Nissan GT-R Forum banner

📱 Cobb OTS Tunes (ECU/TCU) — Safe and Reliable..? 🤷🏻‍♂️

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  gtrbillet 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have the Cobb Accessport w/ TCU, Cobb 3" intakes, and a Cobb cat-less midpipe (which they do not support, but the cats in the midpipe aren't monitored so I don't think it'd make a difference, right..?) and want to run the stage 2 OTS ECU (and TCU) tune.. Are these OTS tunes safe enough that I can continue to drag and thrash my car regularly..?

I do have plans to chase the famous 600hp/600tq once I have money for flex fuel kit, twin fuel pumps, Cobb 1,050cc injectors, exhaust, and a custom dynotune.. But since that'll be roughly six months away.. I was wondering if anyone can vouch for the quality of the OTS tunes..?

Sorry for the paranoia, but I'm in no position to risk damaging my engine, financially speaking (and with the missus, who I promised I'd only lightly modify so it doesn't blow up like my twin turbo 370Z did)..

Thanks for anyone that can answer with any information..

James

2018 GT-R Premium Lux

See less See more
#2 ·
I wouldn't run them unless you have quality fuel in your area (93+). Others have also reported that they run lean and or max out the stock injectors with the Stage 2 maps. If it were me, I'd give it a try and monitor injector duty cycle among other things to make sure everything is in check.

#6 ·
In my experience with tens of thousands of miles on cobb ots as well as some miles with a tuners custom tune on ecutek. Cobb runs great. I think if you read the forums much, you'll find that cobb tunes are somewhat "conservative" compared to what a "tuner" might give you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.