26 replies to this topic

#1 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4610 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:49 PM

Bought this very cool product from www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/. $127.40 delivered to my door. It takes about 2.5 hours to install, and the install is very easy.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Here's the install:
1. Remove your front spoiler
2. Install the foil antenna onto the bumper cover, just above where the spoiler mounts in the recess shown.

Posted Image

3. Run the antenna wire that attaches to the black box control module up into the engine compartment. Attach to the antenna and insulate connection with supplied black rubberized tape.

Posted Image

4. Install the spoiler back on the car.
5. Remove the plastic trim cover for the brake master cylinder.
6. Mount the black control module where shown.

Posted Image

7. Install ground wire. (I used lug wire end and installed to relay box bolt)
8. Hook up antenna wire to black box. (I had to lengthen this wire approx 2 feet, soldered and heat shrinked)

Posted Image

9. Run both beeper wire and 12 volt wire into cars interior via the rubber grommet in the firewall next to master cylinder.
10. Mount the beeper onto the firewall by the rubber grommet. (inside the interior)

Posted Image

11. Mount the push button switch at a location convenient to push. I mounted mine here, under the steering wheel.

Posted Image

12. On one side of the switch, mount a switched 12 volt source, (active 12 volts when ignition on) Easy to find a terminal at the fuse panel on the side of the drivers foot-well. On the other switch terminal, mount the red power wire you fed through the grommet in the firewall.

YOU ARE DONE!

To use, you switch the black push button on before you come close to a curb, building, etc. The device will beep once telling you it's on and then progressively beep faster and faster until it turns into a solid beep/tone when you are approx 6"-8" from the obstruction. It works awesome!!
'09 GT-R titanium:
Follow My Build Here: http://www.gtrlife.c...__fromsearch__1

Innovative GT-R products at their finest

Posted Image

www.gotboostperformance.com
[email protected]
email and paypal

Posted Image

#2 toprpm

toprpm

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:26 PM

Nice,

Am ordering it now for sure. Thanks for sharing it.

#3 avanti5010

avanti5010

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

Great job. Mine should be here shortly. Your pix and description should help quite a bit. Thanks.

#4 GTRRR35

GTRRR35

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:49 AM

nice write up , going to do this soon!

#5 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4610 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:06 AM

Great job. Mine should be here shortly. Your pix and description should help quite a bit. Thanks.

No Bill thank you! You are the one who pointed this device was out there in the first place! :)
'09 GT-R titanium:

Posted Image

[email protected]
email and paypal

Posted Image

#6 d-pak

d-pak

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:24 AM

Fantastic job. sound like a very economical, quick but useful solution. Alas, I already have a front camera. :irock:

Is it possible for you to post a video with it in action?

Edited by d-pak, 24 September 2009 - 09:24 AM.

#7 Harrison

Harrison

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3532 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:55 PM

so how many of you here have scratched or scraped the front bumper? Just wondering, cuz I scraped it and I had it for less than 2 months. *sigh* but I'm definetely ordering this, especially since Ill be getting front spoiler soon.
Posted Image

#8 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4610 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:50 PM

I just wanted to give anyone interested an update on how well this device is working and I can say flawlessly. For the past 6 weeks I've been using it a couple times a day and everytime I'm about 6" from the parking curb when it goes to a solid beep. Hasn't let me down yet. A great product for $127 bucks.
'09 GT-R titanium:

Posted Image

[email protected]
email and paypal

Posted Image

#9 David_Yu

David_Yu

R34 Member

• Media
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1403 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:57 AM

Hmm, so for an aftermarket front splitter like the Auto Select or Amuse one it will only be about an inch away when the tone goes solid? Pretty close!
Posted ImageShare your ownership experience on www.auto-journals.com ! Easy to use, great to read: Real Life with Cars

#10 zeyd

zeyd

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:12 AM

GREAT post !

Do you have the same system for rear section ?

#11 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4610 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:19 AM

Hmm, so for an aftermarket front splitter like the Auto Select or Amuse one it will only be about an inch away when the tone goes solid? Pretty close!

No, it all depends how close you can mount the antenna to the most protruding part of the aftermarket spoiler. On the stock spoiler it's very close to the very front but that may not be feasible on some aftermarket ones.
'09 GT-R titanium:

Posted Image

[email protected]
email and paypal

Posted Image

#12 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4610 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:20 AM

GREAT post !

Do you have the same system for rear section ?

I do not but it would be possible to do it.
'09 GT-R titanium:

Posted Image

[email protected]
email and paypal

Posted Image

#13 David_Yu

David_Yu

R34 Member

• Media
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1403 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:18 PM

I do not but it would be possible to do it.

I think some guys in the UK looked into this but apparently there is too much metalwork in the rear bumper that interferes with the unit. Maybe still worth a try though?

So on the front, it picks up obstacles only a few inches high, i.e. kerbs and those "helpful" concrete parking strips some car parks have?
That's very useful!
Posted ImageShare your ownership experience on www.auto-journals.com ! Easy to use, great to read: Real Life with Cars

#14 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4610 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:57 PM

So on the front, it picks up obstacles only a few inches high, i.e. kerbs and those "helpful" concrete parking strips some car parks have?
That's very useful!

Yeah, It will pick up something just a couple of inches off the ground. Parking strips are not a problem.
'09 GT-R titanium:

Posted Image

[email protected]
email and paypal

Posted Image

#15 zeyd

zeyd

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:56 PM

just ordered front and rear ...will try to mount both

#16 Darkelf_99

Darkelf_99

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

Hi All,

I had front and rear of these sensors installed a few weeks ago and i thought i would share my thoughts as well. Unfortunately, i have been quite disappointed with them...yes they do work, but i would say inconsistently and not very accurately. For example, if i backed up to a wall, sometimes the sensor sounds, sometimes it doesn't. The corners are especially bad, in some cases i would have hit the wall before the sensor came on, in other cases the final "flat" tone comes on literally centimeters from the wall as if the sensor suddenly woke up to realize i was going to hit the wall. The same goes for the front corners. The front centre, however, is TOO sensitive, i.e. i get the final tone about a foot from the wall, which means i now keep moving for a bit even when the tone sounds. So, although it works and i am glad i dont have to drill holes in my bumpers, it is not entirely confidence inspiring. Oh and i had my GTR tuner install it so pls don't ask me details on the placement of the sensor, etc but he did extensive testing while installing it and could only come up with this configuration...

#17 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4610 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:36 PM

Hi All,

I had front and rear of these sensors installed a few weeks ago and i thought i would share my thoughts as well. Unfortunately, i have been quite disappointed with them...yes they do work, but i would say inconsistently and not very accurately. For example, if i backed up to a wall, sometimes the sensor sounds, sometimes it doesn't. The corners are especially bad, in some cases i would have hit the wall before the sensor came on, in other cases the final "flat" tone comes on literally centimeters from the wall as if the sensor suddenly woke up to realize i was going to hit the wall. The same goes for the front corners. The front centre, however, is TOO sensitive, i.e. i get the final tone about a foot from the wall, which means i now keep moving for a bit even when the tone sounds. So, although it works and i am glad i dont have to drill holes in my bumpers, it is not entirely confidence inspiring. Oh and i had my GTR tuner install it so pls don't ask me details on the placement of the sensor, etc but he did extensive testing while installing it and could only come up with this configuration...

As some have said, the rear may have too much metal around the antenna placement. The front on mine has worked perfect so far, 6-8" from a parking curb when it goes to a solid tone.
'09 GT-R titanium:

Posted Image

[email protected]
email and paypal

Posted Image

#18 Adamantium

Adamantium

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:02 AM

Thought I'd bring this up to the top as it's a great idea assuming it works.

I think it is foolish to even hope the rear one would work, so I wouldn't waste my time.

For the front, I assume there is a level of calibration that can be performed but even if not. knowing that a fixed tone is 12 inches away is good enough. Unless I am seriously short on space, I'm not sure how much closer than 12 inches I'd need to be.

Even if it was required, at least you know with certainty where the obstacle is in relation to the car.

Dave, if you are still around, did you stick the antenna around the corners on the front lip, or only on the front facing section of the lip?

#19 ATL_GT-R

ATL_GT-R

<"))))><

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3706 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

There are better solutions available now, since this thread was started ~ 3 years ago. I would check out the car kit company front camera solution.

'10 Alpha12 l TSM
'13 Midnight Opal

-------------------------

#20 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4610 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

Thought I'd bring this up to the top as it's a great idea assuming it works.

I think it is foolish to even hope the rear one would work, so I wouldn't waste my time.

For the front, I assume there is a level of calibration that can be performed but even if not. knowing that a fixed tone is 12 inches away is good enough. Unless I am seriously short on space, I'm not sure how much closer than 12 inches I'd need to be.

Even if it was required, at least you know with certainty where the obstacle is in relation to the car.

Dave, if you are still around, did you stick the antenna around the corners on the front lip, or only on the front facing section of the lip?

I installed the antenna right above the front lip once I removed the lip.

I use mine all the time and it has never failed me yet!
'09 GT-R titanium:

Posted Image

[email protected]
email and paypal

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users