398 replies to this topic

#1 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:07 PM

I have locked down ButtonWillow RACE#13 CW for December 29th. It was a SEMI Exclusive test day, ORIGINAL cost was $600 per car/driver this day with a maximum of 10 cars on the track all day. Thanks to everyone who confirmed this date I was able to rent the entire track for the full day at a flat rate of $4300 making it our own EXCLUSIVE day. We can split total cost between us, bringing the cost per car down!

We have 4 corner workers and tow on standby.

We now have 12 confirmed R35 GTRs for this track day. Anyone who wants to come out post here and we can add you to the backup/standby list in case one of the 12 confirmed cannot make it for some unforeseen reason.

http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/

CONFIRMED: (Xtra Helmets)

1. KUNANI (1m) Pix
2. NEOSEVEN (1m)
3. LILPAYNE
4. PETERKL
5. 2007C6Z06
6. GREG S.
7. GLENN <-- Full Track Rental RACE#13 ALL DAY (Gets cheaper for everyone past this point! CONFIRMED 12/9)
8. AXIS007
9. MYWIFEBOUGHTIT
10. ZIELSPORTS
11. TRADERVIC
12. 700CREDIT <-- Split cost at this point is under $400 each!

BACKUP/UNCONFIRMED:

1. Daryl A

JUST CONFIRMED: Alex Grodji author of Nissan GT-R Legendary Performance Engineering Marvel will be attending. We met at SEMA and he is interested in placing my car into his new book. I'm sure he would love to see more R35's for his new book "Modified GTRs" he is writing!

ALSO CONFIRMED: Greg Mark from Aeromotions (The crazy insanely smart MIT guys who built my wing!) will fly out from Boston and be there to help out and join the fun.

Special thanks to the following for helping to spread the word: GTRCENTER.NET , 2009GTR.COM, GTRBLOG.COM, and our very own NAGTROC.ORG!

Word from the track: Passengers are allowed with a Helmet and there is a patio area for viewers to hang out. Come join the party! We have the track 9am - 5pm! Check in is at 8am.

Edited by Kunani, 17 December 2008 - 08:20 PM.

#2 Neoseven

Neoseven

SpecV Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:40 PM

Sounds great. Come on west coast GT-R owners, this is going to be a fun track day. Great way to end the first year of the new GT-R. :lmfao:

Buttonwillow is driving distance for anyone in Northern California and Southern California with ease. You can leave early morning and get there same day. That is what both myself and illpayne did last time we went to Buttonwillow. For those further out, say Arizona, Nevada, Washington, Oregon etc, drive in the day before. There are plenty of hotels right off the freeway both north and south of Buttonwillow.

#13 CW is the best configuration for this track, and the configuration you always here when people are talking about their times on Buttonwillow.

#3 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:55 PM

Yeah just found out my new GTCs came in! Whooo! I'll be cruising down day before with couple cars so I can bring second set of wheels/tires with me. I'm not hardcore enough to have a trailer yet :p

#4 Neoseven

Neoseven

SpecV Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:01 PM

Yeah just found out my new GTCs came in! Whooo! I'll be cruising down day before with couple cars so I can bring second set of wheels/tires with me. I'm not hardcore enough to have a trailer yet :p

Nice. You going to try the GTC's on the track, or just run stock tires/wheels. I will be running stock.

#5 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:11 PM

I have my Yokohamas which I love, I may save those since I like those! I have those free Falkens which dont stick from SEMA! I think I'll burn those around track, perhaps they perform better while hot. I have my Gram Lights and will have the GTCs. I will be running on the gram lights with probably falken tires. The GTC will be my street/show wheels/tires with my Yokohamas. Time to swap them around again!

Wish I could find some r compounds! The only ones I saw were on Bens cars at sema.

Edited by Kunani, 04 December 2008 - 09:16 AM.

#6 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:19 PM

Also, I'll have the full traqmate unit, plus dual bullet cam setup with cig lighter power. So we can swap it around in the cars and log everyones track times and then merge them all later for a kick ass video!

#7 Neoseven

Neoseven

SpecV Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

Also, I'll have the full traqmate unit, plus dual bullet cam setup with cig lighter power. So we can swap it around in the cars and log everyones track times and then merge them all later for a kick ass video!

Nice. I will be running my HD video setup in my car and I am going to try a remote mic to cut down on the wind noise this time. This is suction cup mounted so if we are running in two groups, this can be used in other cars as well. Should make for some great video footage.

#8 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:43 PM

Sweet, I have one of those big suction mounts as well and an HD sony. However mine is the hardrive one and it seems as soon as there is excessive vibration or hard accelleration the camera kicks off. I have the drop protection turned OFF too. Not sure what the deal is with that. I'm bringing it all out anyway so my GF can do some track side video of us.

The traqmate is all SD card driven so I know the same issues wont come up (Only reason I bought it). The quality isnt HD but should be good for web videos. I get it next week so I'll experiment with it before track day.

#9 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:33 PM

JUST CONFIRMED: Alex Grodji author of Nissan GT-R Legendary Performance Engineering Marvel will be attending. We met at SEMA and he is interested in placing my car into his new book. I'm sure he would love to see more R35's for his new book "Modified GTRs" he is writing!

#10 PeterKL

PeterKL

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:08 PM

Count me in Darin.
07 GT3
09 GTR

#11 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:11 PM

Great Peter, added you to the list! Where about are you located?

#12 illpayne

illpayne

Dream Crusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2795 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:15 PM

Alright let's get these numbers up. We need this guys. So far our community is lacking and we need to be more involved like the GTR owners in Japan.
My Blog

follow me on twitter: illpayne

follow me on Instagram: illpayne

Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is.

2009 Midnight Purple 3 GTR - SOLD

1990 Gunmetal Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R

#13 PeterKL

PeterKL

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:56 PM

Great Peter, added you to the list! Where about are you located?

I'm in LA area. where the 10 meets the 57.
07 GT3
09 GTR

#14 illpayne

illpayne

Dream Crusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2795 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:22 PM

Cool Peter, I'm glad you can attend. We should have a caravan to Buttonwillow
My Blog

follow me on twitter: illpayne

follow me on Instagram: illpayne

Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is.

2009 Midnight Purple 3 GTR - SOLD

1990 Gunmetal Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R

#15 Arsinek

Arsinek

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2127 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:25 PM

damn i wish i could go just to hangout. if this goes down get plenty of video. =D

#16 MindlessOath

MindlessOath

NISMO Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11288 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:55 PM

posted for ya guys!
http://www.gtrcenter.net/?p=1226

sorry illpayne only photo i had at my other workstation. peter if you want send me a pic of your r35 and i can upload it too.

#17 tyndago

tyndago

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

I'll post it up too. See if I can get some other cars out. I think Jeffs car needs a shake down at Race 13.

#18 Neoseven

Neoseven

SpecV Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:16 PM

damn i wish i could go just to hangout. if this goes down get plenty of video. =D

You can, you don't have to go on the track, you can just show up to visit and check out the other cars and watch the fun. :doh:

#19 Neoseven

Neoseven

SpecV Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:19 PM

Three more in, and it's a Nagtroc/GT-R exclusive track day.

Edited by Neoseven, 03 December 2008 - 08:19 PM.

#20 rabenoja

rabenoja

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1587 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:38 PM

Damn nice event guys! If I were on the west coast I would be all over this, plus I'd love to be driving behind kunani and watch his crazy ass wing!

Have fun guys, can't wait to see the vids!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users