479 replies to this topic

#21 xbrowne

xbrowne

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

amazing how a company can be so short sighted.... and to change their warranty text online afterwards? this pictures alone will cost them way more than it would have cost to just pay for the wheels and damages to the car... not to mention they are lucky that no one was hurt, a good PI attorney would have destroyed them....

is this just limited to cor? I thought there were a few brands that shared the same manufacturing plant/process?

My StrasseForged wheels came from COR.

** More information, since I have been accused of misleading you all.

When my StrasseForged wheels arrived they were packaged in COR boxes and with a packing slip from COR Wheels. As for who actually built them, I have no idea. **

Edited by xbrowne, 22 October 2012 - 01:24 PM.

2011 UGR 2R Superleggera
2009 Jack's Transmissions/AAM GT1600-R build
2015 DBP Black Edition (midpipe only)
2016 Audi S6 - Nogaro Blue

#22 TodZilla

TodZilla

GoldMember

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1086 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

amazing how a company can be so short sighted.... and to change their warranty text online afterwards? this pictures alone will cost them way more than it would have cost to just pay for the wheels and damages to the car... not to mention they are lucky that no one was hurt, a good PI attorney would have destroyed them....

is this just limited to cor? I thought there were a few brands that shared the same manufacturing plant/process?

If this failure is inherent to their design the flood gates of failed wheels will be pouring in. If you pay for one set of failed wheels then you have to pay for them all. Then you get to the point where you have to make the decision to recall all wheels of the questionable design and that gets very expensive.
2011 Nissan GTR Gun Metallic
Switzer P800
Switzer Premium 90MM Stainless Steel Exhaust
Switzer Engine Cooling Package
Cobb AccessPort

H&R Springs
Custom Pine Tree Air Freshener from AutoZone

ADV 10 Deep Concave Wheels with Pirelli P Zero Nero Tires 355/25-21 / 285/30-21 Titek Lugnuts

Posted Image

#23 K-MAN

K-MAN

R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

I am in the market for new rims and I can tell you what I am not going to purchase!

#24 1flossedm3

1flossedm3

Boost Junky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4007 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

I wish I knew where all these Forged companies are getting their wheels from. Seems freaking everything is rebranded. This is why I was solely looking at HRE's for wheels.
Ryan
2010 Nissan GT-R Pearl White
Proline Built Motor / GT30 / Sheptrans ONE-K/ E85 / 1100HP

Posted Image

Instagram: @FlossyRy

#25 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4610 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

62 reading now...........news travels fast on the web.......
'09 GT-R titanium:
Follow My Build Here: http://www.gtrlife.c...__fromsearch__1

Innovative GT-R products at their finest

Posted Image

www.gotboostperformance.com
[email protected]
email and paypal

Posted Image

#26 SELVERGTR7

SELVERGTR7

NISMO Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9464 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

62 reading now...........news travels fast on the web.......

72 now lol

#27 dut

dut

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

From what I've heard there are only two companies that make the barrels for all these well-known brands?

Thankfully this isn't the case for the centers, which seems to be the weak point in all wheels I have seen break.

With that said, all wheels can break but it's all on how the company reacts.

Yes, even HRE has had wheel failures... but they heavily investigate the wheels (batch numbers) and of course replace the wheels as well.
FUUCCCC AAM

gtrlife_sig.jpg
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2015 Black Edition | Track Edition Front Lip | KW V3 Coilovers | Advan GT Wheels - Mag Blue | Asnu 1100cc Injectors | Asnu Fuel Pumps | GotBoost 3" Intakes With Repaired Broken Bracket | GotBoost FlexFuel Kit | Titek Downpipes | Custom resonated Mid Pipe | Custom Exhaust - Fuuuck AAM | Cobb AP 007 | E85 Flex Fuel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#28 Duskin

Duskin

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

71 users reading now, only 8 of those are members... Imagine what just one of these instances can do for the brand equity for a company, especially a company that is just building that. Cor is going to be in a very bad place if this continues to spread, which it will. Unless they do something and make a public statement about this.

Edited by Duskin, 22 October 2012 - 11:15 AM.

#29 acuteperformance

acuteperformance

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3967 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Nothing to do with damage control it's about hearing both sides of the story. Just because I sell their wheels doesn't mean I can't be unbias. If any company I sell screws their customers I will immediately drop them and stop selling their product.

A bit too late for damage control..... Good luck getting the same pricing for wheels in the future.

#30 FikseGTS

FikseGTS

R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1882 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

if their wheels fail, they should pay and they will, they just chose the hard and embarrassing way....

If this failure is inherent to their design the flood gates of failed wheels will be pouring in. If you pay for one set of failed wheels then you have to pay for them all. Then you get to the point where you have to make the decision to recall all wheels of the questionable design and that gets very expensive.

2018 Ford GT

2018 McLaren 720S - 9.9 @ 144 MPH

2016 Lamborghini Huracan - 10.4 @ 132 MPH

2005 Ford GT - 10.6 @ 132 MPH

2016 Tesla Model S P100D - 10.7 @ 122 MPH

#31 0-60Motorsports

0-60Motorsports

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Wow! Glad your ok though, it coulda been much worse.

#32 acuteperformance

acuteperformance

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3967 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hi Tay,

First, I'd like to say your experience sucks and I can definitely empathize with you. I want to ask though, are you sure the wheels weren't dis-assembled? I'm not saying you're lying, but I'm saying maybe the company you worked with wasn't 100% honest with you.

Take a look at the picture:
Posted Image

From the reflection in the lips, the paint looks awfully perfect in the crevices. In my experience, this is impossible without taking apart the wheels. Can you provide pictures from different angles? Maybe this one is just deceiving.

Again, I want to be clear that I am not saying you're lying but maybe your shop wasn't completely honest with you. And if they were dishonest about this, who knows what else?

Michael

They were not powder coated, nor were they disassembled. They were professionally prepared and painted by a well known shop that does wheel repair work and prepares race cars.

#33 TodZilla

TodZilla

GoldMember

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1086 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

if their wheels fail, they should pay and they will, they just chose the hard and embarrassing way....

assuming the financial resources are in place to do so.
Switzer P800
Cobb AccessPort

H&R Springs

ADV 10 Deep Concave Wheels with Pirelli P Zero Nero Tires 355/25-21 / 285/30-21 Titek Lugnuts

Posted Image

#34 TodZilla

TodZilla

GoldMember

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1086 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

This thread is getting a lot of attention from outside of the member community. Lets try to keep this profesional and avoid any slanderous/libelous comments.

This will also prevent the mods from locking this thread.

There is always 2 sides to every story. This wheel may have potentially been exposed to something we are not being told about such as a collision.
Switzer P800
Cobb AccessPort

H&R Springs

Posted Image

#35 acuteperformance

acuteperformance

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3967 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

Yes I have other questions like were the wheels stripped before painting? If yes, how were they stripped, what chemicals were used?

This thread is getting a lot of attention from outside of the member community. Lets try to keep this profesional and avoid any slanderous/libelous comments.

This will also prevent the mods from locking this thread.

There is always 2 sides to every story. This wheel may have potentially been exposed to something we are not being told about such as a collision.

#36 ACGAutomotive

ACGAutomotive

R34 Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1316 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

It is unfortunate situation. The wheel have failed and there is no other way to look at it. As a dealer we have dealt with this situation promptly and proactively. It is however up to our client to determine our customer service quality.

Posted Image
San Diego's GT-R Aftermarket and Service Center
7884 Ronson Road | San Diego, CA 92111 | 877-422-4736 x 104 | www.acgautomotive.com | [email protected]

AMS ALPHA Preferred Authorized Installation Facility in Southern California

- AMS | Akrapovic | iPE | HKS | COBB | | Meisterschaft | Amuse | Aeromotions | WALD International | Zele | Password:JDM | Technocraft | C-West -
- ADV1 | HRE | BBS | Forgestar | Klassen | DPE | KW | JRZ | Volk | Advan | AP Racing | Alcon | Brembo | Endless | AutoTecknic -

#37 dut

dut

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

LOL @ user 'Snake43' bumping the COR Wheel threads.
FUUCCCC AAM

gtrlife_sig.jpg
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2015 Black Edition | Track Edition Front Lip | KW V3 Coilovers | Advan GT Wheels - Mag Blue | Asnu 1100cc Injectors | Asnu Fuel Pumps | GotBoost 3" Intakes With Repaired Broken Bracket | GotBoost FlexFuel Kit | Titek Downpipes | Custom resonated Mid Pipe | Custom Exhaust - Fuuuck AAM | Cobb AP 007 | E85 Flex Fuel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#38 James

James

Alpha 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3763 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hi Tay,

First, I'd like to say your experience sucks and I can definitely empathize with you. I want to ask though, are you sure the wheels weren't dis-assembled? I'm not saying you're lying, but I'm saying maybe the company you worked with wasn't 100% honest with you.

Take a look at the picture:
Posted Image

From the reflection in the lips, the paint looks awfully perfect in the crevices. In my experience, this is impossible without taking apart the wheels. Can you provide pictures from different angles? Maybe this one is just deceiving.

Again, I want to be clear that I am not saying you're lying but maybe your shop wasn't completely honest with you. And if they were dishonest about this, who knows what else?

Michael

Just curious Mike since you are a wheel expert is it impossible for it to be done like that without disassembling the wheel?! As the OP states "They were not powder coated, nor were they disassembled. They were professionally prepared and painted by a well known shop that does wheel repair work and prepares race cars."

I mean if the shop did disassemble it that would mean more work for the shop, but he would have only paid for the paint on the face of the wheels, and most places don't like to do extra work if they are not being paid for their services.

212 Users Reading...
2011 Pearl White GT-R - ALPHA 10
GT-R Life Forum/Moderator Moderator & Facebook/Instagram Admin
http://www.facebook.com/gtrlife https://www.instagram.com/thegtrlife https://www.twitter.com/gtrlife
Follow Me - @Jchou38 - @TheGTRLife - #GTRLife #NAGTROC
Question? Contact Me - [email protected]

#39 acuteperformance

acuteperformance

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3967 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

I don't know and don't want to assume anything but logically to me, see how narrow those crevices are? Seems hard to paint something like that without taking it apart.

#40 LuckyEff

LuckyEff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4747 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

LOL @ user 'Snake43' bumping the COR Wheel threads.

Hahah for some reason i find it funny. Shit wheels nonetheless.

There is a reason why HRE, BBS wheels are expensive.
Toyota Prado <br />
Mercedes S 400
HYBRID<br />
<br />

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users