NISSAN North America Parts & Service Bulletin

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:35 PM

Basically, these parts are no longer available for order unless the vehicle is at the dealer with an RO number.

Posted Image

#2 Steve2

Steve2

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

just another hurdle...

Edited by [email protected], 20 January 2009 - 02:15 PM.

#3 BPAuto

BPAuto

R34 Member

• Premier International Vendor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

I was wondering when they were going to do this... now they have.

-Mike Bratcher

Edited by BPAuto, 20 January 2009 - 02:37 PM.

GT-RR-Forum-Signature.jpg

...[a Bespoke Venture]...t. 213.745.6954 | [email protected] HKS PRO DEALER Official North American Distributor: Top Secret, Amuse, Mines, Varis... Add us on Facebook!

Please check out our exclusive price-match tool HERE that not only matches the competition, but gives you a 2% return just for using it.

#4 Arsinek

Arsinek

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2127 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:43 PM

no ones going to want this car if they make it such a nightmare to deal with.

#5 Bullo

Bullo

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1818 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

no ones going to want this car if they make it such a nightmare to deal with.

exactly. As much as I love the car, I despise Nissan for their policies.
Posted Image

#6 MikelMarion

MikelMarion

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

anyone know how much the bare block cost?

#7 Oo oO

Oo oO

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1025 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

The subject, 2010 GTR Unique Service Requirements etc, makes it seem like it is addressing the 2010 models?

#8 GTR35V

GTR35V

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:42 PM

The subject, 2010 GTR Unique Service Requirements etc, makes it seem like it is addressing the 2010 models?

Its only for 2010 models? hope that is the case.

Gunmetal | Black | Premium | iPod | GTR mats | JDM side markers | custom lighting etc...

#9 Greg S.

Greg S.

Happy in Hermosa

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1534 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

Its only for 2010 models? hope that is the case.

Still, that would suggest that the aforementioned parts are unique to the 2010 model. Can that possibly be the case? Really? The 2010 fuel pump in '10 differs from my '09?
2013 BE in Pearl White; Xpel clear bra, tint & ClearPlex windshield protection<br />Aeromotions front splitter; Schroth 4-pt ASM w/Sparco harness bar<br />AMS catless DPs; 102mm GTC Titan titanium Exhaust; GotBoost intake kit, GotBoost I/C pipping,<br />SIR 1150cc injectors, AEM 320lph fuel pumps & hardwire harness;<br />SIR USM Turbos; Titek Wastegates; GT1R Oil/Water Separator<br />COBB AP -- Flex Fuel tune by Jon Drenas/5150

#10 jimz68

jimz68

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:35 AM

anyone know how much the bare block cost?

$2643.21

#11 Oo oO

Oo oO

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1025 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:38 AM

Still, that would suggest that the aforementioned parts are unique to the 2010 model. Can that possibly be the case? Really? The 2010 fuel pump in '10 differs from my '09?

I dunno - some (or all) of the parts are new for the 2010 but the statement under the grid, "The restriction is technology specific, not part number specific" indicates that it is about those functions overall.

Perhaps the title only mentions the 2010 GTR because paperwork that comes with the car has been amended to reflect the new policies whereas the 09 lacks supporting stipulations that would allow them to similarly restrict those parts and enforce it?

#12 [email protected]

[email protected]

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12530 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:05 PM

I am pretty sure that this policy violates federal law. All replacement parts, and Nissan specific diag equipment need to be made available to outside service shops..not just Nissan dealers. It will be interesting to see if anyone challenges this legally.

Sharif Abdelbaset | GM | Calibrator | Driving Instructor
[email protected]
498 Cobb Parkway South, Marietta GA 30060
Forged Performance will meet or beat any competitors pricing!

#13 Oo oO

Oo oO

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1025 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

I am pretty sure that this policy violates federal law. All replacement parts, and Nissan specific diag equipment need to be made available to outside service shops..not just Nissan dealers. It will be interesting to see if anyone challenges this legally.

Maybe they will just need to validate they are repairing a GTR and then will be able to buy parts via Nissan Dealers. Isn't this what body shops have to do with some parts for cars as it is?

Edit: Come to think of it we have had cars where a confirming VIN has to be supplied in order to obtain certain parts, it could just be something like that vs allowing them to sell those parts outright.

Edited by Oo oO, 21 January 2009 - 01:17 PM.

#14 [email protected]

[email protected]

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12530 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

Maybe they will just need to validate they are repairing a GTR and then will be able to buy parts via Nissan Dealers. Isn't this what body shops have to do with some parts for cars as it is?

Edit: Come to think of it we have had cars where a confirming VIN has to be supplied in order to obtain certain parts, it could just be something like that vs allowing them to sell those parts outright.

Although we aren't a body shop, we have never been locked out of any Nisaan oem parts so far, including ecu and control modules.

[email protected]

#15 losgatosGTR

losgatosGTR

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

They also need to give away the transmission fluid for free because they FTC did not issue Nissan a waiver allowing to sell proprietary transmission fluid. Federal law states that they cannot sell their own branded fluid and require you to use it without having this waiver. However Nissan will probably just ignore the FTC and that is whay we have to pay $70 each quart for the fluid. It is not so much the money for the fluid...but just the Audacity that Nissan shows by ignoring a Federal law. Nissan must by law provide an alternative fluid recomendation as they have for the diff oil.

We have got to come up with a way to force Nissan to comply with US Rules and Regulations....Like the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act...etc.

Any ideas?

I already iussued a complaint with the FTC, I waited almost two months to hear back and when I called they could not even find my complaint (I even gave them the tracking number from their complaint web site) and they basically said I need to talk to my states Attorney General about it...talk about a brush off.

Any lawyers on this board??

Edited by losgatosGTR, 21 January 2009 - 01:41 PM.

#16 avanti5010

avanti5010

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:43 PM

Most likely these parts have been superseded by a new part number indicating a change has been made. It may not mean these parts are no longer available for the 09s.
This happens all the time by all manufacturers, not just Nissan. The part may have been improved or upgraded, but still fit cars already built.
Too many are jumping to conclusions without getting the facts.

#17 Oo oO

Oo oO

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1025 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

Although we aren't a body shop, we have never been locked out of any Nisaan oem parts so far, including ecu and control modules.

I can only say we have encountered the requirement for a VIN before on a BMW or MINI, and swear I also saw a mention on Rennlist stating a VIN was needed for ordering some part for a 997. Even heard on the Smart that discontinued color panels would not be sold outright and requires the VIN to establish that the car was of that color originally (which is just weird).

Considering the mating of the tranny to engine and such I'm not surprised if they require the VIN when ordering via the dealer, and they are putting similar controls in likely to monitor parts they consider key. All in all I don't *think* it is against the law for a manufacturer to have requirements for ordering certain parts and limit it to replacement vs outright sale, as long as the parts and diagnostic info can be had for repairs via the dealers or otherwise.

Time will tell how if and how this notice effects anything, I do find it notable that it does not state '2009 & 2010 GTR Unique Service Requirements'..

Edited by Oo oO, 21 January 2009 - 02:52 PM.

#18 [email protected]

[email protected]

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12530 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

Yes, oftentimes we get a VIN request, simply to double check the part's application on a specific car. Becuase it's common to have slightly different parts, on same model and year cars, they often ask for a VIN as a double checking system.

But from how this document reads, it's clear they are locking down these part types, and not just specific part numbers. :(

Edited by [email protected], 21 January 2009 - 04:22 PM.

[email protected]

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

Very weird. I can't find my prevous post on this. My point was that this really isn't any different than what Lamborghini and Ferrari does. Rolling with the big boys always comes at a price.

Edited by Way2Fun_Lotus, 21 January 2009 - 05:53 PM.

#20 [email protected]

[email protected]

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12530 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:35 PM

Very weird. I can't find my prevous post on this. My point was that this really isn't any different than what Lamborghini and Ferrari does. Rolling with the big boys always comes at a price.

But this is Nissan, not a Ferrari or Lambo. :cheers:
It just happens to have performance characteristics that eclipses both of those brands...haha.

[email protected]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users