#1 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25871 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

Nissan Releases New-Spec Nissan GT-R
YOKOHAMA (Oct. 21, 2009) - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the release of the latest version of the Nissan GT-R, which goes on sale on December 7th at Nissan dealers nationwide in Japan. The updated GT-R receives a number of enhancements, including a revised navigation system, recalibrated suspension settings and an improved-flow catalyst system. It is scheduled to go on sale in other global markets beginning next spring.

Nissan GT-R

Since its introduction in the Japanese market in December 2007, the Nissan GT-R has gone through continuous evolution, remaining on the cutting-edge of multi-dimensional performance. The GT-R has also been acclaimed globally, winning more than 50 top awards in various categories since launch. Nissan also supports GT-R owners with exceptional after-sales service.

The latest revisions to GT-R include a new HDD-based CARWINGS navigation system with enhanced entertainment functions. A USB port with iPodģ*1 connectivity allows the driver and passengers to enjoy their favorite music in the car, creating an even more pleasant interior environment. *2

In addition, the GT-Rís suspension has been retuned to offer enhanced, premium quality ride comfort, while still providing the driver with a feeling of direct contact with the road surface. The accuracy of the front shock absorbers and springs has been increased and the stiffness of rear suspension radius rod bushings has been strengthened. Rear diffusers with cooling ducts, previously available only on the GT-R SpecV, have been expanded to non-SpecV models, improving cooling performance around the rear floor area.

The exclusive Nissan GT-R SpecV models receive revised rear shock absorber settings, enhancing the characteristic combination of supple ride comfort and flat, predictable handling. In conjunction with this change, SpecV now comes standard with Dunlop tires. The previously standard Bridgestone tires are available as a factory-installed option.

Finally, both the Nissan GT-R and GT-R SpecV achieve improved low- and mid-range engine response, thanks to newly adopted hexagonal meshed catalyst cells that reduce ventilation/airflow resistance

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#2 Davin

Davin

SpecV Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

nice find! would this be 'series 3' ?

#3 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25871 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:10 PM

yup

no dual canards...... that means that was indeed the SpecM that was spied

2017 SENTRA NISMO

#4 mrmajik2

mrmajik2

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

yup

no dual canards...... that means that was indeed the SpecM that was spied

Or something else all together. Dual canards on a SpecM seams silly considering the focus of the car.

#5 [email protected]

[email protected]

R35 Member

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:23 PM

The press release says a lot but it misses out crucial details that Nissan have already sent to GT-R owners in Japan. For example the Nismo optional MFD...

Also the press site mentions updated photos for the GT-R but damned if I can tell the difference in the photos online...
Posted Image
GTRBlog.com - Your Source for R35 GT-R News

#6 ChrisR35

ChrisR35

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

Cant wait for this to hit the states!
Chris

#7 [email protected]

[email protected]

R35 Member

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

This is what was mailed out to Japanese owners, the last page mentions the '10 model Nismo option. Real blurry unfortunately.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 chinko

chinko

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:40 PM

I wonder how much better the new front cats are. I assume the new cat design will be used for all 4.
09 Nissan DMG/black premium GT-R

#9 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25871 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:11 PM

Or something else all together. Dual canards on a SpecM seams silly considering the focus of the car.

just realized this thing doesnt even have the NACA ducts on the rear skirts.... i guess all that really is for something more higher end. but i guess since they say the SpecM will be about 220K in japan its gotta have something besides different colors lol

2017 SENTRA NISMO

#10 [email protected]

[email protected]

R35 Member

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:32 PM

No response from Nissan on the other rumors or options so far today.... In fact no response from GTR ppl in Japan either...

Wednesday is a common day to have off i suppose....
Posted Image

#11 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25871 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:28 AM

not much to see but here it is!

Posted Image

Posted Image

2017 SENTRA NISMO

#12 Astro

Astro

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:36 AM

Even if it did'nt, generally speaking rich J-folk would probably play squish-squish on the trains to Ginza Nissan to buy it purly in status or fashion anyway...rolf

just realized this thing doesnt even have the NACA ducts on the rear skirts.... i guess all that really is for something more higher end. but i guess since they say the SpecM will be about 220K in japan its gotta have something besides different colors lol

Try this link for more information: http://carscoop.blog...mechanical.html

And some pics: To view better, use your mouse with the "Ctrl" button to zoom in. Or just go to the link for a better view.
2011 Nissan GT-R

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Astro, 21 October 2009 - 02:03 AM.

3rd eye blind but I can still see where I drive...

#13 celsius

celsius

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7504 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:24 AM

Kris & MC, thanks for the update ! Based on those pictures, it looks like "Nissan" is not on the calipers anymore?

*edit* those pics are deceiving ...lol

Edited by celsius, 21 October 2009 - 02:50 AM.

TSM Elite Prime (4125lbs w/Audiophile sound / AC, etc.) 

1426 AWHP

8.75 @ 163MPH Tx2k19

190MPH Roll Race Tx2k19

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:35 AM

Wish US dealer will offer the upgrade package as well ..

#15 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25871 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:45 AM

Kris & MC, thanks for the update ! Based on those pictures, it looks like "Nissan" is not on the calipers anymore?

Posted Image

2017 SENTRA NISMO

#16 celsius

celsius

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7504 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:48 AM

opps :cheers:

TSM Elite Prime (4125lbs w/Audiophile sound / AC, etc.) 

1426 AWHP

8.75 @ 163MPH Tx2k19

190MPH Roll Race Tx2k19

#17 [email protected]

[email protected]

R35 Member

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2318 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:29 AM

Even if it did'nt, generally speaking rich J-folk would probably play squish-squish on the trains to Ginza Nissan to buy it purly in status or fashion anyway...rolf

Try this link for more information: http://carscoop.blog...mechanical.html

And some pics: To view better, use your mouse with the "Ctrl" button to zoom in. Or just go to the link for a better view.
2011 Nissan GT-R

Posted Image

Those pics are from the 2009 update, nothing is updated for 2010 yet as far as I could tell.
Posted Image

#18 Norm McAverage

Norm McAverage

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1304 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:43 AM

I wonder how much better the new front cats are. I assume the new cat design will be used for all 4.

I wonder if there will be an official torque figure increase.
Chapman philosophy: simplify, then add lightness.

Mizuno philosophy: add convenience and technology to gain confidence behind the wheel; make a GT car that's faster than every sports car.

#19 jaspergtr

jaspergtr

NISMO Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7390 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:36 AM

I'm in for buying those new cats on the downpipes...

#20 Chinaski

Chinaski

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:49 AM

So the $84,720 question is will they hike the price again for the new model year?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users