• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:03 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The car tested had the cold weather pkg!

High-res scans: Attached File  Car_Driver_GTRx.pdf   951.63KB   4766 downloads

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:15 AM

Is everyone happy now? Sorry it took so long, but I believe it was worth the wait!!!!!

#3 rabenoja

rabenoja

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1587 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:31 AM

Is everyone happy now? Sorry it took so long, but I believe it was worth the wait!!!!!

:yourock: Thanks for the scan!

They used the launch control 15 times!!! Wow...just wow.

#4 clokwork

clokwork

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:43 AM

sweeeeeeeeeet
Dark Metal Gray/Gun Metal | Black Interior | Premium Package | Ipod Connector | Floor Mats |

#5 ShahulX

ShahulX

Who Dat !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7797 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:48 AM

wow, great read .... They mentioned the weight quite a bit

Current car : 2011 Boxster Spyder- (6MT, cf sport buckets, sport chrono, pagid yellows, gt3 brake ducts, fabspeed race) Audi B6 S4 cab (sprint blue), 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited

Former cars: 2009 NISSAN GTR PREMIUM ( Delivered !! 8/05/08 Ivory Pearl with Black leather )
2010 Evolution X, MK6 VW Gti, Subaru Outback and Forester XT 5mt, evolution 8 gsr, 94 supra, tsx 6mt, 2 preludes, rsx type S, 99 & 01 miatas, ridgeline, passport, integra, 06 accord, 07 crv, 00 eclipse gt

[/b]
[/color]

#6 mcduck

mcduck

NISMO Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7876 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:52 AM

yep... excellent article. though, the naysayers are going to be quick to point out "engineering test mule" :yourock:
The GT-R’s only two modes are viciously fast and off. “Off” as in engine dead, doors locked, driver elsewhere. - Bloomberg Review, Feb 8, 2012
This thing is a four-wheeled Ducati with a decent windscreen. - Dan Neil, WSJ - May 20, 2013
"... as you select the more aggressive dynamic modes you enter a world where you need to be absolutely on your mettle, not least because you're covering ground with the pace of a low-level fighter jet." - EVO, June 2014

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:52 AM

Well that just goes to show u that the engine must be far under reated as mentioned in the article... I really dont care bout the weight now, but when/if the spec V comes hope the car goes on a serious diet.
Still cant wait to get the car and add exhaust/cpu, and a little more boost, can u say rocket?????
I don't think Nissan would be stupid enough and not have the production car slower than the tester. Remember this is HUGE for Nissan, also the GT-R tested had 3500 miles on it. They say cars get a little quicker as they break in.... i am more than happy with this test
Also when u consider the other test in Road and Track, how can they have a production vehicle. I did not believe they made any yet? Sure they have a US Spec, but no mass production cars are available.

KING IT IS GOOD TO SEE U BACK ON A THREAD I CREATED.... HOPE IT MEETS THE STANDARDS OF ROYALTY

Edited by tames, 23 March 2008 - 12:00 PM.

#8 the King

the King

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6078 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:03 PM

It is Car and Driver's test mule not Nissan's. All this does is the validate the fact that the GT-R has exceeded expectations of even the most rabid fan. The weight is mentioned but in the context that it is impossible for a car with this amount of lard to dance the way it does. But it does.
I love the fact that the mitsubishi 3000GT was mentioned. That was a car ahead of its time. It failed becuase Mitsubishi wasnt sure how to market it and people didnt know what to make of it. Had it been a Honda, it is highly likely it would have been more successsful than even the NSX.
Tommi Makinen Edition aka Evolution 6.5: full GSR trim, Coilovers.

#9 masssrt

masssrt

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:04 PM

Dam!! 11.5 at 124?? wow that trap speed keeps goin up
1990 R32 GTR
2012 Jeep SRT8
2014 EVOX MR
2015 Mustang Ecoboost - SOLD
2012 GT500 - SOLD
2014 Mustang GT Premium - SOLD

#10 240ka

240ka

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

this car is so amazing looking in movement.

Edited by 240ka, 23 March 2008 - 12:20 PM.

Jeremy of TOP GEAR on the GT-R
"..I dare say that if Michael Schumacher were to find himself in the eye of an Arctic blizzard, escaping from an exploding volcano, he might discover 10% of this car's abilities. But you? Me? Here? Forget it. Nissan, then, has done something odd. It has built a car for a time and a place and a species that simply don't exist."

#11 Neoseven

Neoseven

SpecV Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:12 PM

yep... excellent article. though, the naysayers are going to be quick to point out "engineering test mule" :yourock:

Yeah, I was disappointed they used that wording, especially when the only thing test mule about it was this was one of the cars Nissan North America was testing suspension settings on for US roads. You notice what they state about the car in comfort mode on rough road now. This should make all those that were so worried about a rough ride happy.

Let the naysayers cry out all they want, who really cares. Can you really blame them. If you had invested $120,000 into a Porsche 911 turbo and a $70,000 car from Nissan took your game away, how would you feel? :yourock:

Great article.

#12 REK125

REK125

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2172 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:17 PM

Better than advertised. Now we can delete the GTR vs Z06 vs Porsche thread. It is now irrevelant. GODZILLA RULES1111

#13 the King

the King

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6078 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:20 PM

Well that just goes to show u that the engine must be far under reated as mentioned in the article... I really dont care bout the weight now, but when/if the spec V comes hope the car goes on a serious diet.
Still cant wait to get the car and add exhaust/cpu, and a little more boost, can u say rocket?????
I don't think Nissan would be stupid enough and not have the production car slower than the tester. Remember this is HUGE for Nissan, also the GT-R tested had 3500 miles on it. They say cars get a little quicker as they break in.... i am more than happy with this test
Also when u consider the other test in Road and Track, how can they have a production vehicle. I did not believe they made any yet? Sure they have a US Spec, but no mass production cars are available.

KING IT IS GOOD TO SEE U BACK ON A THREAD I CREATED.... HOPE IT MEETS THE STANDARDS OF ROYALTY

Great to be here mate and yes it does meet the standard and exceeded them!!! :yourock:
Not only because of your scans but I think I may have been a tad bit on the short fuse. I misread your intentions on that thread and only thought it was one more person trying to start the Z06 vs GT-R war.
I did revisit the thread and found a vibrant discussion going on. I can accept when I put my foot in my mouth(in this case my fingers lol) I am not afraid to say I was wrong and apologize. No worries mate.

Now I agree with your assessment about the GT-R and the car tested with miles on it. It validates the point a number of us tried to make on a thread regarding break in period. Yes there are production vehicles but this is the US Car and a new market--new expectations.
I guess Nissan felt it prudent to allow the car to be tested by independent sources(people will se that the car is for real).
A great marketing strategy!!
You will note that C&D plan on doing comparison tests and dynos just to validate the numbers. This car I guess will be in Car and Driver's garage for a while.
Can you remember any car been put through the wringer like this?
15 launches!!
Tommi Makinen Edition aka Evolution 6.5: full GSR trim, Coilovers.

#14 Neoseven

Neoseven

SpecV Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:20 PM

I think the biggest thing that bothers me about the changes for the US spec car, other than the softer suspension, is the seats for fat asses. I'm 6'2" 170lbs. I think I might be swimming in these new barco lounges they put in our cars. I may as well order up some Recaro's now. I bet I can find an interested buyer for some R35 GT-R seats.

#15 NissanGTR

NissanGTR

R34 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1011 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

So 17/21 on the fuel mileage, is that enough to avoid the gas guzzler tax?
2013 GT-<span style='color: #ff0000'>R </span><span style='color: #0000cd'>Aurora Flare Blue Pearl</span>(Sold)2014 370Z <span style='color: #0000ff'>Midnight Blue</span>(Sold)2009 GT-<span style='color: #ff0000'>R</span> <span style='color: #daa520'>Titanium </span>(Sold)

#16 Neoseven

Neoseven

SpecV Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:32 PM

Thanks for the scans. :yourock:

How can I convert pdf files to jpeg? Would like to also load these into the gallery.

If your on a Macintosh using OS 10, open it in preview and save it as a jpeg.

#17 DbestiZ1

DbestiZ1

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:33 PM

I like the article but it did seem a bit blunted, I was hoping they would have gone a few more pages in on their opinions.

#18 Neoseven

Neoseven

SpecV Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

jpegs here
http://s149.photobuc...s/s77/neoseven/

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:40 PM

The car tested had the cold weather pkg!

They actually got it wrong. It didn't have the cold weather package -- note the gunmetal wheels in all the photos, and if you look in the actual tire specs, the tires are the Dunlops that come standard with the base model -- Dunlop high performance Y rated tires (the Dunlop all-seasons are W rated). What they actually tested (also based on price) was a base model with i-Pod option. The base is just a wee bit lighter than the premium.

#20 Chinaski

Chinaski

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:43 PM

One benefit to Car & Driver is they are the only mag that actually does weight testing: 3908 lbs curb weight is a heavy bitch, about 100 more than Nissan claimed. Shocking that apparently to the probably near dozen english speaking reviewers so far no one says it feels that heavy. That's a pretty amazing bit of engineering. Still wish she lost about 400 lbs though.

Edited by Chinaski, 23 March 2008 - 12:44 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users