81 replies to this topic

#1 clokwork

clokwork

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:26 AM

That front crumple zone is amazingly efficient!! Sad to see another bite the dust though!
Dark Metal Gray/Gun Metal | Black Interior | Premium Package | Ipod Connector | Floor Mats |

#2 ShahulX

ShahulX

Who Dat !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7797 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:55 AM

wow, Asian people can't drive ... LOL

I had a Asian lady wreck a Honda fit into the front of my building... I so wanted to say " you broke it, you bought it" LOL ....

Anyhow... Both black too.... Hmmmm

Current car : 2011 Boxster Spyder- (6MT, cf sport buckets, sport chrono, pagid yellows, gt3 brake ducts, fabspeed race) Audi B6 S4 cab (sprint blue), 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited

Former cars: 2009 NISSAN GTR PREMIUM ( Delivered !! 8/05/08 Ivory Pearl with Black leather )
2010 Evolution X, MK6 VW Gti, Subaru Outback and Forester XT 5mt, evolution 8 gsr, 94 supra, tsx 6mt, 2 preludes, rsx type S, 99 & 01 miatas, ridgeline, passport, integra, 06 accord, 07 crv, 00 eclipse gt

[/b]
[/color]

#3 Davin

Davin

SpecV Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:55 AM

any word on what happened?

#4 gtrjack

gtrjack

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:06 AM

Isn't that the same car that crashed in Hong Kong????
NISSAN: "We don't defy physics with the GT-R, we apply it properly."

#5 Neoseven

Neoseven

SpecV Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:53 AM

I would love to find out the speed of these accidents. How delicate is the GT-R? Both of these make the car appear totaled.

#6 mrmajik2

mrmajik2

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:10 PM

The thing is that new cars are designed for the front end to absorb most of the impact. Cars are made to fold up. The most important part is that the cabin in intact. You know this car was designed with safety in mind. It will score a high head on crash test rating judging by these pictures.

#7 ShahulX

ShahulX

Who Dat !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7797 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:19 PM

yea, both those cars are totaled... wonder if the wheels and things will be available for sale as spare parts?

Current car : 2011 Boxster Spyder- (6MT, cf sport buckets, sport chrono, pagid yellows, gt3 brake ducts, fabspeed race) Audi B6 S4 cab (sprint blue), 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited

Former cars: 2009 NISSAN GTR PREMIUM ( Delivered !! 8/05/08 Ivory Pearl with Black leather )
2010 Evolution X, MK6 VW Gti, Subaru Outback and Forester XT 5mt, evolution 8 gsr, 94 supra, tsx 6mt, 2 preludes, rsx type S, 99 & 01 miatas, ridgeline, passport, integra, 06 accord, 07 crv, 00 eclipse gt

[/b]
[/color]

#8 Lionus

Lionus

Original BNR32 'Zilla.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:21 PM

notice how the GT-R badge from the side vent is gone already.. :nana: they'll probably reappear on some Proton.. :biggrin:
Posted Image

#9 ShahulX

ShahulX

Who Dat !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7797 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:32 PM

lol.... yea, thats sad, i'll be pissed if my car gets its badges stolen

[/b]
[/color]

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:35 PM

With the weight, I think people just have no idea that the GTR can go very fast in a short amount of time.

#11 ShahulX

ShahulX

Who Dat !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7797 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:39 PM

that" car and driver" article said its speed is "deceptive" and you dont know its going that fast

[/b]
[/color]

#12 GTRV35

GTRV35

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:39 PM

I've personally never understood the fetish of car crashes....I find them offensive to even look at. hope the poor bloke is okay
Posted Image

GT-R, Blurring the the lines between performance and affordablity

#13 suka jones

suka jones

R34 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1254 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:45 PM

it would at least be nice to recycle that "black ed" interior, over here

if there was a car to put it in, that is...
2013 Pearl Blue Black Ed

#14 Sonzilla

Sonzilla

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:00 PM

Word is the owner was on his way to Sepang. I bet he was headed to the F1 race and got way to excited showing off. :biggrin:
For Sale:
www.MYR35.org
www.MYR35.net

#15 nist7

nist7

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

wow, Asian people can't drive ... LOL

I had a Asian lady wreck a Honda fit into the front of my building... I so wanted to say " you broke it, you bought it" LOL ....

Anyhow... Both black too.... Hmmmm

Asian women do have a stereotype in America that they are below average drivers. And it may have some truth in it. My mom is asian and she is not a good driver.

However, it would be idiotic to make the generalization that "Asian people can't drive" based on this one wreck. We do not know if an Asian was driving the car when it was wrecked and we do not know if it was the driver's fault.

I'm guessing you were being sarcastic......heh

R33 Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:30 PM

Those new pedestrian safegaurds seem to be doing there job in popping up the hood Posted Image

#17 the King

the King

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6078 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:40 PM

As with all super cars: Handle respectfully or it will bite.
These should be lessons to those who feel that the GT-R has so much control, it is still in the hands of the driver to determine where the car goes.
None of this point and mash the pedal shit....
Tommi Makinen Edition aka Evolution 6.5: full GSR trim, Coilovers.

R33 Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:43 PM

As with all super cars: Handle respectfully or it will bite.
These should be lessons to those who feel that the GT-R has so much control, it is still in the hands of the driver to determine where the car goes.
None of this point and mash the pedal shit....

To quote "gtrjack"s signature...

NISSAN: "We don't defy physics with the GT-R, we apply it properly."

Well apperently this guy didn't :nana:

#19 yacoub

yacoub

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:14 PM

Asian women do have a stereotype in America that they are below average drivers. And it may have some truth in it. My mom is asian and she is not a good driver.

:nana:

#20 [email protected]

[email protected]

R35 Member

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2318 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:50 PM

So this happened in Malaysia but the guy was Singaporean if I understand the Malaysian forums rightly. They speak funny english those Malaysians...

If this guy is Singaporean then is this the car that was at the Sing GTR meet the other day? Apparently the plate number on the crashed GT-R is "66"

Posted Image
Posted Image
GTRBlog.com - Your Source for R35 GT-R News

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users