212 replies to this topic

#1 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

--> GTR TRACK DAY ROUND 2 BUTTONWILLOW RACE 13CW! MARCH 30TH!

I've locked down Buttonwillow Raceway RACE 13CW for March 30th, right after RedLine Time Attack weekend. We will be making a weekend out of it like last time, Watching Red Line on Sunday! Then staying in Bakersfield and Ripping it up on Monday! The top cars on the West Coast scene will be in attendance!

Craig Lieberman has confirmed to do a full video coverage of this event in HD. He is bringing all of his equipment and we will be recording various in car, on car, and trackside HD video. We also have pro photographers coming out to take shots all day. I will do HDR photos of your car near end of day as well (See Sample Pics Below).

- 12+ R35 GTRs Max Private Track Day! (If we get 20 confirmed parties then we will open it up past 12!)
- Total cost of Track, Corner Workers, and Standby Tow will be split between us. (Est $420 Each)
- Cafe is open and stocked for menu orders throughout the day.
- Ride alongs of course!

SPECIAL GUESTS + INVITED GUESTS:

- Sasha Singleton (Import Model - See Pic Below)
- Candace Pitman (Import Model - See Pic Below)
- Jason Kusagaya (GM of Mines USA! Hoping he brings his Mines 370z!)
- Greg Mark of Aeromotions.com (Geek out with him about Aero)
- Alex Gorodji (Author of GTR Book, know something about GTRs? New Performance book coming out in Fall)
- Bryan Hise from JRZ Suspension (Thinking of getting the JRZ setup? Do it now so he can help tune it at the track!)
- Fly, shoots for MaxPower, TopGear, ADDX
- A crew from Garage419.com filming for an episode
- Invited Stay Overs from Red Line Time Attack!
- More Surprise Guests!

MORNING STUFF PLANNED:

- Driver meeting 8am
- Two group, lead follow, slow/fast groups
- OPEN TRACK! RIP IT UP!

AFTERNOON PLANS, AFTER LUNCH, ALL DAY:

- All GTRs running on track at same time for video coverage and pictures!
- Pictures with everyone and their cars. Group Pics, Models, etc!
- Various HD cams mounted on different cars for coverage of different vehicles on track!
- OPEN TRACK! RIP IT UP!

LATE AFTERNOON:

- BIKINI CAR WASH STARING SASHA SINGLETON AND CANDACE PITMAN! WHOO!
- POSSIBLE YELLOW THONGS BUT WE HOPE NOT!
- OPEN TRACK! RIP IT UP!

TRACK CLOSE AT 5PM:

- GROUP DINNER DOWN THE FREEWAY A BIT! PARTY TIME!

---

If you are interested in this event, post here and I'll add you to the list after confirming.

The current confirmed lineup:

1. Kunani (Darin) R35
2. LilPayne (Chris) R35
3. Neo (John W) R35
4. Z06 (Jonathan S) R35
5. 700credit (Matt B) R35
6. SSP Performance (Kris) R35
7. Greg S (Greg S) R35
8. Peter KL (Peter K) R35
9. Terrance (Payne's Friend) R35
10. Axis007 (James C) R35
11. Tyndago (Sean M) R32.4
12. Z06-GTR (Hani) R35

Non GTR Standby List:

1. Edwin Reeser (Twin Turbo G35!)

---

What we need, one or more of us should bring:

- Tools, Jack
- Top off Mobil 1, Power Steering, Brake fluid
- Brake Temp Stickers
- Extra Helmets

I will be taking prepayment by credit card before this event. More details posted as we get closer to the event date.

---

SASHA SINGLETON:
Posted Image

CANDACE PITMAN:
Posted Image

HDR PROCESSED PHOTO OF BUDEZ GTR, I'LL DO HDR ON ALL 12 GTRS!
Posted Image

VIDEOS OF PREVIOUS GTR TRACK DAY ROUND 1:

GTR Battle: FINAL from Craig Lieberman on Vimeo.

---

GTR's @ Buttonwillow from Dilan Bandaranayake on Vimeo.

---

---

As Round 1 Drivers will confirm, you will get tons of track time, more than any other event out there! Anyone is welcome to come watch! Bring your cameras cause there aint no party like a WEST COAST PARTY!!!

SPECIAL THANKS TO NAGTROC, 2009GTR.COM, GTRBLOG.COM, GTRCENTER.NET for their support in promoting our track day!

Edited by Kunani, 24 March 2009 - 11:38 AM.

#2 jmunjr

jmunjr

NISMO Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5184 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:42 PM

Is LilPayne going to be washing your cars too ?
2009 Nissan GT-R, Premium Edition, Gunmetal/Black, Clear front & rear markers, HKS resonated mid-pipe, JRZ RS Pro Silent Coilovers, Forged sway bars, Alcon Superkit BBK, Kognition rear wing, Aeromotions front splitter, BSE transmission cooler, DIY front brake cooling ducts, flatulence-infused seat cushions

#3 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:44 PM

Is LilPayne going to be washing your cars too ?

I'm not sure if he will fit in the very skimpy outfits we are making for the girls.

But if he does, I would not want to see such things! I'll bet we will get a dance out of him though, no doubt!

#4 Shinkaze

Shinkaze

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

I'm suppose to be out there shooting Redline Time Attack anyways, so I might stay another night.... If I can line up a set of track shoes, then I'll be all over it.
-adam
Posted Image
@Shinkaze

#5 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:59 PM

I'm suppose to be out there shooting Redline Time Attack anyways, so I might stay another night.... If I can line up a set of track shoes, then I'll be all over it.

Great look forward to meeting you. Most of the guys like the Dunlops if you have them. My street tires as well as Paynes held up really well last time, you may not need to swap. (Assuming you have stockers and not 22s :thumbsup:

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:05 PM

My monster will emerge fr this meet and depending on how development on our newest stage of modifications forthe car (now 650 whp was not enough) we may be at Redline on the 28 and 29th as well. If she survives both events unharmed I think it will go a long way in proving what the transmission in a GTR in a road coarse situation can handle. Password JDm will also be helping and we should have a new peice or two to show you guys .... our only issue right now is tires so if anyone has a good relationship to gt some r comps asap pm me... I know Darin and I have been fighting with this for awhile, but getting these tires really will change the gtr tuning game drasttically!

We have trans options nearly ready for market, but have decided after months of investigation that the trans should hold as long as you are not using launch control or doing lots of hard acceleration from a dead stop (we will be dialing the hp and torque back due to the fact that tire look to be a problem at the moment). We have a few peices we might pu in place to ease the transmissions burden but will be leaving the internals alone until after this meet just for the purposes of testing.

I have been looking forward to this event since I left Buttonwillow after the last event. It really will be a memerable day and it is the perfect track for those who may not be too comfortable on the track or or tracking their cars for the first time.

If anyone would like some time in my car even if they dont have a GTR PM me. Last time a great guy spent the day with myself and our pro driver getting hotlaps around the track and if anamoly is around I think he will tell you it was wellw orth the trip.

Also, I will be bringing my traqmate data aquisition system with me and so if anyone is serious about getting verified lap times in let me know and we can talk.

Thanks again Darin for being a real force in the west coast gtr world (we really need to get you a helmet like mine ;) !

#7 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

Jonathan, check your PM about the Toyos :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing this new beast of yours! About the Helmet, I think that is a one of a kind man. No competition on that one! LOL!

Edited by Kunani, 01 March 2009 - 11:13 PM.

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:22 PM

I'll let you nd lilpayne sport it ;)

It was just a crazy ideas shawn and I came up with..there wil be mor ein fact we are working on another one that may be ready for this event... PM me if you have any ideas on what would look cool snce you have seen V1.

Thanks for the PM... always helps me when I am down... good man!

#9 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:43 PM

LilPayne just called and has a new buddy with a black GTR that did a canyon run with him today. Terrance, he is in! Only a few slots available now.

R32 Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:38 AM

lilpayne is coming... that should be enough... well that and the ladies shown above help a bit... but lilpayne+dancemoves+gtrs+beauties= best time you have ever had!

#11 Neoseven

Neoseven

SpecV Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:41 AM

Can't wait. Going to be another fun event. Definitely going to be a fun, exciting weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone there again. I will be bringing tools and a floor jack again of course. And one extra helmet.

Interesting note, my GT-R has no power mods. I had intended to run on stock street tires at this event, the Dunlops again. The only changes to my car from the last time out will be some new custom suspension parts from Gillis Motorsports. I will still be running the same Amuse aero and exhaust, Carbotech pads, and AP racing rotors and my same custom brake ducting with new Gillis Motorsports backing plates. So, basically, if you read Redline's official rules, my GT-R should be running in Street AWD class. Unfortunately, after talking to the guys at Redline, apparently, even a stock GT-R without a single modification done to it, has to run in modified class not street class.

Regarding tires and R compounds for the GT-R, still nothing available that I can find in a 20" size. I keep hearing about the Toyo's, but I guess nothing yet. Anyone know of a tried and tested 19" r compound for the GT-R? Wasn't COBB running a 19" wheel on their car at Superlap? I didn't really want to go down to a 19" wheel since I already own two sets of 20" wheels for the track but if we just aren't going to be able to get R comps for the GT-R in 20s, 19" wheels may be the best track solution.

#12 jmunjr

jmunjr

NISMO Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5184 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:19 AM

Damn I'm almost tempted to drive out there from Houston for this one... My skills aren't quite ready yet though...
2009 Nissan GT-R, Premium Edition, Gunmetal/Black, Clear front & rear markers, HKS resonated mid-pipe, JRZ RS Pro Silent Coilovers, Forged sway bars, Alcon Superkit BBK, Kognition rear wing, Aeromotions front splitter, BSE transmission cooler, DIY front brake cooling ducts, flatulence-infused seat cushions

#13 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:50 AM

So, basically, if you read Redline's official rules, my GT-R should be running in Street AWD class. Unfortunately, after talking to the guys at Redline, apparently, even a stock GT-R without a single modification done to it, has to run in modified class not street class.

I think because the GTR's transmission which makes it fall under modified class.

Silva may be running 19s. Couple of the VIR guys had 19s, Sharif and Derek I believe.

#14 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:52 AM

Damn I'm almost tempted to drive out there from Houston for this one... My skills aren't quite ready yet though...

If you don't want to drive, get on a plane and rent a car to drive up to the track. Being there is going to be half the fun :thumbsup:

#15 jmunjr

jmunjr

NISMO Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5184 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:11 AM

If you don't want to drive, get on a plane and rent a car to drive up to the track. Being there is going to be half the fun :thumbsup:

That's like going to a strip club without any money.

#16 Justice

Justice

Sobchak Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3531 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:45 AM

Its "ILL" payne.

Sounds like a great event. Too bad I live on the other coast, and don't have a GTR.
14 Premium White/Red 2100 miles (for sale)
14 Premium Gray/Red 4700 miles (for sale)

#17 ShahulX

ShahulX

Who Dat !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7797 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:37 AM

about 3 gtr's at vir were running on 19's (volk r30's)and toyo R888's... A couple had the ds2500 pads and "underpressure" was using carbotech 12's I think ... Man, wish I wasn't 3000 miles away LOL ...

Current car : 2011 Boxster Spyder- (6MT, cf sport buckets, sport chrono, pagid yellows, gt3 brake ducts, fabspeed race) Audi B6 S4 cab (sprint blue), 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited

Former cars: 2009 NISSAN GTR PREMIUM ( Delivered !! 8/05/08 Ivory Pearl with Black leather )
2010 Evolution X, MK6 VW Gti, Subaru Outback and Forester XT 5mt, evolution 8 gsr, 94 supra, tsx 6mt, 2 preludes, rsx type S, 99 & 01 miatas, ridgeline, passport, integra, 06 accord, 07 crv, 00 eclipse gt

[/b]
[/color]

#18 Bullo

Bullo

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1818 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:24 AM

Looks like so much fun. Man I can't wait for the weather to warm up.
Posted Image

#19 Greg S.

Greg S.

Happy in Hermosa

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1534 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:25 AM

LilPayne just called and has a new buddy with a black GTR that did a canyon run with him today. Terrance, he is in! Only a few slots available now.

Terrence? As in "malteselover?" Cool.

Terrrence, you're gonna love this.
2013 BE in Pearl White; Xpel clear bra, tint & ClearPlex windshield protection<br />Aeromotions front splitter; Schroth 4-pt ASM w/Sparco harness bar<br />AMS catless DPs; 102mm GTC Titan titanium Exhaust; GotBoost intake kit, GotBoost I/C pipping,<br />SIR 1150cc injectors, AEM 320lph fuel pumps & hardwire harness;<br />SIR USM Turbos; Titek Wastegates; GT1R Oil/Water Separator<br />COBB AP -- Flex Fuel tune by Jon Drenas/5150

#20 Kunani

Kunani

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:31 AM

Terrence? As in "malteselover?" Cool.

Terrrence, you're gonna love this.

Not sure, ask Payne. They met in an odd way, IN THE REAL WORLD.. weird eh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users