Photo
- - - - -

UPDATED Day #2 - Today's testing & development session w/ the Haltech ecu.

114 replies to this topic

#1 underpressure

underpressure

www.goturnstop.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

Posted Image

Standard conversion from Dyno Dynamics Shootout mode to DynoJet is ~12-13%.

USDM cars. Series II cars.
EDM and AUDM should be the same.
We are arranging testing to confirm.

These are all repeatable runs.
BP 93 fuel

Cobb and Haltech runs were at the approx the same boost level.
Cobb was a little bit higher actually.

Early July for a realistic release date.
Taking pre-orders now. 50% down.
There are no official pre-orders thru Haltech.
Pricing is $3199-

Would suggest running it with the Haltech dual channel wideband for closed loop.
*no external gauge, just feeds the Haltech*
$349-
Haltech Dual Channel Wideband

Played around a little bit w/ some race fuel:
Posted Image

Edited by underpressure, 11 June 2009 - 04:56 PM.

#2 Davin

Davin

SpecV Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

impressive, what modifications does the haltech car have in this case?

#3 underpressure

underpressure

www.goturnstop.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:33 PM

impressive, what modifications does the haltech car have in this case?

This is my car.
K&N filters
MA-Motorsports full exhaust, turbo back wide open.

That's it.

Edited by underpressure, 10 June 2009 - 03:33 PM.

#4 Kickhard

Kickhard

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

Whoa Nice gains there. Just to be clear what mods are on this car to produce the 527. Also what psi? Looks impressive
Current rides: 2009 Nissan GTR Super Silver-2008 IS-F Star Fire Pearl /Black-2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Old rides: 2006 Chevrolet Silverado SS-2005 Subaru STI Black/Gold wheels-2004 E55 AMG-2004 Ford Lightning-2007 Mini Cooper S-2001 ML55 AMG-1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 800rwhp-1981 Mercedes 280SE euro spec

#5 Davin

Davin

SpecV Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:37 PM

This is my car.
K&N filters
MA-Motorsports full exhaust, turbo back wide open.

That's it.

no actuators? impressive.

do all the stock lcd gauges remain functional? any other changes/compromises to car's factory features/drivability (besides the extra power)?
edit- and is the cobb reference s1 or s2?

#6 yano

yano

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1012 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:45 PM

Posted Image

Standard conversion from Dyno Dynamics Shootout mode to DynoJet is ~12-13%.

USDM cars. Series II cars.
EDM and AUDM should be the same.
We are arranging testing to confirm.

These are all repeatable runs.
BP 93 fuel

Cobb and Haltech runs were at the approx the same boost level.
Cobb was a little bit higher actually.

Early July for a realistic release date.
Taking pre-orders now. 50% down.
There are no official pre-orders thru Haltech.
Pricing is $3199-

Would suggest running it with the Haltech dual channel wideband for closed loop.
*no external gauge, just feeds the Haltech*
$349-
Haltech Dual Channel Wideband

Played around a little bit w/ some race fuel:
Posted Image

so how does this make so much more HP?

fuel air timing ?

what else does it control?

do you have plans to run it on someones car with actuators, downpipe ypipe, FMIC turbos?

Im pretty blown away by the huge HP improvement

also, how hard or easy is it to tune?

should this still be left in the hands of expert tuners?

does each car have to have its own halltech or can i take my car to any tuner and he can download the maps?

will map sharing come with the price?

Im sure ill have more questions

i feel like that commercial from Nike

hey lebron
hey lebron
hey lebron
leBron
2009 Nissan GT-R
Black/Black
JRZs RS-Pro Silent
PFC Brakes
SSP tranny cooler
SSP oil cooler
Akuma Intake
Willall Fluids
Clear Bra, Tint
next mods Turbo DP MP exhaust 18 or 19" track wheels and tires

2006 Lexus GS 300
2008 Lexus RX 400
2011 Jeep Rubicon on it's way

#7 tyndago

tyndago

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:08 PM

That is a huge gain vs an Accessport. Seems interesting. Power is timing, and fuel. I imagine the Accessport controls and alters both those parameters. Boost is always the bigger thing for a turbo car, but you say its actually less.

A ton of timing down low will wake everything up a bit. So how close to the ragged edge is 527 hp ?

#8 Arsinek

Arsinek

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2127 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

haltech is a complete standalone unit right? seems like this would be a guaranteed warranty void.

#9 STI2EVO2GTR

STI2EVO2GTR

SpecV Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

Wow that is more than a huge differenece

#10 DragoGT-R

DragoGT-R

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1840 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:18 PM

haltech is a complete standalone unit right? seems like this would be a guaranteed warranty void.

One little thing and its void....
AMS GT-R Alpha 9 package

Sold!

First R35 GT-R in the 9's

Video below

Best ET - 9.89
Best MPH - 146.96 MPH

Worlds Fastest Alpha 9 GT-R in the standing mile - 205.3 MPH

#11 MindlessOath

MindlessOath

NISMO Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11288 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:22 PM

Sweet. I remember asking cobb what they thought and they ignored the question. Now I see them reading the thread.

Great job haltech and will!

Can't wait to see upgraded actuators and turbo s etc

#12 nanokpsi

nanokpsi

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

Since the haltech is obviously a full custom tune, is the cobb unit the same? It certainly doesn't look like it. Is the haltech being used to control cam timing on these pulls?

#13 ShahulX

ShahulX

Who Dat !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7797 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

haltech is a custom tune and the cobb is not?

Current car : 2011 Boxster Spyder- (6MT, cf sport buckets, sport chrono, pagid yellows, gt3 brake ducts, fabspeed race) Audi B6 S4 cab (sprint blue), 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited

Former cars: 2009 NISSAN GTR PREMIUM ( Delivered !! 8/05/08 Ivory Pearl with Black leather )
2010 Evolution X, MK6 VW Gti, Subaru Outback and Forester XT 5mt, evolution 8 gsr, 94 supra, tsx 6mt, 2 preludes, rsx type S, 99 & 01 miatas, ridgeline, passport, integra, 06 accord, 07 crv, 00 eclipse gt

[/b]
[/color]

#14 celsius

celsius

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7492 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:11 PM

good #'s Will!

guys, one of the benefits of the Haltech is that it's so much QUICKER to actually tune and you can make changes while the car is running (atleast on the E6K you could), but you need a laptop to plug into it. With the Cobb AP, you have to stop the car and reflash everytime. Also, the Haltech has the ability to control more parameters than the Cobb AP.

Edited by celsius, 10 June 2009 - 11:12 PM.

TSM Elite Prime (4125lbs w/Audiophile sound / AC, etc.) 

1426 AWHP

8.75 @ 163MPH Tx2k19

190MPH Roll Race Tx2k19

#15 Chinaski

Chinaski

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:45 AM

Being a standalone unit am I right to assume this doesn't suffer from the Boost Cut Limp Mode?

#16 gtr_jrg

gtr_jrg

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:02 AM

just wondering how this would work with turbo upgrades, and such?
2009 Super Silver
Posted Image

#17 Kickhard

Kickhard

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:34 AM

To add to Celsius's comments

Guys just so you know this unit is for serious HP monsters but I am sure you could use it for a stock GTR also once its tuned. By stand alone ECU that means the stock ECU in the car is taken out and replaced with this ECU(haltech) or in some cases it is added inline with the ECU. I am sure Underpressure can elaborate on that. Can you say warranty buster?? If you have to ask how this will affect my warranty then you need to step away from the Haltech box. This is the most envasive of ECU tuning as it gives full control now to you or your tuner.

The big power improvement with this kind of unit usally comes from the tune in timing, boost, and fuel. I am sure you can tune each individual cell(rpm) for timing, fuel etc...... I bet with this ECU you probably get more power from less boost right Underpressure?

I imagine the car comes with a base tune to get you going but as with any standalone ECU it needs to be tuned specifically to your cars mods for safety and full use of the power. Once that is done its game over. Also it will be easier to add mods to. For instance with fuel injectors, once they are physically added to the car all you would have to do is click on the fuel options menu, click on fuel injectors, click on the size and type and the program should automatically add them to everything that messes with fuel. One cool thing is i probably scales the fuel map automatically for the new injector size.

Dont get me wrong though, the cobb AP for what it does at its price is a great deal and value for money but now with this Haltech its like going from going from a lit match to a bonfire.

My main question and I am sure others have hinted at this underpressure is that how much will dirvability be affected. Now I am talking about idle, stalling, idle with the A/C on, Idle when you come to a stop, does the MFD still work? These are the issues that will make or break just any tom and Joe installing this in their car, my experience in the past is this part of the tuning is either spot on , sucks, or is a work in progress that always needs adjusting. Nissan spent alot of time, research and money into this area for good reason .

Cant wait to see this on a car with more serious mods. The gains should be very good from new form of ECU tuning.
Current rides: 2009 Nissan GTR Super Silver-2008 IS-F Star Fire Pearl /Black-2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Old rides: 2006 Chevrolet Silverado SS-2005 Subaru STI Black/Gold wheels-2004 E55 AMG-2004 Ford Lightning-2007 Mini Cooper S-2001 ML55 AMG-1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 800rwhp-1981 Mercedes 280SE euro spec

#18 Mick

Mick

Formerly R35_395

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1069 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:06 AM

To add to Celsius's comments

Guys just so you know this unit is for serious HP monsters but I am sure you could use it for a stock GTR also once its tuned. By stand alone ECU that means the stock ECU in the car is taken out and replaced with this ECU(haltech) or in some cases it is added inline with the ECU. I am sure Underpressure can elaborate on that. Can you say warranty buster?? If you have to ask how this will affect my warranty then you need to step away from the Haltech box. This is the most envasive of ECU tuning as it gives full control now to you or your tuner.

The big power improvement with this kind of unit usally comes from the tune in timing, boost, and fuel. I am sure you can tune each individual cell(rpm) for timing, fuel etc...... I bet with this ECU you probably get more power from less boost right Underpressure?

I imagine the car comes with a base tune to get you going but as with any standalone ECU it needs to be tuned specifically to your cars mods for safety and full use of the power. Once that is done its game over. Also it will be easier to add mods to. For instance with fuel injectors, once they are physically added to the car all you would have to do is click on the fuel options menu, click on fuel injectors, click on the size and type and the program should automatically add them to everything that messes with fuel. One cool thing is i probably scales the fuel map automatically for the new injector size.

Dont get me wrong though, the cobb AP for what it does at its price is a great deal and value for money but now with this Haltech its like going from going from a lit match to a bonfire.

My main question and I am sure others have hinted at this underpressure is that how much will dirvability be affected. Now I am talking about idle, stalling, idle with the A/C on, Idle when you come to a stop, does the MFD still work? These are the issues that will make or break just any tom and Joe installing this in their car, my experience in the past is this part of the tuning is either spot on , sucks, or is a work in progress that always needs adjusting. Nissan spent alot of time, research and money into this area for good reason .

Cant wait to see this on a car with more serious mods. The gains should be very good from new form of ECU tuning.

The original ecu is not taken out, it is plugged into the wiring harness.
You still need the oem ecu to control everything else, Haltech only controls the engine.

Mine is installed and tuned,no more V108b boost cuts and it's really nice in the midrange but now i am doing actuators,injectors, esprit intercooler and G-saurus suction kit.
Once it's done, i will dyno it this time.

#19 Kickhard

Kickhard

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:35 AM

The original ecu is not taken out, it is plugged into the wiring harness.
You still need the oem ecu to control everything else, Haltech only controls the engine.

Mine is installed and tuned,no more V108b boost cuts and it's really nice in the midrange but now i am doing actuators,injectors, esprit intercooler and G-saurus suction kit.
Once it's done, i will dyno it this time.

Cool then that answers why when asked about drivability how no one is complaining. It should be spot on since really then this is an item that kinda splices in or piggy backs. It is unlike the AEM ECU kits then that replaced the whole old ecu. Are you sure about this? Most standalone kits are that "standalone" They are not plugged into factory ECU and run together. You have any directions or something to prove this?

Underpressure is this true?

Edited by Kickhard, 11 June 2009 - 05:38 AM.

#20 Mick

Mick

Formerly R35_395

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1069 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:47 AM

Cool then that answers why when asked about drivability how no one is complaining. It should be spot on since really then this is an item that kinda splices in or piggy backs. It is unlike the AEM ECU kits then that replaced the whole old ecu. Are you sure about this? Most standalone kits are that "standalone" They are not plugged into factory ECU and run together. You have any directions or something to prove this?

Underpressure is this true?

http://www.haltech.c...n...4&Itemid=83

High Performance Fuel and Ignition ECU for Nissan R35 GTR

The next generation in engine management. Purpose built for Nissan's supercar, the Platinum Pro R35 GTR ECU is a fully programmable ECU interfacing directly with all the standard Nissan sensors and on board computer systems, taking control of all the essential engine management tasks such as fuel delivery, ignition timing, boost levels, camshaft positioning and correction maps.

The Platinum Pro R35 GTR ECU even interfaces with the factory Nissan CAN Bus for on board diagnostic and troubleshooting. The Platinum Pro R35 GTR ECU unlocks the limitless potential of Nissan's VR Powerhouse.

When i get home i will post a pic of the huge wiring harness and ecu.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users