:irock: http://www.motortren...eaks/index.html

#2 JOYRIDER

JOYRIDER

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

Very interesting answers - I think I like this guy ;)

#3 Nyalgaidin

Nyalgaidin

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

:irock: http://www.motortren...eaks/index.html

Q: Is the updated model the biggest change before an all-new GT-R arrives?

Godfather: "No, no, we continue with current GT-R for five more years."

There ya go, another 5 years for the R35 for those that are still deciding on the 2012.
Posted Image
'10 GTR Silver

"This, then, is an extraordinary car, quite unlike anything I've driven before... I dare say that if Michael Schumacher were to find himself in the eye of an Arctic blizzard, escaping from an exploding volcano, he might discover 10% of this car's abilities. But you? Me? Here? Forget it. Nissan, then, has done something odd. It has built a car for a time and a place and a species that simply don't exist."
Jeremy Clarkson on the Nissan GTR, June 2008

#4 Davin

Davin

SpecV Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

very interesting, another 5 years of r35 , more focus on efficiency, the comment that some transmissions were damaged in manufacture (?), and the no bs answer on track use

#5 LuckyEff

LuckyEff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4747 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:28 AM

Q: Is the updated model the biggest change before an all-new GT-R arrives?

Godfather: "No, no, we continue with current GT-R for five more years."

There ya go, another 5 years for the R35 for those that are still deciding on the 2012.

told you guys. no r36 till 2015, now its 2018
Toyota Prado <br />
Mercedes S 400
HYBRID<br />
<br />

#6 NickTO

NickTO

SpecV Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3704 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:31 AM

:)

Edited by NickTO, 18 September 2013 - 10:57 PM.

--

I am no longer active on this site.

#7 Davin

Davin

SpecV Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

also sad to see that he's leaving soon. the r35 is ahead of its time but the genius in what he's done wont be apparent until after he's gone. his comments on people believing the gt-r's performance are interesting too..

#8 Davin

Davin

SpecV Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

that 5 year comment should be of particular interest to this community, especially for all the manufacturers, race shops, and tuners... and anyone considering investing into the r35 platform.

from the enthusiast's point of view, it's likely we'll see the r35 achieve great potential before its life cycle is up. a potentially great move from nissan. the platform obviously has the potential to be VERY competitive for at least that long.

#9 LuckyEff

LuckyEff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4747 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:49 AM

Man this guy is awesome, pretty sad he will leave soon.

About the GT2 RS, it is single handedly the most subtle slap. I mean, he says to keep it below the GT2 RS's time. This means we can do it but we dont want to upset people (fanboys). Funny.
Toyota Prado <br />
Mercedes S 400
HYBRID<br />
<br />

#10 NickTO

NickTO

SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3704 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

:)

Edited by NickTO, 18 September 2013 - 10:57 PM.

--

I am no longer active on this site.

#11 Skyliner

Skyliner

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6553 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

I hope the 2015 GTR will be even more powerful and light!

#12 Raven

Raven

Lurk Lurk Lurk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

This:

"Nissan retirement age is 60 and I am already 59 years old. I love GT-R of course, but I am an employee of Nissan, and Nissan regulation is Nissan regulation."

"When I retire who is going to replace me? What policy will he or she have? I do not know."

Tells me he's coasting until retirement, and what he says doesn't matter because the new guy will do whatever he wants when he gets here.
Posted Image
- Raven -
2009 GT-R Premium Blk/Blk

#13 Crash

Crash

Red Rocket

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

I say they need a change of policy on the age restriction thing or at least a special waiver in this instance. That or the next guy better not fuck this car up.

#14 seanm

seanm

GTR Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5335 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

About the GT2 RS, it is single handedly the most subtle slap. I mean, he says to keep it below the GT2 RS's time. This means we can do it but we dont want to upset people (fanboys). Funny.

I said in another thread, I bet they hold a little better time in their pocket. See if they have to put it out to quiet anyone down a bit.

November 18th, the car gets shown to the press. A few months after that, we see the comparison tests. Any Buttonwillow/ Willow Springs/Laguna Seca/ VIR guesses?

Sean Morris

#15 PhantomTEG

PhantomTEG

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

Everyone wants to be young enough to enjoy retirement and at age 60 I'd like to retire, but for the driving enthusiast I wish he could stay around or be hired on as an outside consultant.
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. - Col. Jessep - A Few Good Men
Posted ImagePosted ImageMy Old Love

"Progression of GTR is progression of mankind itself"

#16 Kickhard

Kickhard

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:55 PM

Hmmm did you hear his answer about the transmissions???? Now that says alot

Considering the issues with transmissions in the past, does it need to be made stronger?

"No need. The issue that happened in the past was that they were damaged in the manufacturing process rather than having a design issue. The design has not changed since 2007.

Read more: http://www.motortren...l#ixzz12pgX7cHJ

Edited by Kickhard, 19 October 2010 - 12:57 PM.

Current rides: 2009 Nissan GTR Super Silver-2008 IS-F Star Fire Pearl /Black-2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Old rides: 2006 Chevrolet Silverado SS-2005 Subaru STI Black/Gold wheels-2004 E55 AMG-2004 Ford Lightning-2007 Mini Cooper S-2001 ML55 AMG-1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 800rwhp-1981 Mercedes 280SE euro spec

#17 NNAS

NNAS

Kick_arse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1025 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:01 PM

Im sure mizuno will hand pick his successor, im sure mizuno is not the only person who was instrumental to the GTR development....all is in good hands

2000 Toyota Chaser- 1JZGTE
2002 Toyota Alteeza- 3SGTE
2001 Honda Civic - 15B

#18 vtknight

vtknight

R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2942 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:11 PM

Hmmm did you hear his answer about the transmissions???? Now that says alot

Considering the issues with transmissions in the past, does it need to be made stronger?

"No need. The issue that happened in the past was that they were damaged in the manufacturing process rather than having a design issue. The design has not changed since 2007.

Read more: http://www.motortren...l#ixzz12pgX7cHJ

My favorite question:

Would you consider developing a rear-wheel-drive GT-R?

"Maybe not. I want to develop a GT-R with better performance. If I develop a two-wheel GT-R it is fine in dry conditions, but in other conditions, no good performance. For example, Porsche GT3 RS, on a dry track it is a supercar, but on the wet autobahn maybe passed by Golf GTI. So for the future I continue to develop the four-wheel-drive GT-R.

Read more: http://www.motortren...l#ixzz12pjTlxZk

I do unfortunately agree that if/when he retires - the 5 year lifespan of the car would possibly be in jeopary as the new Boss would be in charge of the vision...

Let's hope Nissan gives him an exception! :cheers:

#19 twin screw

twin screw

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:57 PM

He will never get the same level of respect but I believe the guy ranks up there with some of the uniquely gifted creators the industry has ever seen....He had special autonomy as the PPE (Principal Product Engineer) and PPD (Principal Product Designer) and he took it and ran with it.....I don't believe Ghosn will allow his legacy to disappear or get squandered in retirement...and Japanese culture is such that his successors will have the necessary respect and deference to maintain the anyone, anytime, anywhere design ethos...I love my R35.

Nothing attracts more attention on the road than this linebacker with 4.2 40 yd dash speed !!!

#20 chinko

chinko

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:18 PM

I hope he stays on as a consultant or they ask him to stay on and make an exception for him on the retirement age. In any case I was thinking of trading up to a 2012 but will probably wait now for the last year model.
09 Nissan DMG/black premium GT-R

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users