28 replies to this topic

#21 BluZilla

BluZilla

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:01 PM

Thank you for this, when it was locked were you able to turn on radio or press on start button and get something ? I have the same problem only honk and power seats work

#22 franzcars

franzcars

GTR-KID

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:04 AM

My 2009 has this TSB done back in 2010 and the lock failed again over the weekend. Through some digging from a friend at a local dealership, we found that there's a new TSB part number for 2010 maximas and alimas only, but it works for the GTR. The new part is $55USD but deletes the steering lock functionality. I used it on my car and it fixed my issue and bolted right into place.

Part # 48708-9N00A

2013 Premium Deep Blue Pearl Gone but never forgotten, Memorial Day 2017
New GTR
2009 SS Jack's Built ETS 3582R. From Motown to The Lou, and we're proud CP/Carrillo/Linney 4.1L, GSC cams, Volk te37's, Fore triple, Carter Motorsports 2200's, Jacks custom Trans

#23 1BAD2DR

1BAD2DR

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:00 PM

Hi franzcars I recently had the steering lock replaced by the dealer for $1500 but now I notice when I turn my car off I can still shift the gear selector out of park into whatever gear like it dosent actually lock when I turn the car off. When I open the door and lock it it seems to lock the gear. Is this normal?

#24 1BAD2DR

1BAD2DR

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:01 PM

Franzcars what issues were u having this weekend that you replaced it with the part number you posted?

#25 franzcars

franzcars

GTR-KID

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:19 PM

The wheel will not lock until you open the door with the car turned off and in park. My issues were the key light would light up on the dash, would show a code for the steering lock on the BCM and finally the car would not allow me to turn it on or put it in acc and would just show the key icon on the dash

New GTR
2009 SS Jack's Built ETS 3582R. From Motown to The Lou, and we're proud CP/Carrillo/Linney 4.1L, GSC cams, Volk te37's, Fore triple, Carter Motorsports 2200's, Jacks custom Trans

#26 tjlazer

tjlazer

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3566 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:03 PM

The wheel will not lock until you open the door with the car turned off and in park. My issues were the key light would light up on the dash, would show a code for the steering lock on the BCM and finally the car would not allow me to turn it on or put it in acc and would just show the key icon on the dash

How do you fix it with that new replacement module once the steering module fails?

Posted Image
2010 Nissan GT-R Pearl White Premium
2009 Nissan 370Z Nismo Monterey Blue

#27 Mickwitchy

Mickwitchy

Newschool Datto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:29 PM

Slightly off topic, but I'm curious as to why this thread even existed in 2010. I would've thought every single r35 would've still been under warranty in 2010....

2015 Premium
HKS GT1000 turbo kit
Greddy crossflow intercooler/BOVs
Fore Innovations triple pump setup (Visconti hardwire kit)

Visconti fuel pressure monitoring
Speedflow post filter
VRSF 3" intakes
ID1700s
Willall Ti resonated midpipe
Torque solutions BMCS
Radium triple catch cans
Shep 1K w/ Drag Pack
Kaps AWD controller
ECUTEK SD tune w/ 4bar Map sensor w/ Visconti flex fuel
DIY so far - Apart from tune...

#28 franzcars

franzcars

GTR-KID

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 08:23 AM

Slightly off topic, but I'm curious as to why this thread even existed in 2010. I would've thought every single r35 would've still been under warranty in 2010....

Some people did not have access a GTR Certified dealership, also they can just fail randomly and it'd be possible to find one of these and fix it on the side of the road

How do you fix it with that new replacement module once the steering module fails?

Exact same procedure as in this thread. Only thing I did different was put normal Allen bolts on instead of the annoying security ones.

New GTR

#29 Miknow

Miknow

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:36 PM

Sorry to revive this. Did this happen to anyone with 2017+ GTRs? My car was in garage for 6 months and I just replaced the battery and this is what I am getting. 

Edited by Miknow, 21 February 2021 - 09:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users