So, here's what I can document so far.
- I have a 2012 GT-R that I've filled up with BC Chevron 94 since brand new as there are no other 94 octane alternatives.
- I usually fill up at the stations in North Vancouver, but occasionally at other chevron stations throughout the lower mainland
- I've encountered low boost mode on several occasions in the past 4 months while the car was completely stock
- Nissan service techs have said that there is nothing they can do to help with the safe mode issues - the problem from their point of view is the gasoline
- I've recently tuned my vehicle on cobb 91 octane stage 1 and from datalogs it looks like the vehicle continues to go into safe mode
- Response from various tuners have been that BC Chevron 94 underperforms compared to west coast 91 octane fuel in the US
I know of a few other GT-R owners at this point that have had similar issues (Tman, Nitrouz, DMG Godzilla, Goush'zGTR, Freezeg35st/srt8, to name a few), but if you've encountered similar issues, please let me know. I really need to get as much info as you have on your own trials and tribulations with BC Chevron 94 octane
Edited by wankeldude, 12 September 2012 - 01:51 PM.