Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Lake Bum
2,747 Posts
150+ 1/4 mile traps and 185 1/2 mile traps here and they are still holding on. Jack's drag 800, PPG 1st and billet baskets.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
it's usually repeated hwy pulls that do it
I spoke to Shep recently on the phone about my future trabs build and gears. He mentioned it's heat that kills the gears and the higher torques causes the heat.

Repeated hwy pullss definitely will increase heat. He also said they're a lot stronger than most people think or what the forum leads you to believe.

Sent from my SM-G928P using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I spoke to Shep recently on the phone about my future trabs build and gears. He mentioned it's heat that kills the gears and the higher torques causes the heat.

Repeated hwy pullss definitely will increase heat. He also said they're a lot stronger than most people think or what the forum leads you to believe.

This. Also the 3rd gear rolling boost puts excruciating amount of torque all of a sudden.

·
Registered
681 Posts

He's saying the stocks are stronger than most people give them credit for?

If so I'd def agree with that. Doing double what there designed for and only talking about failure then.

Has anyone got any info on better fluids for the application to keep heat down ?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I got at least 20 drag runs (4 runs 14 min, 27, 34 min apart) and at least 50+ 60-130 mph pulls on stock gears. This sunday at PBIR private rental and next weekend at Ocala Half mile. Hopefully goes through those events without any issues. Power level at about low 150 trap with 60-130 mph in 4.5s. I guess I don't do 5+ pulls together, but did 3 yesterday with three runs with 100 s in between pulls.

I also have 7 plate Shep clutch so slips sometimes happen. Did many 60-130 mph starting in 3rd (not best way to get best time but best for consistency for MPSS) as tuners ramp up boost in all gears when you have stock gears (typically). Have that and MPSS probably help prolong the gears.

·
Banned
236 Posts
Lol...dumb concept totally and what's the point knowing your going to break sooner then later to not build the trans ?
Don't know anyone who wants to have a ticking 15k time bomb for zero reason at all

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I got at least 20 drag runs (4 runs 14 min, 27, 34 min apart) and at least 50+ 60-130 mph pulls on stock gears. This sunday at PBIR private rental and next weekend at Ocala Half mile. Hopefully goes through those events without any issues. Power level at about low 150 trap with 60-130 mph in 4.5s. I guess I don't do 5+ pulls together, but did 3 yesterday with three runs with 100 s in between pulls.

I also have 7 plate Shep clutch so slips sometimes happen. Did many 60-130 mph starting in 3rd (not best way to get best time but best for consistency for MPSS) as tuners ramp up boost in all gears when you have stock gears (typically). Have that and MPSS probably help prolong the gears.
Is the 7-plate the Stage 1 Trans or Stage 2?

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.