chadegrimsley

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:10 PM

http://www.4wheelsne...will-go-hybrid/

Breaking News: Next-generation Nissan GT-R will go hybrid
Posted ImageAccording to the latest reports from Japan's Best Car Magazine, we found out that the next-generation of the Nissan GT-R will go hybrid. That's right! The next GT-R will come with an electric motor capable to deliver around 160 hp but also with a powerful gasoline engine which will deliver around 440 hp.

This means that the new car will deliver an impressive 600 hp and promises to be a real punch for the sports cars manufacturers and like the current model it will be a rival for every sports car in the world. Unfortunately this are the only details regarding the new model but we promise that we will find out new things and let you know!

[via Best Car]

Edited by chadegrimsley, 10 December 2009 - 02:24 PM.

2009 Nissan GT-R - Premium - Black Obsidian/Black

#2 cmd51231

cmd51231

CMD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1130 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:11 PM

http://www.4wheelsne...will-go-hybrid/

Breaking News: Next-generation Nissan GT-R will go hybrid
According to the latest reports from Japanís Best Car Magazine, we found out that the next-generation of the Nissan GT-R will go hybrid. Thatís right! The next GT-R will come with an electric motor capable to deliver around 160 hp but also with a powerful gasoline engine which will deliver around 440 hp.

This means that the new car will deliver an impressive 600 hp and promises to be a real punch for the sports cars manufacturers and like the current model it will be a rival for every sports car in the world. Unfortunately this are the only details regarding the new model but we promise that we will find out new things and let you know!

Scary... when you consider Nissan doesn't have any hybrid vehicles in their current lineup!!

#3 David_Yu

David_Yu

R34 Member

• Media
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1403 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

There were rumours that the R35 was going to feature electric front wheel drive and conventional RWD, which makes a lot of sense. None of that heavy transaxle and double driveshafts needed.
I welcome it as long as it is still Mizuno-san's baby so it will still drive right.

Ferrari are rumoured to be looking at the same layout, so no reason to assume the result won't be exciting.
Posted ImageShare your ownership experience on www.auto-journals.com ! Easy to use, great to read: Real Life with Cars

#4 REK125

REK125

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2172 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:26 PM

Scary... when you consider Nissan doesn't have any hybrid vehicles in their current lineup!!

The Altima has a hybrid version. Nissan has purchased the hybrid technology from Toyota for the Altima.

Edited by REK125, 10 December 2009 - 02:28 PM.

#5 LuckyEff

LuckyEff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4747 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:38 PM

dont buy it.
Toyota Prado <br />
Mercedes S 400
HYBRID<br />
<br />

#6 Harrison

Harrison

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3532 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

Wow! I like it. And I hope nissan goes through with it. I was really hoping Toyota build the FT-HS concept which was supposed to be hybrid couple of years ago. I would love to see a true hybrid sports car.
Posted Image

#7 Zume_GTR

Zume_GTR

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:55 PM

There is going to be a hell of a lot of press coming soon for Nissan's electric powertrains, you can take that to the bank. We licensed Toyota's synergy hybrid system in return for aspects of our CVT technology and whatever else, but Nissan has considered hybrid systems stop gap tech at best that does not address the very real and imminent enviromental future. The Leaf is going to be a game changer and is just the tip of the iceberg. Copenhagen is going to drive this faster than a lot of people anticipate I think. Not to H/J this thread or anything, but I can't say that I am 100% flabbergasted by the notion of Nissan showcasing that they can do electric performance, because the company from the top man down believes 0 emission is the futurue, and is wisely building a future product portfolio around it. The 0 emission 240sx/silvia RWD sport coupe replacement is real from what I have heard from more than one very legitimate Nissan suit.

Like it or not, I do believe it is coming, even if not on the next gen GTR.
You can call me a "stealer" I don't mind you exposing your ignorance. You can quiz me on the R35 GTR as well, don't mind disproving mine

2009 Nissan 370z Touring 6speed w/ sport package, syncro-match downshift

Chicane Yellow / Graphite

#8 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26036 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:00 PM

There were rumours that the R35 was going to feature electric front wheel drive and conventional RWD

your exactly right, i was just about to bring this up

also didnt the infiniti essence concept have this???

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#9 AndyN

AndyN

R32 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:02 PM

hmm.. likely MSRP well above $100k then? Audi's concept E-tron R4 convertible concept also looks like a winner. I'm glad zero emmision doesn't mean loss of performance. As for the concept pictured above, might be just me but I think it screams Tiburon.

Carbon Footprint: 2010 Gunmetal GTR
Carbon Offset: 2011 Silver Leaf SL-QC

RIP Matthew. Please visit www.teammatthew.org and learn how you could save a life.

#10 chadegrimsley

chadegrimsley

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:02 PM

There is going to be a hell of a lot of press coming soon for Nissan's electric powertrains, you can take that to the bank. We licensed Toyota's synergy hybrid system in return for aspects of our CVT technology and whatever else, but Nissan has considered hybrid systems stop gap tech at best that does not address the very real and imminent enviromental future. The Leaf is going to be a game changer and is just the tip of the iceberg. Copenhagen is going to drive this faster than a lot of people anticipate I think. Not to H/J this thread or anything, but I can't say that I am 100% flabbergasted by the notion of Nissan showcasing that they can do electric performance, because the company from the top man down believes 0 emission is the futurue, and is wisely building a future product portfolio around it. The 0 emission 240sx/silvia RWD sport coupe replacement is real from what I have heard from more than one very legitimate Nissan suit.

Like it or not, I do believe it is coming, even if not on the next gen GTR.

I understand everything you are talking about, and that's part of the reason I'm confused by this information. Ghosn makes it clear that Nissan doesn't want to try the Hybrid thing, but wants to go all-electric. So why a hybrid GT-R? Another reason why I questioned it is because none of it seems like a good source, it seems like it was just made up. I figured somebody would've mentioned this if it was credible. So is Nissan wanting to go all-electric still, but may consider using hybrid technology for performance? Because that's what Ferrari's intentions are with hybrid - performance.

2009 Nissan GT-R - Premium - Black Obsidian/Black

#11 Davin

Davin

SpecV Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:04 PM

interesting. wouldnt take it as fact just yet, but i definitely see things moving in that direction ..eventually

#12 NissanGTR

NissanGTR

R34 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1011 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

That picture is Beautiful!! Hope it looks like that.
2013 GT-<span style='color: #ff0000'>R </span><span style='color: #0000cd'>Aurora Flare Blue Pearl</span>(Sold)2014 370Z <span style='color: #0000ff'>Midnight Blue</span>(Sold)2009 GT-<span style='color: #ff0000'>R</span> <span style='color: #daa520'>Titanium </span>(Sold)

#13 d-pak

d-pak

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:17 PM

Essence, which is a working prototype.

#14 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26036 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:21 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

2017 SENTRA NISMO

#15 Bullo

Bullo

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1818 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

I am not sure about a hybrid sports car, but if any manufacturer car produce a proper electric sports car, that can have enough charge to last 200-300 miles, I would certainly buy it.
Posted Image

#16 LuckyEff

LuckyEff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4747 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:18 PM

I am not sure about a hybrid sports car, but if any manufacturer car produce a proper electric sports car, that can have enough charge to last 200-300 miles, I would certainly buy it.

that will require some sort of reactor in a car.....200-300 miles is a lot
Toyota Prado <br />
Mercedes S 400
HYBRID<br />
<br />

#17 BoostCrzy

BoostCrzy

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1351 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:23 PM

....Im liking this....I can start using my RC car experience to tune the electrics..... ;)

-Jack
- Jack Cecil -

#18 thebishman

thebishman

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:27 PM

Essence, which is a working prototype.

My son and I saw the Essence last year at Goodwood Festival of Speed. Drop dead gorgeous both outside and in.

Bish

#19 HKYStormFront

HKYStormFront

NAGTROC Photography

• Media
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:28 PM

i'm all for it except it will probably add weight to an already heavy car...
06 Frontier Nismosis 6spd - Uprev Tuned: 257whp & 292 ft lbs

09 Pontiac G8 GXP M6 // Sunroof // Tint... for now :)

JPMcG Photography <-- go here!

Shift_Photography

#20 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26036 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:41 PM

how would you mod it? like wouldnt more power to the gas motor via tune exhaust whatever really throw things off with the electric motor if they each control different parts of the AWD?

2017 SENTRA NISMO

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users