- - - - -

SP Engineering HKS GT570 Dyno Results

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 [email protected]

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:02 PM

Hey guys, here are the dyno results from this morning. We've did an overlay of 3 pulls, stock, GT570 @ 1.1 BAR, and GT570 @ 1.2 BAR. Other mods include the HKS Air Filters & HKS Pretzel exhaust. :yourock:

Posted Image

Stock - 426HP/446TQ
GT570 @ 1.1 - 566HP/575TQ
GT570 @ 1.2 - 572HP/606TQ

Dyno video can be seen here...

All pulls were done on 91 CA Pump Gas, and we reprogrammed the EVC with the HKS Easy Writer software.

Ed @ SP Engineering

#2 SP Engineering

SP Engineering

R35 Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:07 PM

We will post more dyno's with race fuel soon. More updates to come.

Eugene @ SPE

29242399512_7ceb3808ba.jpg

CURRENT GTRLIFE SPECIALS
R35 Service / Maintenance Program
Titek 102mm Full Race Exhaust Special
Titek Carbon Fiber Special
Spyder Auto LED R35 GTR Tail Light Special

SP Engineering
www.sp-power.com
SP Engineering Store
424 Turnbull Canyon Road
City of Industry, CA 91745
Tel # 626.333.5398
Fax # 626.333.8355
[email protected]

Instagram: @spengineering
Facebook: facebook.com/SPTUNED/

#3 Arch5

Arch5

NAGTROC design team

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2827 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

WOW!!!! Am I reading it right? I'm assuming the stock run is to the wheels, so that means the others are to the wheels also? :yourock:

#4 SP Engineering

SP Engineering

R35 Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

WOW!!!! Am I reading it right? I'm assuming the stock run is to the wheels, so that means the others are to the wheels also? :yourock:

Yes sir! :yourock:

29242399512_7ceb3808ba.jpg

CURRENT GTRLIFE SPECIALS
R35 Service / Maintenance Program
Titek 102mm Full Race Exhaust Special
Titek Carbon Fiber Special
Spyder Auto LED R35 GTR Tail Light Special

SP Engineering
www.sp-power.com
SP Engineering Store
424 Turnbull Canyon Road
City of Industry, CA 91745
Tel # 626.333.5398
Fax # 626.333.8355
[email protected]

Instagram: @spengineering
Facebook: facebook.com/SPTUNED/

#5 bambam0084

bambam0084

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:27 PM

ho-lee-hell :yourock: I hope there is a way to peice this kit together since i already have the cobb tuner. This is a must have for sure though.

and on a side note, I hate to be the one to start this, but how has the tranny hels up? Any issues to speak of?
"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

2009 GTR-Fast
2010 Rubicon-Fun
2009 F250 Lariat-Strong
2009 RX8-meh..
2011 BMW 1000rr-yikes

#6 elpasogtr

elpasogtr

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1997 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:51 PM

that is insane. 572hp to the wheels. what is the total package price? 12K???
GTR #1. Bucket of bolts, traded for 2012 black edition.

GTR #2 ---2009 RED - Titeck spoiler and other carbon fiber parts.
This car is a tank. Has never had a problem in 4 years.

GTR #3---2012 Blue black edition. Holy shit I love this car.

#7 [email protected]

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

that is insane. 572hp to the wheels. what is the total package price? 12K???

Transmission has held up fine, no issues as of yet, only issue is keeping the car straight once we've turned off traction!!!! :yourock:

Pricing, with the setup that we have, will run you $8900 + labor.

Currently there is no way to piece this kit together. They are not offering the actuators, y-pipe, or downpipe separately as this time.

Ed @ SP Engineering

Edited by [email protected], 14 October 2008 - 05:59 PM.

#8 jaspergtr

jaspergtr

NISMO Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7392 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

is it me? or am i the only one who was impressed with the 426whp stock?

that's only 54hp drivetrain loss (or an underrated hp rating) - or 11.25%-ish. typical models would be about 15%, which at 426whp would equal 498hp. but i recall nissan telling us to just shutup and take their word for it.

add that to the 572hp number, and you've got a 636hp monster!!!

#9 MindlessOath

MindlessOath

NISMO Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11288 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:59 PM

The transmission can hold a max of 650.97 Ft/lbs of torque. Thats max. a nice RMS is probably going to be around 600 ft/lbs which is where it is at right now.

The clutchs will start to slip at a certain level, but i dont rememeber when exactly. Endless-R had found out when testing it. anyone wants to know the level they found i will go searching. but other than this all dyno results are not created equal, what that means is im not sure how to take these figures in account. i know the 90kgm is strait from nissans mouth quoted by Endless-R. the conversion puts that to 650 ft/lbs of torque.

I think this kit is very safe as it is right now. adding more than this will then cause concern. BUT removing weight will probably help that out alot. less weight means less weight it has to move around, and might even free up some poines while they are at it.

You guys going to add carbon?

Edited by MindlessOath, 14 October 2008 - 07:17 PM.

#10 jwilli1130

jwilli1130

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

What if I'm running 651 ft. lbs of torque?

:yourock:

#11 [email protected]

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:30 PM

Then you get to see my signature!!! :yourock:

#12 Stein357

Stein357
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

Why does this kit make so much more power than the Cobb flash? No cats?

#13 mcduck

mcduck

NISMO Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7876 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

is it me? or am i the only one who was impressed with the 426whp stock?

that's only 54hp drivetrain loss (or an underrated hp rating) - or 11.25%-ish. typical models would be about 15%, which at 426whp would equal 498hp. but i recall nissan telling us to just shutup and take their word for it.

add that to the 572hp number, and you've got a 636hp monster!!!

I seem to recall Nissan stating something like only 10% loss at one point which seemed incredibly efficient. I would guess the 15% figure would be more accurate. Could easily believe the car is closer to 500hp than 480hp.

Regardless, I don't care... I just know its damn fast at the track! :yourock:
The GT-R’s only two modes are viciously fast and off. “Off” as in engine dead, doors locked, driver elsewhere. - Bloomberg Review, Feb 8, 2012
This thing is a four-wheeled Ducati with a decent windscreen. - Dan Neil, WSJ - May 20, 2013
"... as you select the more aggressive dynamic modes you enter a world where you need to be absolutely on your mettle, not least because you're covering ground with the pace of a low-level fighter jet." - EVO, June 2014

#14 MindlessOath

MindlessOath

NISMO Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11288 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

This kit makes much more power than cobb because its a whole kit including hard pipes, BOV's, strait pipes, awesome exhaust, and in the case of sp engineering they custom tuned it with HKS software.

The kit is expensive, cheaper in america, but still... your paying for what you get, ALOT of horsepower and alot of parts.

Cobb is just an ecu flash update. its only 995$ with the exhaust and stage2 it will net you approx 84hp which for that much modifications is not bad (compaired to a stock GT-R with an added aftermarket exhaust - I dont remember what Cobbs baseline was). plus 1.08 firmware just released with quality tunes on it. cobb also mentioned that 1.09 will have even more horse power. i belive this is all with just adjusting the ecu through accessport and aftermarket exhaust, this doesnt include hard pipe kits, air filters, or whatever mods you want to add additional.

SO. They are two differnt kits, completly two differnt monsters, differnt prices differnt parts, simular goals. but since each is a differnt price, each is going to net you differnt results in the end. The hks kit is just more complete at the moment.

BUT dont count out cobb. They have more parts comming that i cant comment on. one of which they already mentioned - the upgraded turbos. we will see more in a week or two if im not mistaken.

ALSO know that the cobb R35 is running a totaly differnt tune than the accessport that you can buy off the shelf. its there testing and development platform. They dont really care if something brakes cause they have the money to put into the car. they want to test it and make sure it doesnt happen to the end user that bought it.

HKS did simular testing. i dont know why they upgraded the BOV's, but the rest of the kit is cool as hell and sounds awesome. its a whole package for people that want everything at once and dont want to buy random parts, its been tested well by hks, and usually hks have very quality stuff. the same goes for cobb.

#15 Steve2

Steve2

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

Hey guys, here are the dyno results from this morning. We've did an overlay of 3 pulls, stock, GT570 @ 1.1 BAR, and GT570 @ 1.2 BAR. Other mods include the HKS Air Filters & HKS Pretzel exhaust. :)

Posted Image

Stock - 426HP/446TQ
GT570 @ 1.1 - 566HP/575TQ
GT570 @ 1.2 - 572HP/606TQ

Dyno video can be seen here...

All pulls were done on 91 CA Pump Gas, and we reprogrammed the EVC with the HKS Easy Writer software.

Ed @ SP Engineering

good job Ed!!! :doh:

when it comes to tuning high HP Japanese cars, SP Engineering is the authority! keep up the great work as always! :yourock:

#16 [email protected]

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:57 AM

good job Ed!!! :doh:

when it comes to tuning high HP Japanese cars, SP Engineering is the authority! keep up the great work as always! :)

Thanks Steve!! Appreciate all the kind words and support you've given us!!

Ed @ SP Engineering

#17 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

Those numbers seem funky. Thats about 90+ WHP more than cobb with only a pipe upgrade? On 91 octane? Torque looks funky too. Your stock GTR made 446 torque at 3600 rpm and then dropped rapidly? More info on this setup would help.

What was the rolling weight you guys used on the mustang dyno? Any other details?

#18 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:28 PM

If this is the kit:

http://www.hks-tf.co.../r35powerup.htm

Then according to their dyno sheets these are no WHP numbers. Their stock run pulled 501hp which no stock GTR will do to the wheels. So pipes and some boost should get you 70-100 hp which is believable. The numbers above dont add up unless there is something else I'm not seeing?

#19 GTRGGHH

GTRGGHH

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

Those numbers seem funky. Thats about 90+ WHP more than cobb with only a pipe upgrade? On 91 octane? Torque looks funky too. Your stock GTR made 446 torque at 3600 rpm and then dropped rapidly? More info on this setup would help.

What was the rolling weight you guys used on the mustang dyno? Any other details?

I hear ya! Seeing the dyno chart HKS Technical Factory has posted on their site (which seems to be a more "normal" tune), their TQ tapers off more gradually. But then....two charts are using different unit standard representation for the torque figure. Maybe that has something to do with it??

It'll be interesting when Cobb comes out a custom map for GT-R that also has stronger wastegate acuator and bigger downpipes with all four cats omitted. Maybe then you can compare apple to apple better.. Then I'm sure both company will have some sort of turbo upgrade kit before you know it, that would be even more interesting to see. Even one could have more peak power than the other, it still doesn't mean a whole lot except winning a dyno shoot out. The real world driveability still will win the customers at the end.

If it is not too complicated, maybe Cobb should release the version of their SW to allow their AP Tuners to do custom maps for different configurations.

Now you put some company like AMS in the mix, it would be even more interesting. By then hopefully GT-R owners would get to enjoy quality products made in the U.S at fractions of the cost buying imported JDM products. Cheaper alternatives, same level of quality. It's those early adapters who are paying the price to have the "newest" products NOW....and rest will follow w/o the price tag of being the pioneers.

#20 tyndago

tyndago

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:25 AM

The transmission can hold a max of 650.97 Ft/lbs of torque. Thats max. a nice RMS is probably going to be around 600 ft/lbs which is where it is at right now.

I can think of a way to up the torque load on a stock transmission setup, just depends on how much someone wants to experiment with an expensive transmisserdiffercase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users