2 replies to this topic

#1 doborder

doborder

Greyzilla activist

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:37 PM

I just finished putting in new Willall Light and changed the rear diff today. Took me all day as I am not mechanically inclined! Thanks to all the info available on this site, the job went very smooth.
Just a few observations... My stock tranny fluid turned slightly brownis green. I dropped the pan and didn't get a whole lot of shavings on the magnet. I tracked the car three times and the temp this last time got up to around 250 for a few laps. I have about 5k on my car so I guess I am not really hard on the tranny.
The rear diff was the same, a little more sludge on the drain plug, but far less than the front diff.
How often are people changing the rear diff? I can't imagine more than once a year given what I saw today. Thanks again for this site. Its armed me with enough confidence to do more in my garage such as... New rotors
2010 GTR Willall titanium midpipe, AP J hooks, Endless ME20, Whiteline Swaybar, HP Logic Road Course Tune
HKS Transmission cooler, ETS intercooler, Koyorad, Descratesfool engine oil cooler.

#2 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25839 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:45 PM

i change front diff every other other oil change especially during autox season but rear diff only when i do transmission flush so maybe every 12K miles or something on that.. last changed it at 6700... have 13,400 on the car now

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#3 cacou

cacou

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

I have three track days and 8000 km on the car (MY09).

I was going to change the transmission oil next week ahead of my next track day, but should I just work on this during the winter months when the car is in storage?

Will I gain a lot by changing the oil now?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users