• PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

just got my August Option magazine ,

saif

Attached Thumbnails

• Scan10071_45.JPG
  • Scan10072_45.JPG

Edited by saifsaif, 02 July 2009 - 02:48 AM.

#2 toprpm

toprpm

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:31 PM

I have received mine yesterday and saw it.

Really waiting for the result and how high will the engine hold.

Good to see they are working on it.

#3 'Q

'Q

Spec Mi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4308 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:04 PM

Im really getting tempted with these turbo setups.

Facebook Admin/Content Creator:
Facebook.com/MEGTROC

Formerly known as member GT3240x2

#4 MindlessOath

MindlessOath

NISMO Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11288 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:20 PM

so i really dont get how they are going to tune the ecu. i mean dont get me wrong, the world isnt surounded by CObb and haltech... i have seen many japanese ecu's and tuners that tune the r35. none of which are as good or as full a package as the two. then on top of that, how will they avoid the limp modes? and then the subject of driveline. it looks like japan made new LSD's front and rear, sunline made a new seal in the trans (tho its said to not work well at all from members here). and just recently i seen them take the trans fully appart studying it for fixing it up... so we know they are at least keeping up on it.

seeing that the turbos in america have been made to make 700whp give or take (depending on the supporting modifications)... how do these turbos compair to the turbos being modified? not to mention they made all new piping/headers?

#5 nanokpsi

nanokpsi

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:47 PM

so i really dont get how they are going to tune the ecu. i mean dont get me wrong, the world isnt surounded by CObb and haltech... i have seen many japanese ecu's and tuners that tune the r35. none of which are as good or as full a package as the two. then on top of that, how will they avoid the limp modes? and then the subject of driveline. it looks like japan made new LSD's front and rear, sunline made a new seal in the trans (tho its said to not work well at all from members here). and just recently i seen them take the trans fully appart studying it for fixing it up... so we know they are at least keeping up on it.

seeing that the turbos in america have been made to make 700whp give or take (depending on the supporting modifications)... how do these turbos compair to the turbos being modified? not to mention they made all new piping/headers?

Greddy doesn't need to offer a tuning solution. They are just selling a turbo upgrade kit. That is how it always works for factory turbo cars. That is what I have been trying to say about all the vendors coming out with turbo upgrades. They just offer the hard parts and then the fuel and tuning is left to the end user.

The hard parts always come first. The tuning portion is the difficult part. I am sure the HKS package will be finalized soon, and I am sure greddy has something in the works as well. I am sure AEM won't be too far behind either. They don't want to bundle the tuner and the turbo together since the market is there for the turbo upgrades now, and many people want to use their own tuning solution.

The good part about cars theat are turbocharged from the factory is that there will surely be some head room on the parts before you find limits of each system, and the parts can be upgraded as needed.

That being said, we won't know how these turbos compare with the current units on the market untill we get measuremnts of the wheels, and we see how well the headers and turbine housings flow.

#6 Ben Linney

Ben Linney

SpecV Member

• Newbies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:18 AM

Thank god Greedy aren't doing a tuning solution, as their emanage is junk, as were their RB oil pumps (so many cases of cracking), as were their RB gear boxes (want a list?)

The only thing they do well is turbo's and coolers !

Everyone getting carried away by this company forgets they went into liquidation not long ago

Support home grown talent SSP, AMS etc.... UK wise Turbo Dynamics, Honeywell/Garrett and few others have stuff in pipeline, as im sure HKS will do.

#7 Arsinek

Arsinek

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2127 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

supporting american companies is cool, but why not support both? i dont want to see any of the japanese tuning companies go out of business just like i dont want to see american companies go out of business.

really it comes down to good old fashion capitalism, whoever offers the best product for the money is going to get my money.

#8 rsfootball

rsfootball

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2049 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

supporting american companies is cool, but why not support both? i dont want to see any of the japanese tuning companies go out of business just like i dont want to see american companies go out of business.

really it comes down to good old fashion capitalism, whoever offers the best product for the money is going to get my money.

+1

#9 Ben Linney

Ben Linney

SpecV Member

• Newbies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

i agree i'm all for supporting the good one's

but when you see oil pumps crack after a short while normal driving its kinda hard to feel the love

#10 Arsinek

Arsinek

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2127 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:00 PM

sure, if theyre not making a quality product thats on them.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users