Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
SSP is developing the next stage of GR6 clutch technology. SSP is working on a new 14 DISC clutch set up that will be capable of 1000 foot pounds of torque. Fourteen clutch discs allows for more clutch surface area. More surface area means more power to the ground, and less chance of clutch slippage during launching. SSP's new clutch assembly will also utilize the latest in high temp VITON seal technology. While the factory GR6 clutch basket is capable of supporting such incredible horsepower, the factory seals are not. SSP has developed a complete set of high temp Viton seals for the GR6 clutch basket.

SSP 14 DISC CLUTCH ASSEMBLE WITH UPGRADED VITON SEALS:

SSP PRO RED TRANSMISSION FLUID:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Nice, do they need more clamping force than stock or will the increased surface area and different material make up for that?

Any testing with shifting on high torque cars? This is the area where I feel the clutches are most stressed when there is still a lot of engine torque with partial clamping whilst the change is in progress. Dramatic reductions in torque or for too long will produce shift shock, if you can hold the torque that would be lovely!

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is absolutely incredible... 1000 pound-feet would be a fantastic accomplishment and prove dual clutches can hold power like the big boys.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have several sets of the SSP1000hp clutch discs already running in GTR's. We just shipped a set to a shop in the Atlanta area. They are building one of the most radical GTR's I have heard of to date. This car is supposed to be capable of 1000+whp.

SSP

·
Registered
785 Posts
Sounds good! Who makes those clutches, where? If it was a reputable American company, or their lineage could be documented, that would provide aid and comfort to buyers too

What company made the clutches for RSFootball's car that went bad after like a month, and he ended up putting stock ones back in?
Just want to make sure these have nothing whatever in common with THOSE.
Were the $5 apiece Chinese clutch plates R35_395 uncovered RSFootball's or whose?
I will wait til mine go south and hope there is enough experience with clutches to know whose work, and whose don't...because some don't.

We OWNERS should post up a Topic "Aftermarket Clutch Experiences" to document this in an organized fashion...this is WAY too expensive a complete tranny overhaul, with most likely upgrading gears etc, to guess and not use best available data.

·
Registered
577 Posts
bump for updates
Currently setting up the touch points on a set now. The settings are close to stock. We'll have more feedback in a few days

1 - 8 of 8 Posts