479 replies to this topic

#41 scottryana

scottryana

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1509 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

Yep, this current crop of "look good" $10k wheels are nothing but street wheels. Advans, Volks or HRE's for me.

#42 Tay

Tay

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hi Tay,

First, I'd like to say your experience sucks and I can definitely empathize with you. I want to ask though, are you sure the wheels weren't dis-assembled? I'm not saying you're lying, but I'm saying maybe the company you worked with wasn't 100% honest with you.

Take a look at the picture:
Posted Image

From the reflection in the lips, the paint looks awfully perfect in the crevices. In my experience, this is impossible without taking apart the wheels. Can you provide pictures from different angles? Maybe this one is just deceiving.

Again, I want to be clear that I am not saying you're lying but maybe your shop wasn't completely honest with you. And if they were dishonest about this, who knows what else?

Michael

The wheels are still in Cor's possession. If they are truthful, I am sure they would be able to tell you if the wheels were disassembled or not. I can assure you there were not.

Posted Image

#43 acuteperformance

acuteperformance

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3967 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Seems a little too perfect especially in the crevices for them not to be taken apart. They don't use paintbrushes to paint wheels...

The wheels are still in Cor's possession. If they are truthful, I am sure they would be able to tell you if the wheels were disassembled or not. I can assure you there were not.

Posted Image

Edited by acuteperformance, 22 October 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#44 FikseGTS

FikseGTS

R34 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1882 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

do they have a separate line for competition wheels?

from their facebook page...

COR International was founded by team of veteran wheel enthusiasts with A commitment to produce the very finest street and competition wheels. COR wheels are designed and engineered by a seasoned team of wheel experts which boast over 40 years Of combined experience among them.

Edited by FikseGTS, 22 October 2012 - 12:48 PM.

2018 Ford GT

2018 McLaren 720S - 9.9 @ 144 MPH

2016 Lamborghini Huracan - 10.4 @ 132 MPH

2005 Ford GT - 10.6 @ 132 MPH

2016 Tesla Model S P100D - 10.7 @ 122 MPH

#45 corwheels

corwheels

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

To all our valued members, we would certainly like to address this matter in greater detail, as all stories have 2 sides and a greater portion of the story was left out. Unfortunately, since this is a pending legal matter, our counsel has asked that we not discuss this matter with anyone, much less in a public forum. We hope you understand and can respect this. Suffice it to say, this disgruntled client has elected to try and tarnish our image that has been built over many years of providing a high quality product and outstanding service.

We would be more than happy to entertain any questions concerning our product, fitments, and warranty however we would ask that it be done via PM, as anything directly related to this posting is not something we can/should address at this moment in time.

#46 ATL_GT-R

ATL_GT-R

<"))))><

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3706 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

To all our valued members, we would certainly like to address this matter in greater detail, as all stories have 2 sides and a greater portion of the story was left out. Unfortunately, since this is a pending legal matter, our counsel has asked that we not discuss this matter with anyone, much less in a public forum. We hope you understand and can respect this. Suffice it to say, this disgruntled client has elected to try and tarnish our image that has been built over many years of providing a high quality product and outstanding service.

We would be more than happy to entertain any questions concerning our product, fitments, and warranty however we would ask that it be done via PM, as anything directly related to this posting is not something we can/should address at this moment in time.

Super weak.

'10 Alpha12 l TSM
'13 Midnight Opal

-------------------------

#47 El Chorizo

El Chorizo

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

I can understand your reasoning for wanting to keep this private. But its too late. Its out. Its on the net. Your lawyer should be able to tell you what you can and can't post. If you refuse to post anything, people are going to speculate and it will harm your business... I'm not saying thats right, I'm just saying thats what will happen.

Posting your side of the story, especially something that you would be swearing to under oath anyway, shouldn't hurt your case at all.
2013 Nissan GT-R Premium (White/Black) [email protected] - Current Mods: BL Intake Kit, BL FMIC, BL Midpipe and Downpipe, 1000cc Injectors, Tune and pump gas.
2009 Cayenne Turbo (Black/Black)
Mercedes CLA on order soon!

#48 acuteperformance

acuteperformance

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3967 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

Find it strange that everyone just ignores the fact that the wheels were obviously taken apart. Something is fishy.

#49 EvolutionVI

EvolutionVI

2012 GTR Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1263 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Find it strange that everyone just ignores the fact that the wheels were obviously taken apart. Something is fishy.

As where the wheel broke i dont think its important if they where disassembled or not,they broke in a area which is not touched...,if the screws on the outside would have broken then ok,but this has nothing to do with disassembling....

<br /><br />2012 GTR on HRE´s,handling improved by KW & Whitelineparts, braking improved with Importracing optimized Alcon Superkit, engine tuned with the latest Ecutek software.....output 700PS+/900NM+

#50 EvolutionVI

EvolutionVI

2012 GTR Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1263 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

You have made it worse with the website changes after the problem happend and this post doesnt make it any better....,stand behind your product and not search for excuses....
<br /><br />2012 GTR on HRE´s,handling improved by KW & Whitelineparts, braking improved with Importracing optimized Alcon Superkit, engine tuned with the latest Ecutek software.....output 700PS+/900NM+

#51 acuteperformance

acuteperformance

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3967 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

How do you know the company he used isn't hiding anything else? How do you know the chemicals they used to strip the paint didn't damage the aluminum? So many unanswered questions but so easy to point the finger towards Cor. All I'm saying is that the OP has caused irreversible damage to Cor without conclusive evidence. Cor has offered to completely give him a new set of wheels or give him a full refund.

Also, no wheel company ADV1, HRE, DPE, etc., will warranty a wheel once they have been disassembled because you have no idea what they did with the wheel.

As where the wheel broke i dont think its important if they where disassembled or not,they broke in a area which is not touched...,if the screws on the outside would have broken then ok,but this has nothing to do with disassembling....

#52 LTHL VNM

LTHL VNM

GT1R Flame Thrower Edition

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2177 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

As previously mentioned, the failure happened in the center, not the edge where IF they were disassembled, could be understandable. I love the core encor but with a public situation like this, it makes me leery to replace my current set for them.
I'm anxious to see how this is resolved

T1 Race Development GT1R

#53 PANG

PANG

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

How do you know the company he used isn't hiding anything else? How do you know the chemicals they used to strip the paint didn't damage the aluminum? So many unanswered questions but so easy to point the finger towards Cor. All I'm saying is that the OP has caused irreversible damage to Cor without conclusive evidence. Cor has offered to completely give him a new set of wheels or give him a full refund.

Also, no wheel company ADV1, HRE, DPE, etc., will warranty a wheel once they have been disassembled because you have no idea what they did with the wheel.

I don't believe there is any chemical out there used to strip paint, will change the characteristic of the aluminum (weaken). According to the first post, had they not denied his warranty claim this thread probably would have never existed? Hopefully you guys can get this resolved quickly.

Edited by PANG, 22 October 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#54 EvolutionVI

EvolutionVI

2012 GTR Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1263 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

To me it seems Cor is hiding something.....,changes on their website after the wheel broke....

#55 acuteperformance

acuteperformance

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3967 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Cor didn't deny anything they offered a full refund but the customer said no. I think there is something fishy on all sides.

Edited by acuteperformance, 22 October 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#56 PANG

PANG

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Cor didn't deny anything they offered a full refund but the customer said no. I think there is something fishy on all sides.

From 1st post....

Mr. M****s,

We have received the wheels returned for warranty consideration. I have personally inspected the wheels and they conform to their design specification. The wheels were in fact repainted as your letter states and I am concerned about possible effects of the 3rd party paint process may have had on the wheels. Some processes have been known to adversely affect the aluminum material, which could lead to a failure of this kind. As mentioned, I will be having a sample of the failed wheel tested. In the meantime, I have had a chance to familiarize myself with the details surrounding this incident and I would like to point out that our products are designed for street use. The loads and the duration of the loads presented in a track environment are far greater than those experienced in day to day driving. I am sympathetic to your client’s unfortunate experience but I feel it is unreasonable to expect our company to be held solely responsible for the damages when the product was clearly not being used in the manner for which it was intended. As your letter states and the photographs provided clearly indicate, the vehicle was at a race track and the client was at an “instructional driving event”, not simply a car show. On this basis, we would have to deny the claim for warranty consideration.

If you would like to further discuss this matter, I would be more than happy to make myself available for a telephone conversation next week.

Kind regards,
Robert Herrera

Edited by PANG, 22 October 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#57 TodZilla

TodZilla

GoldMember

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1086 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

If Cor is alleging that the wheels were taken apart and re-assembled and that act resulted in a catastphic wheel failure then please explain to us how you could improperly re-assemble a wheel to cause this type of failure.

What kind of paint stripper WOULD cause a metallurgical change causing damage resulting in a failure as we have here? This is not a rhetorical question. I'm not a metallurist and I'm simply asking.

How can the OP have caused "irreversible damage" to COR when all he has done is cite facts and support it with photographic evidence? We are assuming that the OP has cited these facts as truth and if the OP has been untruthful with the fact then COR needs to chime in and call him out.

@ OP - Has this wheel ever been involved in a collision or curbing of any type or been subjected to any use or incident outside of what is completely normal?

Edited by TodZilla, 22 October 2012 - 01:47 PM.

2011 Nissan GTR Gun Metallic
Switzer P800
Switzer Premium 90MM Stainless Steel Exhaust
Switzer Engine Cooling Package
Cobb AccessPort

H&R Springs
Custom Pine Tree Air Freshener from AutoZone

ADV 10 Deep Concave Wheels with Pirelli P Zero Nero Tires 355/25-21 / 285/30-21 Titek Lugnuts

Posted Image

#58 acuteperformance

acuteperformance

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3967 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

I don't think I can answer any of those questions. I just think there are too many open questions to drag a company in the dirt. Know what I mean?

#59 Josh

Josh

R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

I think it would behoove you as a representative of your business to stay out of this beyond what you have said already until there is some sort of resolution between Cor and the owner of the wheels. As a third party, some of your comments thus far have been quite questionable.

2009 GT-R

gtrsig.jpg

#60 Tay

Tay

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

acuteperformance, where did you get this idea that Cor has offered to give us a new set of wheels or a full refund? Cor has done no such thing. Please re-read the first post, in the email from Cor, they are clearly denying warranty. Why would they offer a new set of wheels or full refund if they are denying warranty?

In addtition, we never wanted it to get to this point, but Cor has been very unresponsive. Why do you think we waited over 5 months to post this. We have giving them enough time to do the right thing and they have done nothing for us.

Edited by Tay, 25 October 2012 - 06:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users