Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the low quality vid I need to get some new cameras and software for editing.

here is a nice vid of a procharged Corvette C6 Z06 vs a modded ZX9 vs a Bolt-ons GTR

2008 C6 Z06 Quick Mods list
(1009whp/937wtq @ 18psi)

- 434ci LSX built by R.E.D.
- Brodix 6bolt Heads
- RPM Transmission/Diff
- DYAD Clutch
- bolt-ons
- Nitto NT05R on 19in wheels
- Full weight with a passenger and full tank (about 4000 lbs)
...etc

it was detuned before the race making around 900whp @18psi but in this race it was only seeing ~14-15psi due to belt slip I would say it is probably making around 830whp but I don't know so I just said 850-900whp in the vid.

I don't know the exact specs of the ZX9, but the owner said its fully built N/A with exhaust ..etc I believe he said it was 1100-1200cc but I am not 100% sure I will try to find out. He seemed to be a good rider but I don't know much about bikes

GTR Mod list:
(600awhp estimated)

- the basic bolt-ons
- Full exhaust
- Tubro Inlets
- COBB custom tune
- 19psi
- 91oct fuel
- Had a Passenger riding too

Z06 vs Bike Races

** 1st Race - 40mph roll - to about 140mph)
bad roll for the Z06 especially with that much power but the Bike wanted it low

Z06 feathering the throttle a little but still spinning through all 2nd gear and finally catchs traction in 3rd. Easy shifting in all gears.

** 2nd Race - 70mph roll - to about 145mph

Still not the perfect roll since the Z06 in 3rd gear. Same with the bike He wanted a lower roll. But since the Z06 was in 3rd and with the power its making we figured it will be ok.

** 3rd Race - Dig

Z06 popped a vacum line as soon as we launched it (it didn't even spin the tires at all)

Z06 vs GTR

it was just a quick fun pull. Z06 in 3rd and let off at around 110mph or so. We can obviously see the difference in that short time.

GTR vs Bike

We did 3 runs but only one good run which is what I have in the vid. GTR let off soon due to the gap between the two. so he figured there is no point to keep going.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Nice runs. ZX-9 modded to 1100+cc would be an all out race-only,non streetable engine so I think he may be BS'ing you ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice runs. ZX-9 modded to 1100+cc would be an all out race-only,non streetable engine so I think he may be BS'ing you ;)
Thanks as I said I don't know whats all done to it. the owner said its fully built N/A with no nitrous. but his friend said something about 1100-1200cc. I will see him this weekend and get the exact specs on his Bike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+1

This bike is too slow compared to the new bikes .however the vette did good job .

Congrats to you alwalhan , let's see a race between an 800 whp gtr and ur vette roll ones , dig that would be cool.
Thanks. he said his bike is a little faster than a lightly modded 1000cc but again I am not sure. we will try and find a different bike to get a better idea. We would love to run a modded 700+whp GTR but hard to find those and then when you do its like they don't want to race... :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks. he said his bike is a little faster than a lightly modded 1000cc but again I am not sure. we will try and find a different bike to get a better idea. We would love to run a modded 700+whp GTR but hard to find those and then when you do its like they don't want to race... :(
Trust me walhan a new 1000 cc would make that zx9 looks too slow.

Just to give you an Id of how fast some of them are have a look at the video that's a show room bike not even a slip on .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trust me walhan a new 1000 cc would make that zx9 looks too slow.

Just to give you an Id of how fast some of them are have a look at the video that's a show room bike not even a slip on .

http://m.youtube.com...&feature=relmfu
well thats different though. from my understanding the S1000RR is crazy fast. and the lambo was on low boost/pump gas setting. didn't say how much power but I am guessing around 650-700whp depends on how low the boost is! but either way I get your point.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Thanks as I said I don't know whats all done to it. the owner said its fully built N/A with no nitrous. but his friend said something about 1100-1200cc. I will see him this weekend and get the exact specs on his Bike.
Thanks. The reason I commented is that the largest pistons you can fit in a 2nd Gen ZX9 block are 936cc,not anywhere near close to 1100-1200cc lol. Stroking the engine for more displacement is a nightmare on those engines as well,so more then likely its a 936cc&they can make decent power with a good head/big cams/more compression/properly jetted carbs(NO fuel injection lol,old school carburetors on a ('99 ZX9). Fully built they make about what a stock Gen 2 Busa or stock S1000 make: 180ish rwhp.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice runs !

But there is no way that gtr is making 600awhp on 91 octane ! Not even close!
As there are a lot of Gtrs running on E85 and still didn't reach the 600awhp barrier and this is with not less than 20psi.

That vette is a killer mashalla

Regards.
we will have this one dynoed in the next few days. we will see what kind of power it makes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks. The reason I commented is that the largest pistons you can fit in a 2nd Gen ZX9 block are 936cc,not anywhere near close to 1100-1200cc lol. Stroking the engine for more displacement is a nightmare on those engines as well,so more then likely its a 936cc&they can make decent power with a good head/big cams/more compression/properly jetted carbs(NO fuel injection lol,old school carburetors on a ('99 ZX9). Fully built they make about what a stock Gen 2 Busa or stock S1000 make: 180ish rwhp.
oh I appreciate your post. I don't really know a lot about bikes so this post is very informative. I will see him this weekend and get the exact specs on his bike that way we all know. we will also try to race a 1000cc .
thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.