14 replies to this topic

#1 lactomatic

lactomatic

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:44 AM

Hi all, I have having some weird problems with my car, at low speeds when i attempt to shift from 5th to 6th, I would occasionally get a 2 second lag, with the car pullin back, and then the transmission shifts to 6th, on bad days, when im attempting the same above, the check transmission light comes on, and the car gets into limp mode, with gears 1,3, 5 available.
I am getting error codes p0729, u1000, and occasionally c1113.
The funny thing is, after using the access port to reset the ECU, the car works fine, without any problems, and then, the same problem reoccurs sometimes twice a day, sometimes in a week.
This does not happen at high speeds. Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

There are no knocks, or noises and i'm not even getting unusual oil temperatures. Everything thing in the car seems fine.

I was thinking if there was really a transmission fault, you wouldn't be able to just reset the fault and continue driving. Does any of these sound like a software issue or a sensor issue?

Edited by lactomatic, 14 October 2008 - 02:55 AM.

#2 timechaser

timechaser

Unpaid Help/NAGTROC Addict

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1501 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:13 AM

C1113 - Your decel rate sensor is malfunctioning.

U1000 and P0729 combined tell me that there is something wrong with "6-th/Neutral position sensor" - something which detects whether you are in 6th or Neutral.

Please take the car to the nearest workshop and get it checked. This almost sounds like a limp=mode for the transmission.

Moderator, Singapore GTR OC Forum and Mailing List. If you want to join, send me a PM with your email.
www.sggtroc.com

GTC Tuned

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:09 AM

Join the club.. Here is another tranny issue.. Not that is broken but its bascially the same issue more cars are having every week. Hopefully the dealership wont give you what everyone else gets "warranty voided" then give you the run around leaving you with no solution.. They had a recall in japan about this a long time ago.. I dont know why they dont do that same recall here already.

#4 PHoliday

PHoliday

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:40 AM

Join the club.. Here is another tranny issue.. Not that is broken but its bascially the same issue more cars are having every week. Hopefully the dealership wont give you what everyone else gets "warranty voided" then give you the run around leaving you with no solution.. They had a recall in japan about this a long time ago.. I dont know why they dont do that same recall here already.

The racall in Japan was for an oil pump issue, and was done to all US cars before they made it to the states (or before delivery).

I repeat, all US cars have the racall.

What speed is it doing this at? It may just not want to shift to 6th when going 15 miles per hour, and it flips a warning to save the transmission when you try to.

#5 YS1978

YS1978

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:19 AM

The racall in Japan was for an oil pump issue, and was done to all US cars before they made it to the states (or before delivery).

I repeat, all US cars have the racall.

+1
YS

The Legend Is Real

2009 PREMIUM GT - R
GUN METAL / BLACK

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:05 AM

+1

Thats what they say but why are all the symptoms basically the same?

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:34 AM

Hi all, I have having some weird problems with my car, at low speeds when i attempt to shift from 5th to 6th, I would occasionally get a 2 second lag, with the car pullin back, and then the transmission shifts to 6th, on bad days, when im attempting the same above, the check transmission light comes on, and the car gets into limp mode, with gears 1,3, 5 available.
I am getting error codes p0729, u1000, and occasionally c1113.
The funny thing is, after using the access port to reset the ECU, the car works fine, without any problems, and then, the same problem reoccurs sometimes twice a day, sometimes in a week.
This does not happen at high speeds. Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

There are no knocks, or noises and i'm not even getting unusual oil temperatures. Everything thing in the car seems fine.

I was thinking if there was really a transmission fault, you wouldn't be able to just reset the fault and continue driving. Does any of these sound like a software issue or a sensor issue?

How many miles does your car have?

#8 PHoliday

PHoliday

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:23 AM

Thats what they say but why are all the symptoms basically the same?

No, the problem was not the same at all. The oil pump failing, causing the transmission to fail later due to no oil pump, is not the same as the problem being mentioned by the OP.

The transmission can fail in a number of ways, and the car is programmed to go into limp mode for a number of reasons, all of which protect the car from damage due to any number of warnings.

#9 Oo oO

Oo oO

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1025 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:39 AM

It states in the manual "Continuing to drive with the light illuminated could cause serious damage to the transmission." so that in of itself can be an issue with them - I've seen that with other cars too, if the manual states not to drive it after a warning and you don't just tow it or go directly to the dealer ASAP they can take that into account. :(

Best of luck with it, sounds like you have modded the software and with hope that won't be an issue (maybe contact them, Cobb I guess?, they could offer some insights).

Edited by Oo oO, 14 October 2008 - 10:43 AM.

#10 speedracer

speedracer

R33 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:44 PM

Does any of these sound like a software issue or a sensor issue?

Sounds like your warranty will be void if they find out you have the access port installed.

Edited by speedracer, 14 October 2008 - 01:53 PM.

#11 lactomatic

lactomatic

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:27 AM

[quote name='timechaser' date='Oct 14 2008, 05:13 PM' post='363975']
C1113 - Your decel rate sensor is malfunctioning.

U1000 and P0729 combined tell me that there is something wrong with "6-th/Neutral position sensor" - something which detects whether you are in 6th or Neutral.

Which means that it has nothing to do with the transmission, purely a sensor issue?

#12 tyndago

tyndago

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:03 AM

There are seven different items that could set this code.

http://2009gtr.blogs...code-p0729.html

There is some self-diagnosis that you can run on that page. Its kind of a flow chart. A,B,C,D,E,F,G.

For example #15 which is part A. You turn the ignition switch on and wait for 5 seconds, if you get the code, then you have to go to the TM-96 section, if no code then go to 16 which is part B of the P0729.

Edited by tyndago, 15 October 2008 - 11:06 AM.

#13 timechaser

timechaser

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1501 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:39 PM

Thanks Sean! Didnt know how to present the mass of info.

Could you whip up a similar chart for C1142? The damn thing is just not going away!!!

Moderator, Singapore GTR OC Forum and Mailing List. If you want to join, send me a PM with your email.
www.sggtroc.com

GTC Tuned

#14 tyndago

tyndago

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:00 PM

Could you whip up a similar chart for C1142? The damn thing is just not going away!!!

Whats C1142 again ? Found it..pressure switch.

Not the same thing. It says to run the ABS Self-diagnosis, but no way to do it without Consult III...soon.

Edited by tyndago, 15 October 2008 - 06:33 PM.

#15 timechaser

timechaser

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1501 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

Fortunately - have a consult III I can tap into for a short while here. Going to the workshop at 10.

Get that done, and report back the causes! Blxxdy thing has been doing my head in for some.

Cheers
TC
and waiting for the ...soon :P

www.sggtroc.com

GTC Tuned

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users