10 replies to this topic

#1 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25839 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:34 AM

There has been speculation over the last few months that a upgrade kit of some sort would be available to allow current GTR owners to adopt some of the changes of the newly released DBA-R35.... Today it was finally announced for Japanese customers ....Its not what most were hoping for or thinking it would consist of .. no ECU or R-mode Start flashing . in keeping with what nissan japan has previously offered to its customers this new upgrade package offers a subtle refresh consisting mainly of just brakes and suspension .

Kit "A" includes items such as the larger 390mm rotors new cross spring for rear brakes to reduce noise and shocks for the suspension produced by Nordring and Bilstein... this package is around $8500 US installed for 2010 MY GTRs price rises to over $12000 for previous years of the R35 if both braking and suspension parts are purchased and installed together

Posted Image
Posted Image

Kit "B" is more of an aesthetic only option and includes the Carbon HVAC cover aswell as the ability for all 4 taillights to be on at the same time (this was previously not available in the JDM market)

Posted Image

Posted Image

these kits will be available 5/1/2011

if Kit A is installed during the warranty period of the current car is carries a 5 year warranty if installed out of warranty it only carries an additional year

Posted Image

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#2 VashTS

VashTS

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:31 AM

Too bad these upgrade options are not given outside of Japan. That said I'm sure one can buy these parts individually and hope the dealer can install them. However, is it worth upgrading to the new brakes and suspensions? I know it was mentioned the new brakes reduce noise, but what about the suspensions what major benefit do they provide over the previous versions?
2010 US Spec GT-R Pearl White, Black interior.
Currently installed:
Electrical: Navigation solution for the Middle East, front and rear view camera.
Looks: CF side vents, front grill cover, hood vents, side mirror bottoms, WALD CF rear diffuser, and WALD CF spoiler cover. Full engine bay Password JDM CF covers.
Performance: AMS Intercooler, AMS non-catted downpipes, TSM 1000 injectors, HKS DCT Cooler, Willall Transmission fluid, Dodson Transmission filter, AMS coolant tank, HKS resonated mid pipe, and Cobb dyno tuned by [email protected] Motorsports. Gotboost intakes installed with K&N filters and outwear covers, and Gotboost Intercooler pipes. AP Racing J hook front and rear rotors. Forged brake lines installed, and Endless MX72 brakes pads installed. Currently using Endless braking fluid. Greddy Power Extreme PE-R exhaust installed.
2012 Refresh Plan Started: Brand RR front 2012 look bumper installed with LEDs, 2012 Premium wheels. Radio/AC Panel replaced, and gear knob replaced.
Future Mod plans: CF interior/exterior.

Supported by Topspeed Motorsports

Posted Image

#3 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25839 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:37 AM

yes these are pieces that can be bought from US dealers individually...but they are very expensive as far as suspension it was qouted as being more comfortable and more stable at higher limits

Most of the relevant part infoan be found here

http://www.nagtroc.o...showtopic=47727

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2017 SENTRA NISMO

#4 paul_k

paul_k

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:27 AM

The price is 10x too high. :doh:
UK
Black Black GTR

#5 stea7th

stea7th

Stea7th

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:41 AM

Pretty much useless then with that kinda price. Might as well wait for the current setup/parts to be worn out and get the new replacements when the time comes :/

EDIT: Kit B would be nice to have though. Are the new knobs included or is it just the CF cover??

Edited by stea7th, 16 April 2011 - 01:29 PM.

MY2010 EDM 'Black Edition' Nissan GT-R R35 (White Pearl) - Amuse R1 Titan exhaust. Cobb Stage 2. TWS Avanzato MF-R.
MY2008 Nissan Murano (White Pearl) - Family car - SOLD (owned for a year)
MY2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (Black pearl) 347bhp - SOLD (owned for 3 yrs)

#6 discodan

discodan

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:19 AM

Thats why I say thank god for aftermarket.

#7 gilly6993

gilly6993

SpecV Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3893 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:08 AM

Imaginr what it will cost if they offer the ECU/ R upgrade..... :yourock:

2016 Lava Orange Porsche GT3RS

2017 Grigio Silverstone GTC4Lusso

2013 Ferrari 458 Italia SOLD

2015 Porsche GT3 SOLD
2012 NIssan GTR SOLD

2008 Ferrari Scud SOLD

2009 Nissan GTR SOLD

2010 Dodge Viper ACR SOLD

2007 Corvette ZO6 SOLD
2005 Corvette Vert SOLD

#8 baileyrx

baileyrx

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:17 AM

edit, i missed it on the list... :yourock:

Edited by baileyrx, 16 April 2011 - 08:19 AM.

#9 Yellow Stealth

Yellow Stealth

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:57 AM

EDIT: Kit B would be nice to have though. Are the new knobs included or is it just the CF cover??

The knobs must come with the panel. I had already inquired a few months back with my dealer regarding the knobs. He confirmed that they only come with the carbon fiber panel as well as all the buttons, etc... In other words, the whole assembly has to be replaced as one piece and it was listed at the time at over $1K !!! :)

Edited by Yellow Stealth, 16 April 2011 - 08:59 AM.

[09 GT-R]- Gun Metallic / Black Premium - front clear corners, Harman Motive Y-pipe.
[03 350Z Touring] - Veilside V1 front lip, Motordyne 5/16" spacer, JWT Pop-charger, Courtesy Z badges, Zignalz, 07 headlights, AUT Eyelids, AZA Z1 Wheels: 18x8.5, 18x9.5.
[94 Stealth Twin Turbo] SOLD - Pearl Yellow - H&R springs, K&N cone filter, Greddy Profec-B2 boost controller, Greddy Full Auto Turbo Timer, HKS Turbo exhaust, Denso fuel pump, GT-Pro fuel rail upgrade, DN Y-pipe, Magnacore KV85 wire set and Greddy Type-S BOV, Saner rear sway bar, 3sx steel brake lines.

#10 stea7th

stea7th

Stea7th

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

The knobs must come with the panel. I had already inquired a few months back with my dealer regarding the knobs. He confirmed that they only come with the carbon fiber panel as well as all the buttons, etc... In other words, the whole assembly has to be replaced as one piece and it was listed at the time at over $1K !!! :OMG:

Super price for a supercar! :doh:
MY2010 EDM 'Black Edition' Nissan GT-R R35 (White Pearl) - Amuse R1 Titan exhaust. Cobb Stage 2. TWS Avanzato MF-R.
MY2008 Nissan Murano (White Pearl) - Family car - SOLD (owned for a year)
MY2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (Black pearl) 347bhp - SOLD (owned for 3 yrs)

#11 rgo808

rgo808

R34 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1770 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

I see the TV/Aux button. How do you hook that up?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users