#1 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Dealers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3602 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hi guys,
Tal, Ricky and I have been talking briefly in another thread about renting HPR. I know that locally we have around 10 GTR owners that like to road course. I think that is about the number we would need to make the day happen. The upside is tons of track time with little to no traffic and the flexibility to pretty much run when we want and pit when we want. I think we could also do some side by side pulls down the back straight if we wanted. I would need to verify with the track manager. I know when I have rented it in the past it was @$700 for the day per car (unlimited drivers in each car). This type of rental is called a semi exclusive. Meaning that if another car wanted to come out they could pay and join in the day. I have done this type of rental the past two years before heading down to Texas and have always had the track to myself for the entire day. If we can coordinate the day with more cars I would think I could get a lesser price.

Please respond in this thread if you would like to attend and how much you would be willing to pay to rent the track. I think we would all have an absolute blast! I will provide lunch if we can make this happen.

Interested in participating;
1) myself
2)Dave
3)Rick
4)Tal
5)Josh
6)skitzo
7)co-gtr
8)Tasa
9)FoolsGold
10)xbrowne
11)CROCK

Edited by [email protected], 29 August 2012 - 08:58 AM.

#2 [email protected]

[email protected]

ACG Automotive

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

I'm very much in for this :) Looking forward to it Jason.

San Diego's GT-R Aftermarket and Service Center

7884 Ronson Road | San Diego, CA 92111 | 877-422-4736 x 2 | www.acgautomotive.com | [email protected]

AMS ALPHA Preferred Authorized Installation Facility in Southern California

- AMS | Akrapovic | iPE | HKS | COBB | Meisterschaft | Amuse | Aeromotions | WALD International | Zele | Password:JDM | Technocraft | C-West -
- Volk | Advan | ADV1 | HRE | BBS | Forgestar | Klassen | DPE | KW | JRZ | AP Racing | Alcon | Brembo | Endless | AutoTecknic -

#3 GodzillaOwner

GodzillaOwner

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

I'm in. Going to be weird probably having the slowest car there since my car is stock... I will prepare my ego for the forthcoming bruising :P
2010 Nissan GT-R Premium<br />-Switzer Built. Details Classified.<br />2013 Ford F-350 Super Duty Diesel 6.7L<br />2001 BMW M5 (Sold)<br />2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Diesel (Sold)

#4 davidm_sh

davidm_sh

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

Depending on when it is I am in. curious though do you have any idea on the price drop for each extra car that comes? Also when were you thinking roughly of doing it? Weekday I can make - weekend not so much. That and I am probably still 1-2 weeks away from the oil cooler install.

Man I have a lot of baggage and questions =) [heh].

#5 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Dealers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3602 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Depending on when it is I am in. curious though do you have any idea on the price drop for each extra car that comes? Also when were you thinking roughly of doing it? Weekday I can make - weekend not so much. That and I am probably still 1-2 weeks away from the oil cooler install.

Hi Dave,
I would think we would plan it on a weekday. It is probably a few months away. I know a few of the guys that are interested won't have their cars back from being built until September. I will give Glenn (the track manager) a call next week and see what type of a deal we can get based on car count and update this thread. It would be great to get out on track with you again. It has been too long since we have been on track together. Talk with you soon.

#6 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Dealers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3602 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

I'm in. Going to be weird probably having the slowest car there since my car is stock... I will prepare my ego for the forthcoming bruising :P

We won't be timing your laps :) I track quite a bit and always have more fun when I am on track with other GTR's as opposed to Porsche's. Although it is fun beating up on those bright colored GT3RS's :biggrin:

#7 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Dealers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3602 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

Dave,
We also need to get Steve to come out. He just ran with the ZCCC at HPR and turned a 2:04 if I remember correctly.

#8 CO-gtr

CO-gtr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2495 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

I would be interested for sure
2011 GT-R
E85
AMS Alpha 7
Volk RE30's

#9 Ricky Ricer

Ricky Ricer

R33 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

I'm interested depending on dates!
-Rick
2009 GT-R
Alpha 12
[email protected] 5,000FT DA
[email protected] 7,600FT DA

#10 Ricky Ricer

Ricky Ricer

R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

Oh, and Taša would probably be in on it as well.
-Rick
2009 GT-R
Alpha 12
[email protected] 5,000FT DA
[email protected] 7,600FT DA

#11 davidm_sh

davidm_sh

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hi Dave,
I would think we would plan it on a weekday. It is probably a few months away. I know a few of the guys that are interested won't have their cars back from being built until September. I will give Glenn (the track manager) a call next week and see what type of a deal we can get based on car count and update this thread. It would be great to get out on track with you again. It has been too long since we have been on track together. Talk with you soon.

Sounds perfect to me. Can't wait to get back out there with you guys again as well!

#12 davidm_sh

davidm_sh

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

Dave,
We also need to get Steve to come out. He just ran with the ZCCC at HPR and turned a 2:04 if I remember correctly.

Absolutely agree!

#13 skitzo

skitzo

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

I am in! Sign me up. I have been chomping at the bit to get the gitter on a track.

#14 FoolsGold

FoolsGold

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

Jason...I am interested in attending. But it would depend on dates. Between work and outside commitments, I have a lot planned this fall.

#15 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Dealers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3602 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

Jason...I am interested in attending. But it would depend on dates. Between work and outside commitments, I have a lot planned this fall.

Sounds good. I will add you as interested.

#16 xbrowne

xbrowne

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

I might be interested as well depending on timing, have a baby due Oct 12th so it will prob be a little difficult to go to the track at that point :)
2011 UGR 2R Superleggera
2009 Jack's Transmissions/AAM GT1600-R build
2015 DBP Black Edition (midpipe only)
2016 Audi S6 - Nogaro Blue

#17 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Dealers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3602 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

I might be interested as well depending on timing, have a baby due Oct 12th so it will prob be a little difficult to go to the track at that point :)

I'll add you for now. Early congrats on the baby :cheers:

#18 CROCK

CROCK

R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

I would also be interested!
Posted Image
2010 GTR
Alpha 9
Jack's Transmission engine and transmission build
Ecutek, Visconti tuned, 814hp 878tq

#19 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Dealers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3602 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

I would also be interested!

Added

#20 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Dealers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3602 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Hi guys,
I wanted to update the thread with some pricing info.

Copied from HPR website;

Exclusive Test and Tune
Base rate of $2,500 per day, covers the first four vehicles ($625 per vehicle). Additional
vehicles may participate for $300 per vehicle (for vehicle counts above 12 please call for special
pricing). This is "Exclusive" because the person(s) paying the initial $2,500 have sole discretion
regarding who else may participate. Once the track is reserved for an Exclusive Test and Tune
the renter(s) can choose to have other interested parties contact them to attend, or the renter’s
identity(s) can be kept private. Insurance costs are included in the track rental fee. Ambulance
service is NOT included in the track rental fee, but can be provided for an additional fee if the
renter desires. Testing ONLY - no organized racing allowed.

So the question is; Who is comfortable with the $625 for the day? And if your comfortable what dates would work best for everyone? Figure if we get 10 GTR's the net cost would be $430 a car.

I have not called the track manager yet in regards to additional discount. I would think he would work with us, but I can't imagine the discount will be that large and I didn't want to call and "grind" him until I have some firm commitments.

Edited by [email protected], 02 October 2012 - 09:29 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users