67 replies to this topic

#1 godzila2009

godzila2009

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:19 PM

If everything goes well with tunning...we'll hit PBIR wed 3/9.
PBIR is getting strick about tech...so I may hold back the runs if I do not feel is going to be a clean run with a nice 60ft (1.5x).
So lets see how it goes.
A.T

Edited by godzila2009, 10 March 2011 - 07:35 AM.

2009 Super Silver.
Accelerated Performance custom 4.1L Sonny Bryan Billet Crank build.
Accelerated Performance Racing Heads / Cams.
Sheptrans Fully built stage4 Tranny/ Promax clutch/ 1-6 PPG updated gears/ all misc.
Driveshaft Shop 33 spline Axles
Driveshaft Shop Rear Axle Stubs.
ETS Modified Racing Intercooler / Tial bovs.
Greddy Big Bore Throttle Bodies
BL Intake Manifold 12 Injector setup.
GTC Titan 104mm Titanium Exhaust.
AAM 3 PUMP E85/E98 Fuel System/ Fuel rails.
ID1000/ID2000 Injectors.
SYVECS S8 Ecu tuned by Chris Black AMS and ME!! lol
AMS Alpha 16 Turbo Kit.
8.7 sec STREET CAR.
4175lbs

#2 ESCUE Polo

ESCUE Polo

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1830 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

Good luck bro. Post if you go out Friday too...I'll come video

Tuned by Jack Cecil @ HorsePower Logic

#3 GTRheritage

GTRheritage

THAT GUY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4744 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

Will be there hope you get to run.Just sucks after all this time they now get strict

#4 godzila2009

godzila2009

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:12 PM

Will be there hope you get to run.Just sucks after all this time they now get strict

true..that sucks!!! we will need to rent the track soon!!!
2009 Super Silver.
Accelerated Performance custom 4.1L Sonny Bryan Billet Crank build.
Accelerated Performance Racing Heads / Cams.
Sheptrans Fully built stage4 Tranny/ Promax clutch/ 1-6 PPG updated gears/ all misc.
Driveshaft Shop 33 spline Axles
Driveshaft Shop Rear Axle Stubs.
ETS Modified Racing Intercooler / Tial bovs.
Greddy Big Bore Throttle Bodies
BL Intake Manifold 12 Injector setup.
GTC Titan 104mm Titanium Exhaust.
AAM 3 PUMP E85/E98 Fuel System/ Fuel rails.
ID1000/ID2000 Injectors.
SYVECS S8 Ecu tuned by Chris Black AMS and ME!! lol
AMS Alpha 16 Turbo Kit.
8.7 sec STREET CAR.
4175lbs

#5 sleepdoc

sleepdoc

R35 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2326 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:21 AM

Wish I could make it.

Keep us posted and good luck !

:rolf2:

SOLD - Gunmetal 2010.TE37 ULTRA 20x10-31 20x12-20 2013 Trans. EcuTek,[email protected], Fabshop Miami, SIR injectors, SIR intake/inlet porting, Stock DP's, HKS resonated midpipe, HKS Spec R Catback , Gotboost intakes, SBD Denso pumps, e85.

10.38 @137 on factory DP's and PSS's

Bone Stock 2010 Record- 11.38 @ 121.44 60' 1.637

2010 Black GTR--- SOLD
Stock Turbo 1/4 mile
10.003 @ 137.61 60' 1.453 thread
Cobb AP NIS 006 - Jack Cecil Custom Tunes on ECU and TCM

#6 celsius

celsius

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7504 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:11 AM

anyone know why they''re getting strict? Somebody must have blew the whistle on them....IMHO, if the car is stable to 190+ MPH....it can run 9's all day....too many rules and regulations! :)

TSM Elite Prime (4125lbs w/Audiophile sound / AC, etc.) 

1426 AWHP

8.75 @ 163MPH Tx2k19

190MPH Roll Race Tx2k19

#7 GTRheritage

GTRheritage

THAT GUY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4744 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:36 AM

anyone know why they''re getting strict? Somebody must have blew the whistle on them....IMHO, if the car is stable to 190+ MPH....it can run 9's all day....too many rules and regulations! :)

That's a good question.I know a lot of NHRA teams test there,might have something to do with or could be insurance related? I agree to many rules and regulations in this world as is :yourock: :banghead: :banghead:

#8 ohioko4s4

ohioko4s4

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

That's a good question.I know a lot of NHRA teams test there,might have something to do with or could be insurance related? I agree to many rules and regulations in this world as is :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The reason NHRA teams can test there (and all the other tracks) is because they pass tech. :rolleyes: "Street" cars that run bottom 9's and trap 160+ are obviously not allowed to run without proper safety gear at any IHRA or NHRA track. Individual track personnel have their own liability tolerances, but no track is going to allow more than one run in the 9's...and running a 2nd pass after a warning will most likely get you thrown out for good. MY CTSV just runs high 10's and even with my relationship with our local track director and the experience he knows I have, he still can't let me run the car again without a cage, etc. Of course there's an argument that with the speeds and safety equipment new OEM cars are capable of there should be new NHRA ET/trap rules....but it's not going to happen.

Just run 1/8 mile and get on the brakes hard so you stay in the 11's. With what I know about your set-up, a 6.0x @ 125+ is easily achievable. Once you're hitting 6.0x's, ask the tower to turn-off the boards and run a full pass. Most tracks will do this for fast street cars as it allows them to sidestep the insurance issue. They'll still give you a slip.

Good luck!

#9 MindlessOath

MindlessOath

NISMO Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11288 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

The reason NHRA teams can test there (and all the other tracks) is because they pass tech. :doh: "Street" cars that run bottom 9's and trap 160+ are obviously not allowed to run without proper safety gear at any IHRA or NHRA track. Individual track personnel have their own liability tolerances, but no track is going to allow more than one run in the 9's...and running a 2nd pass after a warning will most likely get you thrown out for good. MY CTSV just runs high 10's and even with my relationship with our local track director and the experience he knows I have, he still can't let me run the car again without a cage, etc. Of course there's an argument that with the speeds and safety equipment new OEM cars are capable of there should be new NHRA ET/trap rules....but it's not going to happen.

Just run 1/8 mile and get on the brakes hard so you stay in the 11's. With what I know about your set-up, a 6.0x @ 125+ is easily achievable. Once you're hitting 6.0x's, ask the tower to turn-off the boards and run a full pass. Most tracks will do this for fast street cars as it allows them to sidestep the insurance issue. They'll still give you a slip.

Good luck!

good information!

#10 GIGAboost!

GIGAboost!

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

Just run in the "No Time" lane. . .
2014 BLACK BE GT-R
2010 BLACK GT-R - Traded Up!
Best Stock 1/4:
Best Stock MPH: 123.91
Stock Dyno @ HPLogic: 437HP 386TQ
CPT @ HPLogic: 492HP 480TQ
Best Tuned 1/4: 10.994
Best Tuned MPH: 127.01

Best 60': 1.696
2012 BLACK QX56
[b]2012 Wrangler Unlimited

#11 [email protected]

[email protected]

SpecV Member

• Dealers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3602 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

If everything goes well with tunning...we'll hit PBIR wed 3/9.
PBIR is getting strick about tech...so I may hold back the runs if I do not feel is going to be a clean run with a nice 60ft (1.5x).
So lets see how it goes.
A.T

Have fun and good luck. Looking forward to your results. Do you plan on installing a cage at some point?

#12 celsius

celsius

NISMO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7504 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:27 PM

The reason NHRA teams can test there (and all the other tracks) is because they pass tech. :shiftdrive: "Street" cars that run bottom 9's and trap 160+ are obviously not allowed to run without proper safety gear at any IHRA or NHRA track. Individual track personnel have their own liability tolerances, but no track is going to allow more than one run in the 9's...and running a 2nd pass after a warning will most likely get you thrown out for good. MY CTSV just runs high 10's and even with my relationship with our local track director and the experience he knows I have, he still can't let me run the car again without a cage, etc. Of course there's an argument that with the speeds and safety equipment new OEM cars are capable of there should be new NHRA ET/trap rules....but it's not going to happen.

Good luck!

Excellent! I think they did that over here in Oregon for us before.

TSM Elite Prime (4125lbs w/Audiophile sound / AC, etc.) 

1426 AWHP

8.75 @ 163MPH Tx2k19

190MPH Roll Race Tx2k19

#13 sleepdoc

sleepdoc

R35 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2326 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

I think it is a great Idea. Next time I go up I will run "no times".

SOLD - Gunmetal 2010.TE37 ULTRA 20x10-31 20x12-20 2013 Trans. EcuTek,[email protected], Fabshop Miami, SIR injectors, SIR intake/inlet porting, Stock DP's, HKS resonated midpipe, HKS Spec R Catback , Gotboost intakes, SBD Denso pumps, e85.

10.38 @137 on factory DP's and PSS's

Bone Stock 2010 Record- 11.38 @ 121.44 60' 1.637

2010 Black GTR--- SOLD
Stock Turbo 1/4 mile
10.003 @ 137.61 60' 1.453 thread
Cobb AP NIS 006 - Jack Cecil Custom Tunes on ECU and TCM

#14 ESCUE Polo

ESCUE Polo

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1830 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

I didn't know turning off the tower made a difference. Cool news, hope it's true

#15 Racing Fan

Racing Fan

R33 Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

The reason NHRA teams can test there (and all the other tracks) is because they pass tech. :biggrin: "Street" cars that run bottom 9's and trap 160+ are obviously not allowed to run without proper safety gear at any IHRA or NHRA track. Individual track personnel have their own liability tolerances, but no track is going to allow more than one run in the 9's...and running a 2nd pass after a warning will most likely get you thrown out for good. MY CTSV just runs high 10's and even with my relationship with our local track director and the experience he knows I have, he still can't let me run the car again without a cage, etc. Of course there's an argument that with the speeds and safety equipment new OEM cars are capable of there should be new NHRA ET/trap rules....but it's not going to happen.

Good luck!

This has been another Jamie Carter Public Service Announcement on Breaking the Rules:)

LOL See you next week.

#16 f355c5

f355c5

f355c5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

I didn't know turning off the tower made a difference. Cool news, hope it's true

At Bradenton dragway I made one run 11.1 sec. They told me all future runs will be no time. People were asking me what my time was after each run. Meet a lot of nice people.LOL. 10.96 was my best. Good luck
weds. hope n/t written on your cars helps.

#17 GladiaToR

GladiaToR

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:43 AM

GOOD LUCK AT! When you get to tech tell them you want to run N/T just like J.C. explained and they should be a little more tolerant. We are all looking forwards to your results.
GLADIATOR | R35 GT-R built by Akuma Motorsports
Posted Image
Akuma Stage 1+ 65mm Billet Turbos|E85 Speed Density

R.I.P.

#18 FATNSLO

FATNSLO

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:05 AM

Good luck and have fun! I'm trying to get out there with you tonight. If I make it I'll only be running on pump gas since I have a full tank. Save your best pass for the last pass and then just go home....maybe they will forget
Switzer R900 GTR Package on 2009 – 828hp, 829tq
IMRA 200mph Standing Mile Club & 9 Second 1/4 Mile Club Member
Switzer Stainless Steel Exhaust w/ Back Pressure Relief System
Switzer Transmission Upgrade W/ Sheptrans, PPG & Dodson components
Stillen Carbon Ceramic Brake System (W/Pagid Pads)
Stillen Max 5 Way Adjustable Sway Bars W/ Adjustable End-links
HKS DCT Transmission Cooler, Front & Rear Electric Brake cooling kits
Forged-Alloys AMT 20" wheels / Toyo R888's - JRZ RS Pro Adjustable Suspension
AMS Carbon Hood, Roof & Trunk - Zele Carbon, grill, front, side & rear lowers
Aeromotions S-2 Active Wing, Hush Mat Sound & Heat Suppression
JL Audio Clean Sweep & Amplifiers, Morel Speaker Systems Front & Rear
JL Audio 10W6 10" Woofer in Serious Autosport custom plexy enclosure
K-40 RL360 front & rear radar detector & laser diffusers
Video VBOX Lite 4 Channel / Nav-TV Factory Video kit with Backup Camera
Zele Front Bumper - Drive Shaft Shop 1000HP Axles front & rear...

#19 gripforce-gtr

gripforce-gtr

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

In for the run result !!!!
Don't hate, love

#20 ESCUE Polo

ESCUE Polo

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1830 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

Queremos updates amigo. Time to get on NAGTROC mobile!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users