson Ultimate AWD 'POLRCUB' / Winter White / Ebony on Beige / Wife's daily driver
'EMILEYII' / Solstice battery powered ride on car / White / daily driver for my daughter
'GDZILLAII' / R35 GTR battery powered ride on car / White / weekend warrior for my daughter
1999 R34 Gtt Skyline / White / Ebony / Sold

#3 R32Squirrel

R32Squirrel

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 09:33 AM

As far as I know the air temp sensor in R32 doesn't do much or if anything at all, it may just be a fail safe.  In fact, it is the exact same sensor as the coolant temp sensor next to it, so you can just swap the two and see if that helps.  It's also not difficult to test, just get a cup of hot water and measure the resistance.  It's also relatively cheap, so feel free to drop some bucks if you want to have a piece of mind.  

Are you able to accelerate but only bogs down and stall when you lift?  If so the problem may be with the TPS.  But based on your descriptions, I would guess your trouble is with the fuel system, or potentially the control for your fuel system, ie. FPCM.  

#4 joshuaho96

joshuaho96

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:02 PM

My advice for these issues is get a consult cable and Nissan Datascan, log your drive with a laptop. It will give you some indication of what's going on when the engine is bogging.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users