RedBeauty84ZX

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1334 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:58 PM

Found this on a Japanese site just now:
Posted Image

If thats correct it has the Spec V at a 7:20 Nurburgring time....not sure if that was theoretical, actual, or what but i'm eagerly awaiting specifics on this. Anyone here read Japanese? Found it and some other interesting pictures here:
http://car.watch.imp...0109_38396.html

#2 bonzelite

bonzelite

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:34 PM

I have been expecting 7:20 out of the Spec V, at very least low 7:20s. I have been feeling that the Spec V will be, at least for a while, the fastest factory production car. Nissan wants to time the release of the lap times with .... something.

#3 MindlessOath

MindlessOath

NISMO Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11288 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:35 PM

Yes I read that too from the same place. Apparently the spec-v has a time that's unknown. Way back in testing I was told it was doing about 7:25 is but those were not idea conditions. Nissan plans to go back for a faster time and kris re confirmed this info since he talked to the man himself in japan (gtrblog kris). The previous info was posted on my old blog which the google cache doesn't work anymore :(

#4 bonzelite

bonzelite

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:37 PM

7:25 was also an alleged spy shot time from many months ago. I'm expecting the time to be much better than that.

#5 NickTO

NickTO

SpecV Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3704 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:50 PM

:)

Edited by NickTO, 18 September 2013 - 10:12 PM.

--

I am no longer active on this site.

#6 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4610 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:21 PM

Left side of chart looks like it's comparing power to weight ratios of various cars.

On the same website there are some more graphs down the page. These look like charts showing the additional torque values with the over-boost feature.

Someone on the forum has to know Japanese so they can translate. We are all dying to know! :rolf2: :postpics:
'09 GT-R titanium:
Follow My Build Here: http://www.gtrlife.c...__fromsearch__1

Innovative GT-R products at their finest

Posted Image

www.gotboostperformance.com
[email protected]
email and paypal

Posted Image

#7 JohnTurbo

JohnTurbo

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

We heard it's 'possibly' under 7:20 here in Tokyo but are not allowed to say. :postpics:
2010 White GT-R

#8 RedBeauty84ZX

RedBeauty84ZX

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1334 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

Another slide shows they're going back to 'Nur in April '09.. so we have a couple months left to speculate!

I saw that too...

Either their going back in April or their releasing the time in April...I also suspect they are very concerned about the timing of releasing the Nurburgring time. Maybe a US release date set in April????

#9 paul_k

paul_k

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:46 PM

Just translated some of this no mention of the ring time but these are interesting:

next year is "M Spec" out of the V Spec special some segments the "performance oriented version appeared. Mr. Mizuno, next is also GT-R show the evolution of M Spec version out to say it is what version, or were not disclosed.

357 kW (485 PS) and 588 Nm (60 kgm) to generate specially tuned VR 38 DETT. The steering wheel and high gear Harvard boost switch is pressed, about eighty seconds with a torque 608 Nm(62 kgm). overtook switch for the use of ascents higher gear used to be in the fuel economy improvements says
UK
Black Black GTR

#10 RedBeauty84ZX

RedBeauty84ZX

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1334 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

We heard it's 'possibly' under 7:20 here in Tokyo but are not allowed to say. :postpics:

What all did they say...TELL US :rolf2:

#11 Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

To get close to 7:20 this car must be making 550 horsepower...Looking at the exhaust system for the Spec V, plus the overboost feature this car has to be making over 500 horsepower. The overboost button is good for 15 pound feet of torque only, which seems like a very low addition. The 997 TT also has an overboost function which raises torque by 45 pound feet. Perhaps Nissan is being a little coy about the actual power numbers? How much extra boost is the Spec V getting for the overboost?

#12 timeattack07gt

timeattack07gt

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

To get close to 7:20 this car must be making 550 horsepower...Looking at the exhaust system for the Spec V, plus the overboost feature this car has to be making over 500 horsepower. The overboost button is good for 15 pound feet of torque only, which seems like a very low addition. The 997 TT also has an overboost function which raises torque by 45 pound feet. Perhaps Nissan is being a little coy about the actual power numbers? How much extra boost is the Spec V getting for the overboost?

Although I am almost always in agreement with you, I don't think you can accurately calculate the estimated power levels of the Spec V going by lap times, especially considering all of the other improvements done to the Spec V. Nissan claims the CCB's are capable of producing another .6 g's more than the regular steel brakes, which is substantial difference at such high speeds seen at the ring. Added to the fact that the rotors reduce rotational and usprung weight, as do the lighter rim/tire combo, WHP figures could be up by as much as ~3% just from the reduced rotational mass. The reduced curb weight will help the car in all performance aspects as well. The tuned springs, dampers, and swaybars will likely be worth a couple of seconds. The increased midrange torque will help corner exit speeds a good amount, which is an advantage carried all the way down a straightaway.

Edited by timeattack07gt, 10 January 2009 - 03:30 PM.

#13 MindlessOath

MindlessOath

NISMO Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11288 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:36 PM

If I were to guess it would be max of 1.1bar or 16psi. But knowing nissan its probably less. Cobb also mentioned the max boost of the actuator is about 16psi. For 80 seconds that's not bad. Btw how much boost will make 62kgm of torque? That would be a better guess.

#14 timeattack07gt

timeattack07gt

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

Judging by the increased TQ of the V-spec (when the overboost button is pressed), I would venture to guess that the boost tapers off toward redline, to a level identical to that of a stock GT-R. Peak boost in the mid rpms was probably only raised a pound or two.

#15 bonzelite

bonzelite

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:22 PM

Remember back a few months ago, during the controversial 7:29 lap, attained by the base model: --such time was achieved mostly by only changing the subframe bushings and factory tire options. Now with the Spec V's myriad tweaks to suspension, it is possible to connect the dots: Nissan doesn't need 550hp to achieve near 7:20 times.

They wouldn't affix carbon brakes to a GT-R for looks only. The GT-R is a form-follows-function surgical speed knife. Those are there because the car goes faster.

#16 Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:47 PM

Although I am almost always in agreement with you, I don't think you can accurately calculate the estimated power levels of the Spec V going by lap times, especially considering all of the other improvements done to the Spec V. Nissan claims the CCB's are capable of producing another .6 g's more than the regular steel brakes, which is substantial difference at such high speeds seen at the ring. Added to the fact that the rotors reduce rotational and usprung weight, as do the lighter rim/tire combo, WHP figures could be up by as much as ~3% just from the reduced rotational mass. The reduced curb weight will help the car in all performance aspects as well. The tuned springs, dampers, and swaybars will likely be worth a couple of seconds. The increased midrange torque will help corner exit speeds a good amount, which is an advantage carried all the way down a straightaway.

I agree with your post that it is not accurate to say a certain time at the Ring equates to X horsepower. But from studying the GT-R's well documented 7:29 lap time against the Zr1 and Viper ACR videos it is apparent that particular car had more ponies under the hood then a regular GT-R. To go 9 seconds faster again this car will need at least that power level, or more to achieve it. The carbon brakes, suspension upgrades and perhaps most important of all the reduced unsprung mass along with improved mid range grunt will all add up on a 13 mile lap. I hope Nissan hits that number and does a video documentary of the attempt to dispel any internet bench racing....

Edited by Silver Surfer, 10 January 2009 - 04:48 PM.

#17 Cashman

Cashman

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

Im sure the Spec v has a 20 or 19 in it but the acr has that in it as well. Its posted time was done on a half day track rental with the driver missing two shifts. Just something to think about before you call it the fastest production car on the ring. And lets not even get into that the spec v is almost 60 grand more.
06 Ford GT Twin Turbo(1000rwhp)
09 Nissan GT-R Super Silver (590awhp)
10 BMW 750i
02 M3 Track Only
10 Lotus Exige S 240

11 BMW S1000 RR (200rwhp)

Coming Soon
About to Build something BIG

#18 gp900bj

gp900bj

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

But from studying the GT-R's well documented 7:29 lap time against the Zr1 and Viper ACR videos it is apparent that particular car had more ponies under the hood then a regular GT-R.

Studying? What kind of computer modeling software did you use? Were you able to include parameters for the difference in spring rates, suspension geometry response, bushing movement, 3D Aero dynamic flows, drag, lift, downforce, gear ratios, chassis rigidity, time varying tire to ground pressures, load spikes, tarmac surface attributes and variations, stability, AWD algorithms or lack thereof, driver confidence etc.?

I hope your model was not limited to a youtube click and drag approach and subsequent power/weight ratio comparison.

Some notable prior anomolies of the "p/w ratio is all that matters" approach:

996GT3RS - 276hp/tonne, 272km/h nurb top speed
C6 Z06 - 350hp/tonne, 270km/h nurb top speed

997 GT2 - 360hp/tonne, 293km/h nurb top speed
C6 zr1 - 425hp/tonne, 280km/h nurb top speed

The Viper ACR's not using 5th gear also resulted in a rev limiter
governed 4th gear top speed of 160mph at the nurb.

You might want to read Edmunds attempt at a top speed run in the ACR
at Bonneville for a great lesson in how just two simple variables
like drag and gear ratio can have devastaing effects on what seems like a great
p/w ratio. They hit a top speed of 173mph........at Bonneville.

#19 ShahulX

ShahulX

Who Dat !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7797 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

When they go back to the ring someone mail them an accessport!!

Current car : 2011 Boxster Spyder- (6MT, cf sport buckets, sport chrono, pagid yellows, gt3 brake ducts, fabspeed race) Audi B6 S4 cab (sprint blue), 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited

Former cars: 2009 NISSAN GTR PREMIUM ( Delivered !! 8/05/08 Ivory Pearl with Black leather )
2010 Evolution X, MK6 VW Gti, Subaru Outback and Forester XT 5mt, evolution 8 gsr, 94 supra, tsx 6mt, 2 preludes, rsx type S, 99 & 01 miatas, ridgeline, passport, integra, 06 accord, 07 crv, 00 eclipse gt

[/b]
[/color]

#20 MindlessOath

MindlessOath

NISMO Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11288 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

The first ring time was done not in idea conditions. That and the slight upgrades and tires in better conditions is what made the time better the second time for 7:29 lap.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users