#1 germangtr

germangtr

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 11:56 PM

Hey guys,

I am changing my brakes and wanna knwo the torque values which I have to use.

Firstly sorry for my english :-)

I am changing my Discs and the Pads. I have a Dixcel 400mm Brake Kit. The Disc is mounted with "Boppins" (is it spelled correct)

I need to know the torque of these Boppins. Is it a good idea to mount the Boppins on the new Disc with Loctite 242 (middle) ?

Also I need to know the torque of the front calipers and of the rims(I know 120NM I need for other cars, but is it on GTR also?)

Edited by Gdzilla_, 29 April 2021 - 06:23 PM.

#2 germangtr

germangtr

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 12:59 AM

Another question is, how high is the temperature on the hats? Can I paint them Black? Now they are silver

Edited by Gdzilla_, 29 April 2021 - 06:17 PM.

#3 NT-GTR

NT-GTR

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 09:18 PM

Hey guys,

I am changing my brakes and wanna knwo the torque values which I have to use.

Firstly sorry for my english :-)

I am changing my Discs and the Pads. I have a Dixcel 400mm Brake Kit. The Disc is mounted with "Boppins" (is it spelled correct)

I need to know the torque of these Boppins. Is it a good idea to mount the Boppins on the new Disc with Loctite 242 (middle) ?

Also I need to know the torque of the front calipers and of the rims(I know 120NM I need for other cars, but is it on GTR also?)

I'd reach out to Dixcel and/or the company that you bought the brake kit from to confirm but this is what I found online concerning torque specs for the "bobbins" on the R35:

Torque to 6.5 Nm and then turn nut a further 30 degrees and make sure after that all nuts are torqued to between 10Nm to 12Nm

This thread should cover the caliper torque specs:

https://www.gtrlife....t-torque-specs/

As for the wheels/rims, torque spec is 132Nm.

2009 Gun Metallic Nissan GT-R

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users