8 replies to this topic

#1 EvilGTR21

EvilGTR21

24>23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1166 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:18 PM

I'm currently here at Cobb tuning SoCal to get my car tuned and I must say I'm pretty impressed with the way the place looks and the facilities. Car is getting tuned as I write this so stay tuned for the results. Should be getting some nice numbers

Edited by EvilGTR21, 16 December 2011 - 07:11 PM.

#2 DocNrock

DocNrock

SpecV Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3626 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

Jon's a great tuner. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
2009 Obsidian Black Nissan GT-R Premium. 550 awhp, 544 awtq (Mustang dyno, 91 octane). Dyno tuned by Jon at Cobb SoCal

Auto Club Speedway ROVAL 1:51.450, Willow Springs (big Willow) 1:34.457, Buttonwillow 13cw 2:02.858, SMMR 3.1 2:41.811

Go: Akuma BM intakes with Outerwears prefilters, AMS FMIC, Harman Motive intercooler piping, iD 1000cc injectors, dual Walbro fuel pumps, NGK racing plugs, AAM decatted downpipes, Cobb catted Y-pipe, HKS Legamax exhaust, and Cobb AP with custom tune.

Stop: AP Racing J-hook rotors, Endless ME20 pads, Stillen stainless brake lines, Endless RF-650 fluid.

Handling: Stillen sway bars, Dunlop SportMaxx 285's x 4, KW Coilover Sleeve kit, custom track alignment.

Accoutrements: Traqmate Complete/Chase Cam, GT Motoring tow hook, ARP studs, Project Kics R40 lugnuts. Passenger seat mount Halon extinguisher.

#3 EvilGTR21

EvilGTR21

24>23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1166 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

566 wtq and 550 whp, very impressive results. I will post the graph tonight once I get it. I have an hks nonresinated midpipe and legamax exhaust. I also have the gotboost performance 3" intakes. This is a great place for anyone considering getting work done. Jon is a very accomplished tuner as most of you know. Now I hope I don't soil my pants on the way home with all that power!

#4 Raydius

Raydius

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Are you limited by the stock injectors with that setup?
2012 Nissan GT-R Premium - Deep Blue Pearl - AAM res midpipes - Cobb AP - Stillen side skirts - Stillen front skid plate - WR35TM - iForged Insite - KW Sleeves

Previous:
2009 Audi S5 - VS-XX and lots of suspension mods, best exhaust sound ever
2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor - full Wald, lots of McIntosh audio
1992 Toyota Supra Turbo - 1.5JZ+GT35R project that never finished
1991 Toyota Supra Turbo - 1JZ swap, full Bomex

#5 nlpamg

nlpamg

R34 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

566 wtq and 550 whp, very impressive results. I will post the graph tonight once I get it. I have an hks nonresinated midpipe and legamax exhaust. I also have the gotboost performance 3" intakes. This is a great place for anyone considering getting work done. Jon is a very accomplished tuner as most of you know. Now I hope I don't soil my pants on the way home with all that power!

Nice! On 91?
-Phil
AMS DPs | HKS Res. MP | ID1000s | GB 3" Intakes | Tuned by Chris [email protected]

#6 EvilGTR21

EvilGTR21

24>23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1166 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

Yes 91 octane. As far as injectors go he said unrighteousness there. If I want more power I would need to change them.

#7 Raydius

Raydius

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

Nice yeah I'm going to be making my appointment with Jon also after picking up intakes and injectors. Good to know that 550 on pump can be made safely with the 1000cc fuel headroom. Did he send out a limp map for you to drive over there with, or did you have the intakes installed there?
2012 Nissan GT-R Premium - Deep Blue Pearl - AAM res midpipes - Cobb AP - Stillen side skirts - Stillen front skid plate - WR35TM - iForged Insite - KW Sleeves

Previous:
2009 Audi S5 - VS-XX and lots of suspension mods, best exhaust sound ever
2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor - full Wald, lots of McIntosh audio
1992 Toyota Supra Turbo - 1.5JZ+GT35R project that never finished
1991 Toyota Supra Turbo - 1JZ swap, full Bomex

#8 nico

nico

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2071 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

damn very nice! especially with those mods. did you have the car dynoed in stock form?

#9 EvilGTR21

EvilGTR21

24>23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1166 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Nice yeah I'm going to be making my appointment with Jon also after picking up intakes and injectors. Good to know that 550 on pump can be made safely with the 1000cc fuel headroom. Did he send out a limp map for you to drive over there with, or did you have the intakes installed there?

I used an off the shelf map from Cobb for the 3" intakes. Installed the intakes last night (pretty straight forward) and drove there this morning. Car drove normal there but i didn't push it.

damn very nice! especially with those mods. did you have the car dynoed in stock form?

I had the car dynoed the previous time i was there with the midpipe and legamax catback only (no intakes) on a stage 2 and stage 1 Cobb off the shelf maps.
478 WHP/ 506 WTQ on Stage 2
465 WHP/ 488 WTQ on Stage 1
These are on their mustang dyno
Here is the Link to that:
http://tinyurl.com/cf8ahaw

Based on those numbers i believe a bone stock 2010 GTR will do around 430 WHP (at least mine)
I'll post the new chart once I have access to it in a day or two.

The car is a monster, Jon did an amazing Job. Power delivery is super smooth but BRUTAL!

Edited by EvilGTR21, 16 December 2011 - 07:08 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users