20 replies to this topic

#1 240ka

240ka

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:34 PM

does anyone know is this GT-R is stock. if so. DAMN !!!

Edited by 240ka, 07 September 2008 - 01:35 PM.

Jeremy of TOP GEAR on the GT-R
"..I dare say that if Michael Schumacher were to find himself in the eye of an Arctic blizzard, escaping from an exploding volcano, he might discover 10% of this car's abilities. But you? Me? Here? Forget it. Nissan, then, has done something odd. It has built a car for a time and a place and a species that simply don't exist."

#2 the King

the King

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6078 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:41 PM

that is really Damnn!!!!!! If it loses a few pounds then the 10s arent far behind.
like the numbers but I wont be dragging this car ever...
Tommi Makinen Edition aka Evolution 6.5: full GSR trim, Coilovers.

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:05 PM

does anyone know is this GT-R is stock. if so. DAMN !!!

not stock

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:08 PM

ring ring ringer! :)

#5 Arch5

Arch5

NAGTROC design team

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2827 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:10 PM

I believe it has the AccessPort installed. Not sure what stage.

Edited by Arch5, 07 September 2008 - 02:15 PM.

#6 driftwithme

driftwithme

Bbq Anyone?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:50 PM

Dosnt look like he used launch control. its hard to tell but it looked like he could have launched better. 11.4 not too bad pretty soon that will be the norm here!
09 gcc spec gtr fully built jun longblock,Sp Modified greddy td06 + intercooler
fully built tranny from sheptrans, gtc 102mm exhaust, AMS carbon seats and fuel system
1070whp dynojet

#7 Arsinek

Arsinek

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2127 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:55 PM

what does the announcer say? lol

i cant tell the first part. then he says "gtr really pulls on the top end" which is funny to hear.

#8 mcduck

mcduck

NISMO Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7876 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:58 AM

what does the announcer say? lol

i cant tell the first part. then he says "gtr really pulls on the top end" which is funny to hear.

The first part the announcer say something about the Mustang getting a great hole shot... which is even funnier cause all I can think is the guy in the mustang jumping off the line and, during that 1 second he has the lead, feeling on top of the world cause he's "smoking a new GT-R".... and then Godzilla just blows by him like he's standing still. LOL

Yeah, that time should be even faster... no reason a Mustang that appears lightly modified at best should get a jump off the line on an AWD 500hp car. It looks like the GT-R guy doesn't even hit the gas until the lights go green. My guess is the GT-R has a Cobb AP and did not use LC based on the video evidence... which makes me wonder how much more time would be shaved if LC was used!
:)
The GT-R’s only two modes are viciously fast and off. “Off” as in engine dead, doors locked, driver elsewhere. - Bloomberg Review, Feb 8, 2012
This thing is a four-wheeled Ducati with a decent windscreen. - Dan Neil, WSJ - May 20, 2013
"... as you select the more aggressive dynamic modes you enter a world where you need to be absolutely on your mettle, not least because you're covering ground with the pace of a low-level fighter jet." - EVO, June 2014

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:44 AM

Nice vid.

Yeah it does not look like he used LC.

I would not use LC either. According to who you speak to, the transmission is only good for 100 to 200 launches.

I used the COBB AP (93 OCT Stage 1) on my otherwise stock GTR. It was significantly faster.

However, I experienced two loss of boost incidents at 4000 RPM and one boost loss at 130 MPH.

#10 PHoliday

PHoliday

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:04 AM

However, I experienced two loss of boost incidents at 4000 RPM and one boost loss at 130 MPH.

Please tell me you were on a track?

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:45 PM

The two times I lost boost at 4000 RPM, I was in first gear. The last time it happened, it lit up my dash with red warning lights and I pulled over to restart my car.

The 130 MPH incident was accidental. It was past 12 AM. No other cars around... and I was getting on the freeway. Once on the freeway I pressed down on the gas and in less than 10 seconds, I was at 130.

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:51 PM

You guys need to quit using luanch control as an excuse every time a GTR runs. Just look at the trapspeed 122.8 mph, that's still slower than the pre production GTR's the mags were testing.

#13 kungura

kungura

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:03 PM

The two times I lost boost at 4000 RPM, I was in first gear. The last time it happened, it lit up my dash with red warning lights and I pulled over to restart my car.

The 130 MPH incident was accidental. It was past 12 AM. No other cars around... and I was getting on the freeway. Once on the freeway I pressed down on the gas and in less than 10 seconds, I was at 130.

YOU NEED TO BRING THIS TO COBB's ATTENTION!!

it's so complex tuning and uprating the power on any car, let alone a brand new twin turbo engine. timing could have been off, over boost, anything... so let cobb know, and see what they have to say.

LA GRANDE TOMATE : Recoil and Reciprocation Club

Inquire for details!

#14 Arch5

Arch5

NAGTROC design team

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2827 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:33 PM

You guys need to quit using luanch control as an excuse every time a GTR runs. Just look at the trapspeed 122.8 mph, that's still slower than the pre production GTR's the mags were testing.

It's obvious launch control wasn't used, yet he still ran an 11.4. What is your point about "that's still slower than the pre production GTR's the mags were testing?"

#15 timechaser

timechaser

Unpaid Help/NAGTROC Addict

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1501 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:17 PM

It's obvious launch control wasn't used, yet he still ran an 11.4. What is your point about "that's still slower than the pre production GTR's the mags were testing?"

Troll Alert...

Chuck/Josh - can we have a smily for this?

Moderator, Singapore GTR OC Forum and Mailing List. If you want to join, send me a PM with your email.
www.sggtroc.com

GTC Tuned

#16 BPAuto

BPAuto

R34 Member

• Premier International Vendor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:24 PM

This is one of our Cobb customers. He is using the Cobb AP Stage 1 with 93 Octane. Stock everything else. I've told him about this thread so I'm sure he will be on shortly if anyone has questions for him.

-Mike Bratcher

GT-RR-Forum-Signature.jpg

...[a Bespoke Venture]...t. 213.745.6954 | [email protected] HKS PRO DEALER Official North American Distributor: Top Secret, Amuse, Mines, Varis... Add us on Facebook!

Please check out our exclusive price-match tool HERE that not only matches the competition, but gives you a 2% return just for using it.

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:40 PM

This is one of our Cobb customers. He is using the Cobb AP Stage 1 with 93 Octane. Stock everything else. I've told him about this thread so I'm sure he will be on shortly if anyone has questions for him.

-Mike Bratcher

Hey guys... This is Milon, I was the one driving the car... This is my roommates GTR and it has Cobb AcessPORT from Mike with the setting he states above...

For all who can't tell or have doubts... YES the launch control was used... And yes I know I took forever to take off cuz they changed the lights to pro tree when all day it was sportsman til that run...

Anyways, the car seemed to run great with the accessport... Some magazines say stock cars run similar times but I have yet to see it... The car feels noticeably faster with the cobb than it did before... Props to Cobb! And thanks Mike for all your help.... More parts to come soon...

-Milon

#18 Arsinek

Arsinek

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2127 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:46 PM

Posted Image

#19 timechaser

timechaser

Unpaid Help/NAGTROC Addict

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1501 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

:nervous:

Moderator, Singapore GTR OC Forum and Mailing List. If you want to join, send me a PM with your email.
www.sggtroc.com

GTC Tuned

#20 Arch5

Arch5

NAGTROC design team

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2827 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:37 PM

Hey guys... This is Milon, I was the one driving the car... This is my roommates GTR and it has Cobb AcessPORT from Mike with the setting he states above...

For all who can't tell or have doubts... YES the launch control was used... And yes I know I took forever to take off cuz they changed the lights to pro tree when all day it was sportsman til that run...

Anyways, the car seemed to run great with the accessport... Some magazines say stock cars run similar times but I have yet to see it... The car feels noticeably faster with the cobb than it did before... Props to Cobb! And thanks Mike for all your help.... More parts to come soon...

-Milon

Thanks for clarifying Milon. The long pause was throwing me off. I attributed it to the little bit of lag without LC. My mistake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users