Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car to the track for the first time recently. Managed to run an 11.9 best at 118 with a 1.99 60ft at an DA elevation of 6000 feet with so-so prep and good weather. Does this seem slow for a 2010 gtr with cobb big intake, catless midpipe and cobb tune?
Have read some post on the forums of 2010 gtr with midpipe and tune only running low 11 to high 10s. I know this may be at lower elevation but will i lose that much going down to maybe sea level? To compare i have a friend with a 2011 porsche turbo s run this weekend same track and hit a 11.0 at 133 which time wise is on par with the magazine tests. Thanks guys

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Definitely seems a little slow for those mods. What other details do you have on the launch and car. Auto mode? R-R-R? I assume it's an off the shelf cobb tune? What kind of wheels and tires are you using?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sounds about right, I took my 15to the strip for the first time and fastest time was a 12.2 @ 115. Also running off intakes, midpipe, exhaust and cobb ots tune...

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
Are you on an OTS map?

There might be some left in it if you get a custom tune, but at that point you might as well add intakes and injectors too.

What are your tire pressures set at? You might try lowering pressures to cut that 60 ft. time down some.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
that is slower than a stock CBA. I think the stock CBA's do about a 11.6. Something is off. Did you even launch it? Use the VDC OFF TCM map and try it with R C Off at 4100 rpms. Should get a 11.3 or so

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is slower than a stock CBA. I think the stock CBA's do about a 11.6. Something is off. Did you even launch it? Use the VDC OFF TCM map and try it with R C Off at 4100 rpms. Should get a 11.3 or so
I did launch it with the R-C-Off configuration with the 4100 Lc5 cobb map but as I would come off the line the car would bog and then go.
I also felt that it was slow. I believe I remember seeing a stock one awhile back running 12.2 up here with no mods at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel my times are slower than should be but what do you think of my mph? Same, should it be higher than 118 with those mods and my elevation?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Something does seem off. Was looking at car and driver reviews and granted not the best source but they were getting 10.9 with a 2011 turbo S and 11.6 with an 09 gtr in another article. Thats only 6 tenths off. My friends stock 11 turbo s ETed a whole second faster at the same altitude and i have mods. His 60s were 1.8 and mine were pretty much 2.0.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
You seriously need custom tune.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Something is very wrong despite elevation.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
bro people are sugar coating this, your car is WAY WAY down on power, take the car where ever you got the work done and figure out whats wrong so you can enjoy it the right way. Your car with those mods should be about 130, now lets say you even lower it to 125 for the altitude, you were 7mph slower than that!! I don't know if the car is making stock power, Plenty of stock 2010's have gone 123-125

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
Agreed with everyone--something is very wrong here. Probably in the tune. How much boost are you running? *edit, better question, how much boost are you making during a pass?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
honestly for a midpipe and tune car basically at 6000 feet an 11.9 isnt out of the realm most hit low 11's with a good 60' at 1200-2000 feet elevation. Your 60' is terrible and you're DA is probably horrible too so i can see this...

A tune will help some but your stock turbos are working overtime

·
Registered
536 Posts
Sounds about right, I took my 15to the strip for the first time and fastest time was a 12.2 @ 115. Also running off intakes, midpipe, exhaust and cobb ots tune...
Something is not right with your times either. Some guys here have run high 10's on completely stock 2015's.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys for the replies.

I plan on getting a custom tune soon and the logs my tell them what up with the car.
The midpipe and intake were done at probably the only reputable shop here in Albuquerque all the GTRs here in town go to them and they have said nothing but good things about them. I will still let them know my issues and maybe take the car back to check some things out.

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
Good luck and keep us updated!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I did a 11.4 with OTS map and midpipe on my 2010.

Car seems to be bogging off the line on the launch. What are your CC and TP's at? Try to put the CC's at 2 2 and TP at 0 0 and try to launch again with VDC OFF. Make sure you have the VDC OFF LC5 TCM loaded.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts