#1 WhiteBeast

WhiteBeast

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

http://www.nagtroc.o...__fromsearch__1

anybody try these? I was thinking of picking up a set, but wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them. I would appreciate any insight. thanks

#2 jdm35r

jdm35r

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hi,
I'm from Australia and I recently received and installed the Kaiju resonated midpipe from SFS.

You can probably dig up my previous thread but previously, I had another resonated midpipe which was great on it's own. However, after a few weeks, I installed a titanium catback and it got too loud for my liking. There were also issues with drone and a big of rasp.

I originally placed an order for a HKS resonated as they are known to be quieter but no one carried any stock over here in Australia. Looked at the vendor threads and I decided to try the Kaiju midpipe out. Price was decent and the fact they had a massive resonator and pre-wrapped sold me as I wanted my exhaust to quieten down and reduce drone.

I received it yesterday and got it installed at the HPC. The tech was impressed with the item and had no issues with the install.

It sounds great now but keep in mind that I do have a catback which is pretty much straight through. If you are just installing a midpipe and after gains + noise, I would probably suggest their non-resonated version as the resonated is supposed to be quiet.

Cheers

#3 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpeedForSale.com

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hello, we had our Racing midpipes (both resonated and NON-resonated) revised multiple times to have all top notch features and attention to detail such as flex section which have inner braiding instead of just the normal accordion style flex section which reduces turbulence, and the flex sections also have the same inside diameter as the rest of the piping to ensure no restrictions or bottle necks. We use the highest quality heat wrap possible, which is DEI Titanium Heat Wrap with LR technology, which is made from pulverized lava rock. We hold this wrap in place using aircraft grade safety wire, which is attached using the correct tool that pulls the wire very tight to prevent any slack or looseness in the heat wrap. The welds are very clean, and thick flanges are used to prevent cracking or warping over time, and thus eliminating the chance of exhaust leaks down the road.

We GUARANTEE FITMENT, or your money back!

You can find more details and pictures here:
http://www.speedfors...0.html?cPath=26

Posted Image

Edited by [email protected], 14 September 2012 - 11:01 AM.

WORLD'S LARGEST SELECTION OF GT-R AFTERMARKET PARTS: CLICK HERE!

Dodson Certified Pro Dealer and GR6 Builder ... Working on the GR6 since September 2008
Cobb PRO Tuner
In-house load bearing dyno at our shop in Atlanta

Staged Power & Chassis Upgrades List: CLICK HERE!
GT-R Parts installation guides: CLICK HERE!
Brake Parts Weight Guide: CLICK HERE!

Jeremy Blackwell
EFI University Certified Engine/ECU Tuner & ASE Certified A1/A8
President, Speed For Sale LLC ([email protected] / 770-777-4774)

Founder, www.300zxClub.com and GT-R/Z Nationals Event

#4 WhiteBeast

WhiteBeast

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

Ive read that cast downpipes are great because they limit cracking and such, does this also apply to mid pipes? or are midpipes not subject to as much pressure

#5 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpeedForSale.com

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

Ive read that cast downpipes are great because they limit cracking and such, does this also apply to mid pipes? or are midpipes not subject to as much pressure

Hello,
The exhaust systems don't have "pressure". The issue with low quality pipes is that the thermal expansion and contraction over time can crack welds. However, our downpipes and midpipes have these features which prevent cracking:

- dual flex sections in the midpipe allow thermal expansion and contraction of the mid-pipe and downpipes without the issues of cracked welds/etc.
- Our downpipes attach to OEM rubber hangers which allow them to move a tiny amount as needed to prevent engine movement and vibrations from cracking anything
- our exhaust pieces use thick flanges and quality welds on the stainless steel. A quality weld is actually as strong or stronger than the metal being welded!

We have never seen ANY issues with cracking or breaking of our exhaust pieces!
WORLD'S LARGEST SELECTION OF GT-R AFTERMARKET PARTS: CLICK HERE!

Dodson Certified Pro Dealer and GR6 Builder ... Working on the GR6 since September 2008
Cobb PRO Tuner
In-house load bearing dyno at our shop in Atlanta

Staged Power & Chassis Upgrades List: CLICK HERE!
GT-R Parts installation guides: CLICK HERE!
Brake Parts Weight Guide: CLICK HERE!

Jeremy Blackwell
EFI University Certified Engine/ECU Tuner & ASE Certified A1/A8
President, Speed For Sale LLC ([email protected] / 770-777-4774)

Founder, www.300zxClub.com and GT-R/Z Nationals Event

#6 hdinmotion

hdinmotion

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

http://www.nagtroc.o...__fromsearch__1

anybody try these? I was thinking of picking up a set, but wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them. I would appreciate any insight. thanks

I bought this exact midpipe from Jeremy and absolutely love them. I was after something quiet but maybe slightly deeper and this did the trick. It sounds deeper but very subtle. ( I have stock down pipes, stock mufflers and 3 inch intakes)
2012 GT-R Black Edition

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users