#1 xenoR35

xenoR35

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 10:43 PM

Hi Everyone,

I will be moving back to the East coast for work soon and will be in the CT area most likely.

Trying to figure out the car inspection/emission laws for CT. From what I found there is a SMOG check on a dynameter?

I have basic bolts on assuming I won't pass with my downpipe...

Originally from NY and remember the TINT is part of the yearly inspection with basic car inspection.

Any insight appreciated, thank you.

Benny

#2 richj92

richj92

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 11:55 PM

Tints will not be an issue unless you are in specific towns and even then most cops will not do anything about it. They are not currently part of any inspection for the car to get onto the road.

Emissions is nothing special for CT. They will do the SMOG check on the dyno and as long as you do not have any engine codes you should be fine. If you have a tune to turn them off and they read *not ready* then you will fail and have to come back when they are on and ready to be read. The GTR has no visual inspection for cats in CT because of the plates along the bottom but you never know. You might get some d bag who wants to check it out. If you do not have cats, though, it is unlikely (while still possible) to pass emissions anyway.

It costs $20 which is state mandated. No more. No less. If you fail, you get one more shot at it and do not have to pay the second time. If you fail again, you have to pay for the third test.

90% of places are walk in and do not schedule appointments but it does not hurt to call ahead of time to confirm that. Most places are also fairly quick (15-30min).

Good luck! I only have Fabspeed mini cats and I am finagling my way through to try to pass.

#3 xenoR35

xenoR35

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:04 PM

Thank you for the insight!

Will probably just install stock dp and get a new custom tune.

#4 Jojipoji

Jojipoji

R35 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2308 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:45 PM

if you're on Ecutek you can pass if the tuner sets up the right parameters on the tune. if you are on cobb it becomes much more difficult (need spacers etc)

"The secret to a long successful marriage, is I haven't talked to my wife for a year now. I didn't want to interrupt her."
16 nismo GTR, 16 M3

#5 rcalcaide

rcalcaide

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:43 PM

if you're on Ecutek you can pass if the tuner sets up the right parameters on the tune. if you are on cobb it becomes much more difficult (need spacers etc)

What do you mean by spacers?

I have a Switzer P800 on Cobb. Full turbo set up, injectors, intakes. However running OEM catted downpipes. I need to have my emissions done but have no idea how to "pass" emissions with my set up.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users