#1 Lutfalla R35

Lutfalla R35

Aм labelled as a trouble мAкEя

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1522 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:38 AM

Hi guys... a quick question from a noob

After how many kilometres I have to change the engine/diff/tranny oils?
Some say i have 2 change the engine oil after 5,000 KM and the dealer says after 10,000 KM and im confused :)
And about the diff and tranny oils i need to know when i have 2 change them

for info (I never track the car)

Cheers
09 Gulf Spec GT-R , Red, Black/Red

Go: BL GT30 HTA TT // BL exhaust manifold & DP's // Tial MVR 44mm Wasgates // BL 3' Intakes // Manley AMS Spec Forged Pistons // Manley Extreme Duty Rods // Kelford AMS spec Valves & Cams 272 // ATI Pully Damper // AMS 4 Bar map sensor // ARP main studs & L19 studs // Cobb NIS006 // Cobb 90mm Midpipe // GTC Titanium 90mm Cat-back (Built by MC Performance)

Trans: Stage 3 (Fully built by SMS Design & Performance)

Stop & Turn: Toyo's R888 // SWIFT's // Kics Hub Centric 15mm rear Spacers // Endless MX72 Brake Pads // Stainless Brake Lines // Motul RFB 600 Racing DOT Brake Fluid

Misc & Cooling: Motul 15W50 Engine // Royal Purple Diff Fluids // Dodson Trans Fluid // Aeromotive 340-LPH tripple fuel pumps // ID 1700 injectores // HKS Plugs // BL F14 Race FMIC // SSP Upgraded Radaitor // AAM IC pipes // Tail bov's // HKS Silicone Vacuum Hoses // HKS Transmission Cooler // AAM Oil Cooler // Dodson Thermo's // Dodson Diff Scoop

Show: CF Trunk, CF Lower Mirror Covers, CF Hood Vents, CF Front Grill, CF Fender Vents, CF Fender Emblem Cover, CF Radiator panel, CF Headlight Surround, CF rear under Spoiler, Zele FRB Side skirts, Black Painted Front lip and Rims

Tuned by: [email protected] Performance (Live Dyno Tune) 938WHP 803 TQ

[email protected], 1.49 60'ft, First in the M.E to hit 1.4 60'FT

#2 MF92

MF92

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2563 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:51 AM

Some say i have 2 change the engine oil after 5,000 KM and the dealer says after 10,000 KM and im confused :)

Cheers

i had my 1st oil change at 10,000kms, the diff and tranny fluids according to my dealer and the service guide is after 18 months or 30000 kms, but if you want ur trany lasting more than 60000 kms change it to ur choice, and maybe use a different fluid
780whp @ 7000rpm & 700wtq @ 4500 rpm on pump94 & mustang dyno

'09 GT-R Red (Black Interior)

SJL Custom turbos w/ forge actuators

Built Block (courtesy of SJL)
Built Transmission (courtesy of SJL) w/ 2013 upgraded cooling lines
Full AAM Catless Variable Exhaust
AAM 3" Intake w/GTC inlets and AMS 4-bar MAP sensor w/ gotboost harness
AAM Intercooler w/ GReddy IC pipes & GFB BOVs
GTC Speed Density Tune (EcuTek)
SIR Injectors & Fuel Pumps
Boomerang & AUX/NAV bypass and Backup camera (courtesy of adrey)
ADV1 7.1 wheels in gloss black
AP JHooks, Endless mx72 pads, AMS Brake Lines
KW Sleeve's, Stillen Sway Bars

#3 thebishman

thebishman

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

Cheers

Ah, is that not you on the drag strip? Is that not a track?

If so, I would change to Willall transmission fluid ASAP, and perform all other fluid changes according to the frequent schedule in the manual.

Bish

#4 Ottov

Ottov

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:29 PM

If so, I would change to Willall transmission fluid ASAP, and perform all other fluid changes according to the frequent schedule in the manual.

Bish

I changed all the oils (Eng/Tran/& Diff) @ 1000 Miles (1600KM) in my GTR with Willall oils. Can not be happier. The noise of the transmission almost disappear, all the temperatures very low Specially the transmission that before the change was 200 to 220 F, now with same driving conditions, don't reach 200F.
I changed my self in my Garage @ home, but i have a lift, which facilitated everything.

#5 Lutfalla R35

Lutfalla R35

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1522 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:47 PM

its me on the drag strip but i said i never track the car (i race on a strait line only)

Go: BL GT30 HTA TT // BL exhaust manifold & DP's // Tial MVR 44mm Wasgates // BL 3' Intakes // Manley AMS Spec Forged Pistons // Manley Extreme Duty Rods // Kelford AMS spec Valves & Cams 272 // ATI Pully Damper // AMS 4 Bar map sensor // ARP main studs & L19 studs // Cobb NIS006 // Cobb 90mm Midpipe // GTC Titanium 90mm Cat-back (Built by MC Performance)

Stop & Turn: Toyo's R888 // SWIFT's // Kics Hub Centric 15mm rear Spacers // Endless MX72 Brake Pads // Stainless Brake Lines // Motul RFB 600 Racing DOT Brake Fluid

Misc & Cooling: Motul 15W50 Engine // Royal Purple Diff Fluids // Dodson Trans Fluid // Aeromotive 340-LPH tripple fuel pumps // ID 1700 injectores // HKS Plugs // BL F14 Race FMIC // SSP Upgraded Radaitor // AAM IC pipes // Tail bov's // HKS Silicone Vacuum Hoses // HKS Transmission Cooler // AAM Oil Cooler // Dodson Thermo's // Dodson Diff Scoop

Show: CF Trunk, CF Lower Mirror Covers, CF Hood Vents, CF Front Grill, CF Fender Vents, CF Fender Emblem Cover, CF Radiator panel, CF Headlight Surround, CF rear under Spoiler, Zele FRB Side skirts, Black Painted Front lip and Rims

#6 Adrey

Adrey

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6652 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

I changed all the oils (Eng/Tran/& Diff) @ 1000 Miles (1600KM) in my GTR with Willall oils. Can not be happier. The noise of the transmission almost disappear, all the temperatures very low Specially the transmission that before the change was 200 to 220 F, now with same driving conditions, don't reach 200F.
I changed my self in my Garage @ home, but i have a lift, which facilitated everything.

Ottov, I see you are also in miami. we should meet up sometime

#7 'Q

'Q

Spec Mi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4308 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:34 AM

I change the engine fluid every 5K, tranny fluid every 5 to 7K. You can change the tranny fluid at 10K if you wish or more. But with your driving style i say now is the time to change. Your at 8K now right?

Motul 15w50 engine fluid
Motul Diff fluids
Willall Transmission fluid

Sharif is the man to go with, he stocks them so shipping will be fast without leaks.

When you take her to SMS, let them keep you a sample of the transmission oil when they drain it. Give it to me and ill send it to a lab along with my willall sample im gonna drain today..

Facebook Admin/Content Creator:
Facebook.com/MEGTROC

Formerly known as member GT3240x2

#8 Goodwood

Goodwood

Caretaker of GODZIRA!

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2679 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:15 AM

its me on the drag strip but i said i never track the car (i race on a strait line only)

Pretty sure everyone else here would agree that drag racing your car is also considered "tracking". Afterall, the drag strip is a race track, is it not? :) Changing to Willall is just as important if you drag the car. You might not reach critical tranny temps doing it, but the shock load is higher, especially if you use LC.

#9 Lutfalla R35

Lutfalla R35

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1522 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:46 AM

I change the engine fluid every 5K, tranny fluid every 5 to 7K. You can change the tranny fluid at 10K if you wish or more. But with your driving style i say now is the time to change. Your at 8K now right?

Motul 15w50 engine fluid
Motul Diff fluids
Willall Transmission fluid

Sharif is the man to go with, he stocks them so shipping will be fast without leaks.

When you take her to SMS, let them keep you a sample of the transmission oil when they drain it. Give it to me and ill send it to a lab along with my willall sample im gonna drain today..

ya reached 8K now... Farooq the money is not a big deal but i wana prove TO THE BOSS (MY DAD) that I have to change what u asked me 2 change cause Hurry (el dealer) the mother f**ker told him u only have 2 change it after 40K... yesturday sakata jeb lah mekaneeky chayak el oil oo gal lah eda ma badalta a7een bet5rob sayartok!! ashwa etana8 3an el oil engine bas shloon a8ne3a 3an el oil el gear oo el diffration madri :(

At the end i told him fuck the car ill drive and wont care but dont blame me after if something happens

Edited by Lutfalla R35, 15 December 2009 - 05:48 AM.

#10 [email protected]

[email protected]

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12530 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:13 AM

have to change what u asked me 2 change cause Hurry (el dealer) the mother f**ker told him u only have 2 change it after 40K... yesturday sakata jeb lah mekaneeky chayak el oil oo gal lah eda ma badalta a7een bet5rob sayartok!! ashwa etana8

you lost me towards the end there. :)

IMHO the prescribed change intervals are only suitable for stock daily driven cars. For high power cars used on the track occasionally I recommend an oil change in the 3000 to 4000 mile range, diff fluid at 6000 miles and willall trans fluid about every 10 to 15k with moderate track use.

If the car is strictly daily driven then using the oem recommended intervals is fine.

Sharif Abdelbaset | GM | Calibrator | Driving Instructor
[email protected]
498 Cobb Parkway South, Marietta GA 30060
Forged Performance will meet or beat any competitors pricing!

#11 houstonT

houstonT

R34 Member

• Event Organizer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1832 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:19 AM

My experience with my car (daily driver and occasional, and I mean occasional track use)

1,000 miles - oil change
3,000 miles - oil change
5,000 miles - tranny fluid change (Willall of course)
6,000 miles - oil change

From this point fwd I will change oil every 4,000 miles......tranny fluid every 15,000 miles....and front and rear diff at 10,000 and every 10,000 thereafter. Rhyme or reason to this? Not much, I'm just anal.....

Peter
2017 Nissan GTR - White/Black
2017 Huracan Performante - White/Black
1994 Supra -White/Black, 13k original miles

#12 Lutfalla R35

Lutfalla R35

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1522 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

you lost me towards the end there. :irock:

IMHO the prescribed change intervals are only suitable for stock daily driven cars. For high power cars used on the track occasionally I recommend an oil change in the 3000 to 4000 mile range, diff fluid at 6000 miles and willall trans fluid about every 10 to 15k with moderate track use.

If the car is strictly daily driven then using the oem recommended intervals is fine.

Im getting ur fuilds in few days... ill PM u soon ;)

#13 'Q

'Q

Spec Mi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4308 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

Lutfalla,

What Sharif said :)

you lost me towards the end there. :)

Arab'Lish :lmfao:

Facebook Admin/Content Creator:
Facebook.com/MEGTROC

Formerly known as member GT3240x2

#14 Ottov

Ottov

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:50 PM

Ottov, I see you are also in miami. we should meet up sometime

Hi Adrey, yes i am in Miami to. Here is my e-mail [email protected] aol.com.
E-mail me your phone, and i will call you, so that we can get in contact & if possible meet.
At this time i am doing a little project in my GTR, & is on the lift. I am installing a transmission oil :irock: :banghead: :wavey: cooler, but because of work, is
little by little. Anyhow, send me your information & i will contact you for sure.
Tomorrow i am at work all day, but Thursday & Friday i will be working in the car here at home.
See you then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users