#2 lindros2

lindros2

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

So an average of 260.5 per month.

As there were only about 147 sold in July, a more realistic average (from August > December) is 317.

Where are all of these cars? I haven't seen more than one or two random ones in Georgia, and have seen zero in the Northeast and Midwest (where I travel for work).

#3 Toronto GTR

Toronto GTR

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

You guys are still kicking our butts here in Canada we added another 2 in Jan. to the 2 we had delivered in Dec. to bring our total close to 140.

That said they are still sold out for at least the MY10 allocation as well....we are just getting them much more slowly than you over the Xmas months.

I agree with Lindros2 - I have yet to see one on the road and I travel across the US a couple of times a month (are they all tukced away in garages?). I keep a keen eye but I still have not had my first GTR on the road sighting (other than a few parked on the side of the road in Japan).

Edited by Toronto GTR, 03 February 2009 - 06:50 PM.

2009 GT-R Premium Dark Gun Metallic/Black

"Bring whatever you like to the party. The GT-R will blitz it. It blitzes everything." Clarkson

#4 ShahulX

ShahulX

Who Dat !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7797 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:38 PM

never seen another one on the road yet in 6 months

Current car : 2011 Boxster Spyder- (6MT, cf sport buckets, sport chrono, pagid yellows, gt3 brake ducts, fabspeed race) Audi B6 S4 cab (sprint blue), 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited

Former cars: 2009 NISSAN GTR PREMIUM ( Delivered !! 8/05/08 Ivory Pearl with Black leather )
2010 Evolution X, MK6 VW Gti, Subaru Outback and Forester XT 5mt, evolution 8 gsr, 94 supra, tsx 6mt, 2 preludes, rsx type S, 99 & 01 miatas, ridgeline, passport, integra, 06 accord, 07 crv, 00 eclipse gt

[/b]
[/color]

#5 lindros2

lindros2

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:22 PM

never seen another one on the road yet in 6 months

I think this exclusivity is worth the price of admission.

Edited by lindros2, 03 February 2009 - 05:23 PM.

#6 REK125

REK125

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2172 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

I have seen only 1 other GTR in the Philly area since July.

Edited by REK125, 03 February 2009 - 05:29 PM.

#7 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26117 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

besides mcduck who i know i havent seen a single other one here in NC on the roads. there was a gunmetal one at my dealer some guy brought in for POS but i heard he sold it

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#8 porsche

porsche

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

besides mcduck who i know i havent seen a single other one here in NC on the roads. there was a gunmetal one at my dealer some guy brought in for POS but i heard he sold it

We drive ours all the time in NJ...have almost 9k miles on it and it runs perfectly! Also have not seen another in NJ. Did see one in NY on a business trip back in Dec. We both looked at each other as we were passing and we had a "1st one I've seen" look on our faces.

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

You guys are still kicking our butts here in Canada we added another 2 in Jan. to the 2 we had delivered in Dec. to bring our total close to 140.

That said they are still sold out for at least the MY10 allocation as well....we are just getting them much more slowly than you over the Xmas months.

I agree with Lindros2 - I have yet to see one on the road and I travel across the US a couple of times a month (are they all tukced away in garages?). I keep a keen eye but I still have not had my first GTR on the road sighting (other than a few parked on the side of the road in Japan).

Haven't seen one either in Canada!

#10 s1gins

s1gins

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

I'm the other half of porsche and have never seen one. There is a dealer 5 miles from my house who has sold three, all in NJ and I have not seen one!

Where are you central Jersey GTRs?

#11 rabenoja

rabenoja

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1587 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:03 PM

The only ones I've seen were planned meets. I haven't spotted any while driving on the road.

#12 [email protected]

[email protected]

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12530 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:56 PM

So an average of 260.5 per month.

As there were only about 147 sold in July, a more realistic average (from August > December) is 317.

Where are all of these cars? I haven't seen more than one or two random ones in Georgia, and have seen zero in the Northeast and Midwest (where I travel for work).

Hello neighbor. What part of GA are you from?

I too, havent seen any GT-R's in the wild, unless it's a meetup. There are about 10 in the greater ATL area, and maybe 3-4 that are daily driven....including mine.

Sharif Abdelbaset | GM | Calibrator | Driving Instructor
[email protected]
498 Cobb Parkway South, Marietta GA 30060
Forged Performance will meet or beat any competitors pricing!

#13 en543pm

en543pm

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:49 PM

nope - I haven't seen any others in Toronto yet
2009 Black/Black Canadian Spec. SOLD!
Advan F7's
Blizzaks for winter
T1R Mid-pipe
AAM Competition Downpipes
HKS Legamax Exhaust
HKS Superfire Spark Plugs
AMS Z Store Pulley
Custom Cobb Tune from AAM
Carbotech Pads
Clear Bra
iPod
Rear View Camera
Boomerang

#14 tyndago

tyndago

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:25 PM

January numbers are artificially off also. Nissan was holding cars for the transmission "fix".

#15 porsche

porsche

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:50 PM

January numbers are artificially off also. Nissan was holding cars for the transmission "fix".

On a side note to the sale of these GT-R's, I talked with my dealer yesterday and he stated that he has a GT-R coming at the end of this month and no takers--at MSRP!. He states that he has no wait list for GT-R's and is wondering if the excitement is gone for this car...he is surprised that his dealership did not get more interest for them.

#16 tyndago

tyndago

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

On a side note to the sale of these GT-R's, I talked with my dealer yesterday and he stated that he has a GT-R coming at the end of this month and no takers--at MSRP!. He states that he has no wait list for GT-R's and is wondering if the excitement is gone for this car...he is surprised that his dealership did not get more interest for them.

Where are you located ?

#17 porsche

porsche

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:24 PM

Where are you located ?

South Jersey. If you want to get in touch with this dealer, just let me know.

#18 Mid-Life Crisis

Mid-Life Crisis

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2286 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:18 AM

Exactly right and I've been a victim of that. My dealer told me last Thursday that Nissan was readying the vehicles for delivery from the port to the dealerships, via covered transport. When he check back on Tuesday afternoon, he was given zero, zip, zilch status ("We don't know the status of that particular GT-R"). I thought, "Here we go again"!". Early last night he told me that his regional manager would be contacting him in the morning to set up the delivery to his dealership. I've heard this before, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. But if this is true, I could have my GT-R finally by this weekend, or at least early next week. It depends upon how long it will take for the normal prep of a GT-R at a dealership, then they are having vendors come in an install the Clear Bra, Guide Point, and then take the stock tires/wheels to another vendor and swap them out for the Bridgestone Blizzaks I already ordered (and have been sitting in their service area since November!).
CURRENT: '18 Cadillac ATS-V Championship Edition PAST '14 Jaguar XFR-S '19 Corvette Grand Sport//'18 Audi S5 Sportback '15 Maserati Granturismo Sport '17 MB AMG C63 Cabriolet '17 Lotus Evora 400//'15 Audi S4, Stage II '14 Nissan GT-R//'08 Pontiac G8 GT '11 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon//'09 Nissan GT-R '12 Mitsubishi EVO MR//'07 BMW M6 Coupe '09 Cadillac CTS-V//'05 Audi S4 '06 Infiniti M35 Sport//'04 Subaru STi '02 Subaru WRX//'91 GMC Syclone (two--the first caught fire) '86 Buick Grand National//'86 Olds Cutlass Calais International '86 Chevy Z24//'85 Pontiac Fiero '81 Mustang//'64 Rambler

#19 Toronto GTR

Toronto GTR

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:19 AM

Exactly right and I've been a victim of that. My dealer told me last Thursday that Nissan was readying the vehicles for delivery from the port to the dealerships, via covered transport. When he check back on Tuesday afternoon, he was given zero, zip, zilch status ("We don't know the status of that particular GT-R"). I thought, "Here we go again"!". Early last night he told me that his regional manager would be contacting him in the morning to set up the delivery to his dealership. I've heard this before, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. But if this is true, I could have my GT-R finally by this weekend, or at least early next week. It depends upon how long it will take for the normal prep of a GT-R at a dealership, then they are having vendors come in an install the Clear Bra, Guide Point, and then take the stock tires/wheels to another vendor and swap them out for the Bridgestone Blizzaks I already ordered (and have been sitting in their service area since November!).

Mid-Life hopefully the long wait is almost over - post pics when she finally is in your hands.

I will say congrats once you have got it and not a moment before :biggrin:
2009 GT-R Premium Dark Gun Metallic/Black

"Bring whatever you like to the party. The GT-R will blitz it. It blitzes everything." Clarkson

#20 NissanGTR

NissanGTR

R34 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1011 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:48 AM

So since there are 2400 cars coming to the US for MY2009, leaving 500 left, does that mean it did not sell out as expected? Aren't the 2010's coming soon?
2013 GT-<span style='color: #ff0000'>R </span><span style='color: #0000cd'>Aurora Flare Blue Pearl</span>(Sold)2014 370Z <span style='color: #0000ff'>Midnight Blue</span>(Sold)2009 GT-<span style='color: #ff0000'>R</span> <span style='color: #daa520'>Titanium </span>(Sold)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users