Photo
- - - - -

Stillen Front Splitter - Built Tonka Tough...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pi-man

pi-man

OnTrack Maniac

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1654 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:21 PM

I ended up getting a little loose through the climbing esses at VIR last week. Reviewing my options of either making the next left and possibly not being able to pull right around the last turn, I decided to just let it run straight and keep from heading off track to the Villas. I figured it was the safer of my two options at that point.

I ended up with 2 wheels off over the last strip of curbing at the top. It grabbed my front splitter, balled it up into a pretzel and spit it out the back of the car. Other than being a little scraped up and my KAE paint flaking off, it's in good shape. Stillen said they designed it to be flexible just for this purpose, if you hit something on track, it can simply bend and then flex back into shape instead of cracking. Worked just like they said it would...

If you watch the rear camera closely at about 0:20, you can see it shoot out the back end.

#2 [email protected]

[email protected]

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12530 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:14 PM

Speechless.

Sharif Abdelbaset | GM | Calibrator | Driving Instructor
[email protected]
498 Cobb Parkway South, Marietta GA 30060
Forged Performance will meet or beat any competitors pricing!

#3 35R

35R

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:43 PM

what if it gets caught under your front wheels?

#4 pi-man

pi-man

OnTrack Maniac

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1654 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:49 PM

Speechless.

:irock:

#5 seanm

seanm

GTR Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5335 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:27 AM

Nice. There are some definite advantages to urethane over other products for the lowest most furthest forward portion of your car.

Sean Morris

#6 pi-man

pi-man

OnTrack Maniac

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1654 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:37 PM

Nice. There are some definite advantages to urethane over other products for the lowest most furthest forward portion of your car.

Yeah, the urethane worked just like the website said it would. It's a little hard to see on YouTube but the HD video I got shows it balled up like a pretzel when it shot out the back. Obviously, the paint flaked off parts of it and it's a little scraped but it's not broken or torn at all. Still completely useable. I should have it back on the car this weekend getting ready for Summit on the 13th.

#7 1Day

1Day

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:20 AM

Wow i didn't even notice that until you pointed it out..wow that's crazy awesome.
2010 Red Premium GT-R (SOLD, Looking for MY 2013 in India)

Mods
====
1)AP Racing J-Hook Rotors 2)XP12 Pads [Changed from XP8s after 9.5 track days & 3.5k street miles] 3)Stillen SS Brake lines
4)AAM Intake 5)AAM Catless Downpipe 6)AAM Resonated Midpipe 7)Eisenmann Catback 8)Cobb eTune from AAM
9)Wheels for Track: 18" Enkei GTC01 18x10 +22 /w Toyo R888 305/35/18 & Ichiba 20mm hubcentric v2 bolt-on spacersBrake Fluid: Motul RBF600

Engine Oil: AmsOil 10w-40
Trans Oil : Pentosin
Diff Oil: Motul Comp Gear FF 75w-140

#8 mpr

mpr

Mod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:13 AM

+1 on stillen front lip

you used the 5 screws they supplied and the adhesive and tape?
R35 GTR
4B11
2ZZ-GE
B18C5
Ducati

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users