Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I'm new here and just got my 2010 GT-R a week ago.

One of the most important items for me in a car is the music setup. In my 370Z I installed a Pioneer head unit with bluetooth audio streaming but in the GT-R this wasn't an option. After reading quite a few forum posts I ended up getting the Viseeo WMA-1000 but had the low power issue so I got the CableJive dockStubz+ and ran a USB cable from my armrest to the glovebox. A pretty clean install and you can only see the wire between the glovebox and right where I was able to tuck it under the plastic.

I was very excited after I had gotten this far but then noticed that with my iPhone 5 the display would show the track information in the background and a "there is no song" alert in the front. After a lot of searching I gave up and figured maybe it was a bug with the iPhone 5 (as my iPad mini didn't have the issue) and hoped that maybe when I got the iPhone 6 it would go away. I had an inspired idea though, tested it and verified that it worked (at least for me with my setup).

The solution was to simply have a single track downloaded on my phone. I use Spotify and iTunes Radio and haven't used local music in years so having music locally wasn't something I really thought of. I figured that maybe since the iPod connector in the car was made to be compatible with older iPods that only had local storage that maybe it was throwing that message because it didn't see any files available. Turned out to be exactly that.

I hope this helps someone else so they don't have to be as frustrated as I was.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Good info, I have the same setup but have all my music on my iPhone so I never had that issue.

I am planning on hard wiring a mini USB cable to my glove box to hook up to the Cable Jive as I do not want to run it from the arm rest to the glovebox...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good info, I have the same setup but have all my music on my iPhone so I never had that issue.

I am planning on hard wiring a mini USB cable to my glove box to hook up to the Cable Jive as I do not want to run it from the arm rest to the glovebox...
If you get that worked out I'd love to know how you went about it. While the cable for me is pretty unseen it is annoying when I open up my armrest because I have to adjust the cable if I accidentally move it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts