Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Lambo clearly the stronger car when both are turned up. Both very impressive.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Both really cool guys as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
What speeds are the start ? Brake boosting on the lambo put instant 2 cars on the high setting. Did a12 brake boost?

Oh and nothing like racing on wet roads in Mexico.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks.
We didn't brake boost
On the first run I left in 3rd at 3k intead of 2nd at 5k and left late (rookie first run on full boost)
Lambo on C16 - GT-R on E85

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
Yep 50-60 mph in 2nd is a sweet spot for me as well. No lag on an A9.

Do you see any at all at 5k without brake boosting ?

First run in 3rd explains the jump but once you got boost wasn't like he was pulling that hard. Did you do another run with the Lambo on higher hp map in 2nd?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yep 50-60 mph in 2nd is a sweet spot for me as well. No lag on an A9.

Do you see any at all at 5k without brake boosting ?

First run in 3rd explains the jump but once you got boost wasn't like he was pulling that hard. Did you do another run with the Lambo on higher hp map in 2nd?
No lag at 5k.... I could have but car spools up instantly.

His car was acting up on high boost from what he said and had to turn it down. We didn't have a clean run at high boost and I'm sure that if had left in 2nd and be on top like the other runs the outcome would've been similar.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Nice. Pretty even on the 1250 map. Would have liked to seen a few more of the 1450 map runs, it seemed that first one he got a bit of a jump.

Even though the Lambo shifts quick, he's losing 1/2 a car on each shift. Sounds good, though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nice. Pretty even on the 1250 map. Would have liked to seen a few more of the 1450 map runs, it seemed that first one he got a bit of a jump.

Even though the Lambo shifts quick, he's losing 1/2 a car on each shift. Sounds good, though.
for sure! I don't want to take any credit from the lambo but I'm positive that it would have been neck to neck.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

I agree that was my first impression that the Lambo jumped too early. He seemed to go on the second count . I wouldnt have gone if that happened to me but a chase is a race.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Lambo left early on the 1st race. Nice runs, 2 very sweet cars. GTR owner wins best dressed race car driver.

Joe

·
I ❤️ Oil & Gas
5,619 Posts
Excellent - on both cars...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts