30 replies to this topic

#1 Steve2

Steve2

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:04 PM

Teaser pics because you guys have been burning my inbox... we're going to make a few more revisions... this thing is available with MANY options to choose from... you can have Strakes, Brake Cooling Ducts, Sacrificial Delrin Skid Plates, Add on Splitter Extensions.
and a few more bells and bullhorns.

full Dry Carbon that is strategically reinforced with a honeycomb matrix. this is the strongest lip on the market and stable up to 220mph.

this Front Lip has gone toe to toe with a baseball bat... sadly to say, the Lip WON! the baseball bat looks like shit now. :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by [email protected], 14 July 2009 - 06:05 PM.

#2 illpayne

illpayne

Dream Crusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2798 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

If I get that I won't be able to park in my driveway anymore... I'm really liking it

Edited by illpayne, 14 July 2009 - 06:09 PM.

My Blog

follow me on twitter: illpayne

follow me on Instagram: illpayne

Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is.

2009 Midnight Purple 3 GTR - SOLD

1990 Gunmetal Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R

#3 Steve2

Steve2

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:14 PM

If I get that I won't be able to park in my driveway anymore... I'm really liking it

yeah you can... you'll just plow it up the drive way... and back out again. its that simple :) ...and when the sacrificial delrin skid plate wears down... just replace those. this bottom of this lip is pretty damn strong. i engineered this lip off of the one i made for my Lambo 2 years ago... i scraped everywhere i went on purpose... to test the lip. i even had the front end lift, i just didnt bother using it. the lip on the lambo is still looking sharp.

#4 Yupkwondo

Yupkwondo

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

"Tommy Likey, Tommy want wingy" ..... err lippy

#5 illpayne

illpayne

Dream Crusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2798 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

Alright Steve you have hooked me in hahaha. I need to check this out in person. I need to see James' car

yeah you can... you'll just plow it up the drive way... and back out again. its that simple :) ...and when the sacrificial delrin skid plate wears down... just replace those. this bottom of this lip is pretty damn strong. i engineered this lip off of the one i made for my Lambo 2 years ago... i scraped everywhere i went on purpose... to test the lip. i even had the front end lift, i just didnt bother using it. the lip on the lambo is still looking sharp.

My Blog

follow me on twitter: illpayne

follow me on Instagram: illpayne

Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is.

2009 Midnight Purple 3 GTR - SOLD

1990 Gunmetal Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R

#6 Steve2

Steve2

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

Alright Steve you have hooked me in hahaha. I need to check this out in person. I need to see James' car

we are revising it a bit. the overall design is the same... the change will be the pitch angle.

here is a picture shown with one version of the add-on splitter extension.

Posted Image

Edited by [email protected], 14 July 2009 - 06:24 PM.

#7 tyndago

tyndago

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

I like that you beat up your parts to test them. Nothing is forever, but its nice if they at least last a few hits.

Lets see any of the Japanese companies do the same thing.

#8 aliasvfx

aliasvfx

R35 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:56 PM

ask and u shall receive YA !!!

#9 Ev0H8t3r

Ev0H8t3r

GOTZIRA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

WE are not worthy! man I cant wait! you are truely the MAN! ERR I wish I was moving ot a warm weather state, damn MA to MI...lol

#10 yano

yano

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1012 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:11 PM

holy smokes you guys are blowing it out with your products

lets see how much can you get selling plasma and sperm now a days?
2009 Nissan GT-R
Black/Black
JRZs RS-Pro Silent
PFC Brakes
SSP tranny cooler
SSP oil cooler
Akuma Intake
Willall Fluids
Clear Bra, Tint
next mods Turbo DP MP exhaust 18 or 19" track wheels and tires

2006 Lexus GS 300
2008 Lexus RX 400
2011 Jeep Rubicon on it's way

#11 moosety2008

moosety2008

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

May we ask the price please?
"They didn't build a new car... They built a new yard stick!"

#12 xwing

xwing

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

This design of front spoiler with splitter, and brake ducting (can hoses hook up to it to have airflow always direct onto/near rotor center?) is the best I've seen for our cars yet. Congrats on a very good looking/functional looking product!

#13 MindlessOath

MindlessOath

NISMO Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11288 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

godlike!

we need some attachments like these: http://www.turnermot...ngplates_lg.jpg
http://home.online.n.....cooling 2.jpg
or this
http://forums.pelica...21232972474.jpg

Truly awesome work!

#14 Steve2

Steve2

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:35 PM

This design of front spoiler with splitter, and brake ducting (can hoses hook up to it to have airflow always direct onto/near rotor center?) is the best I've seen for our cars yet. Congrats on a very good looking/functional looking product!

thanks!!! the brake ducts shown here are the street version for guys who are a bit aggressive with moderate track use only. this can be purchased seperately and can be used with the stock front lip or any other aftermarket lip that maintained the "ramp" before the wheels. mounting this duct on a stock front lip was fairly simple and can be done in about 30 mins/side.
this is our first version... and not too shabby for being a first attempt on such a magnificent car. we will be releasing a pro/track junkie version in a bit. there are a bit more complexities because of the awd mechanics (mainly the front drive shafts). those will be released in due time. plan on paying the piper for those since the engineering is a bit more complicated and the fact that it will have more than a dozen components to each kit. the pro version will have a backing plate, that was always part of the original plan. the reason why the pro version didnt get the green light yet, is mainly because i haven't decided to build myself a GTR race car yet.

regarding rotor temps... rotors really only get extremely hot when the brakes are applied... and that usually only happens when you need to slow down in a hurry like right before a turn. on any race track... there are plenty of turns both left and right for this ducting system to be functional. even without the turning, with the calculated size of the scoop, the location of the opening... the amount of air being forced to the inside of the wheels is more than sufficient to get the job done. also the fact that this design makes great use of all that dirty (turbulent) air in front of the tires to cool down the brakes also improves frontal downforce as well. on any car thats tested in the wind tunnel... you will see a bit of recirculation at that spot.

any more questions??? this Q&A session is about to shut down for the night... i need to run upstairs to tap the wife's ass in a bit.

#15 Steve2

Steve2

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:43 PM

I like that you beat up your parts to test them. Nothing is forever, but its nice if they at least last a few hits.

Lets see any of the Japanese companies do the same thing.

sean... you have no idea what kinds of abuse PWJDM products take on a daily basis... there's some footage of us dropping products off a 22 foot high roof for shits and giggles... i have kicked my lambo at car meets just to demonstrate the strength of our designs.

i agree, nothing is forever.... but it sure is nice to know that our stuff is pretty much one of the best there is. i really think this lip can out last at least half a dozen bats or so... with approx 15-20 blows each. honeycomb is a really great way of strengthening composites.

japs are not usually that violent of a people... they used to be aggressive, but that was really only on dec 7 1942... i think...

#16 David_Yu

David_Yu

R34 Member

• Media
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1403 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:56 AM

Waiting for proper full pics, but these look very promising, especially the brake ducts.

Have they been wind-tunnel tested? Net effect on overall drag and downforce?
Presumably if it is that effective at increasing front downforce you need to balance it up with a suitable rear wing?
Posted ImageShare your ownership experience on www.auto-journals.com ! Easy to use, great to read: Real Life with Cars

#17 ShahulX

ShahulX

Who Dat !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7797 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:51 AM

Looks good... I like the durability , let me know when you have the "track version" , I'll replace my amuse lip once I destroy it some more

Current car : 2011 Boxster Spyder- (6MT, cf sport buckets, sport chrono, pagid yellows, gt3 brake ducts, fabspeed race) Audi B6 S4 cab (sprint blue), 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited

Former cars: 2009 NISSAN GTR PREMIUM ( Delivered !! 8/05/08 Ivory Pearl with Black leather )
2010 Evolution X, MK6 VW Gti, Subaru Outback and Forester XT 5mt, evolution 8 gsr, 94 supra, tsx 6mt, 2 preludes, rsx type S, 99 & 01 miatas, ridgeline, passport, integra, 06 accord, 07 crv, 00 eclipse gt

[/b]
[/color]

#18 [email protected]

[email protected]

R34 Member

• International Vendor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:48 PM

Steve

You know were your sending #2 right? :wavey:

2013 R35 BE
Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com

#19 PeterKL

PeterKL

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:38 PM

Can't wait Steve. Please let me know when I can come by.
07 GT3
09 GTR

#20 Ev0H8t3r

Ev0H8t3r

GOTZIRA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:11 PM

いくら ですか?!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic