Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my time slip..... and a video... My friend missed me doing 11.5 @ 121.7
The best time he saw was 11.6 @ 120.7

He was filming for our annual shootout and recorded many cars for the night, so he stepped away when I ran again to go get some food! Hey maybe somebody else caught it and it will show up...they usually do

The good thing is you can see a vid without launch control.

As you can see by the video I was spinning pretty bad, which indicates these cars have more in them.

THIS IS A STOCK GT-R

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
garage saurus are running around 600ps and they achived 11.2 or so. nice times man.

i know of someone else that is going to mod something differnt and get a much better time, plus some extra special news to come :D should help everyone ;) very excited.

this is a great time slip tho!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
great times! these cars should be able to pull 1.6x 60' times, which would mean 11.30's stock....

how sticky are these runflat tires? Maybe a set of PS2's would help?

·
Registered
6 Posts
damn, I didnt even know you did an 11.5. I did completly missed that. my bad.

You need to go back again! I wonder if you lower tire pressure, if you might be able to get some 11.3/11.4s ?!!

If you want me to edit that timeslip email me the full image and I can cut it out for ya.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Is your GTR dyno tuned or something? Saw a white smoke comes out of the exhaust in video.
if I'm not mistaken this will be the fastest stock GTR time till now. what fuel did you used? Octane?

Nice video, Good quality.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Is your GTR dyno tuned or something? Saw a white smoke comes out of the exhaust in video.
if I'm not mistaken this will be the fastest stock GTR time till now. what fuel did you used? Octane?

Nice video, Good quality.
Thanks
Thank you. No the car is bone stock and it was running 93oct fuel. It was on the AMS's dynojet a couple of weeks ago and it made 434awhp. They filmed it and maybe they will chime in with the vid of it on their dyno. I believe the white smoke you see is the car spinning its tires...I wish I could have caught more traction.

AFR was very rich from the factory. Lots of room for improvement. 10 to 1 i believe

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice run man very consistent times. Is amazing how almost all R35's run consistent low/mid eleven's with LC.
I was happy with the runs but I think we can get a couple of ticks off these times for sure.

Thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
Holy cow, that's awesome. Not only is the trap speed almost 6 mph more than my run, but we ran the same 1.8 60ft and I used LC. Amazing you ran that good of a 60' without LC. Difference between your 11.5 and my 12.0 is definitely the trap speed. Great runs! Did you mention how many miles is on the car?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Holy cow, that's awesome. Not only is the trap speed almost 6 mph more than my run, but we ran the same 1.8 60ft and I used LC. Amazing you ran that good of a 60' without LC. Difference between your 11.5 and my 12.0 is definitely the trap speed. Great runs! Did you mention how many miles is on the car?
Thanks!

1150 miles on her that night

BTW I also didnt follow the brake in period and listened to what my representive said about the techs telling him the faster cars are the ones that are driven they way the are going to be driven during brake-in....

Idk if it was true or not, but Im pleased with the time.

Im going to go buy a nitrogen tank so I can lower the pressure next time...maybe I can do an 11.4?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RINGER!!! =D

...this calls for a "ringer" vanity plate.
Hahahahaha

Good idea however I already know my plate name......

AMS GTR

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
great times! these cars should be able to pull 1.6x 60' times, which would mean 11.30's stock....

how sticky are these runflat tires? Maybe a set of PS2's would help?
Someone posted in another thread that they tried the PS2's and they actually spun more. Wish I could remember who and which thread. I'm guessing the factory rubber is about as good as you'll get short of R compounds... maybe some improvements from adjusting tire pressure???

·
Registered
272 Posts
[quote name='DragoGT-R' date='Sep 26 2008, 06:21 PM' post='358611'

BTW I also didnt follow the brake in period and listened to what my representive said about the techs telling him the faster cars are the ones that are driven they way the are going to be driven during brake-in....
[/quote]

Truer words were never spoken. Drive it like you stiole it off the lot so it does break in properly!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Someone posted in another thread that they tried the PS2's and they actually spun more. Wish I could remember who and which thread. I'm guessing the factory rubber is about as good as you'll get short of R compounds... maybe some improvements from adjusting tire pressure???
I agree!

I don't think that PS2's are any good as a drag tire. A couple of guys on the Vette forum tried them and they were not good at all. I think with lowering the tire pressure in the stock BS is about as good as it's going to get for the moment. Now if I were going to be drag racing the GT-R a lot I'd have CCW make me a set of custom wheels and throw some DR"s on there.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
he doesn't need a vanity plate "Ringer" I know their will be a few more GT-R's going that fast!
But congrats, I do not mean to discredit what you did, you are the first to do it I am just saying i'm sure their will be more and that your car is most likely not a ringer

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
he doesn't need a vanity plate "Ringer" I know their will be a few more GT-R's going that fast!
But congrats, I do not mean to discredit what you did, you are the first to do it I am just saying i'm sure their will be more and that your car is most likely not a ringer
I too dont believe in the "ring ideology". With most cars, there are also those from the factory that seem to push the limits. I like to think this car is somewhat special in that maybe it was one of those cars built on a wendsay rather then a monday

No one car is the same...they all vary in power and so do tracks. Elevation, humidity, track temp, temp are all factors.

I think Im going to go back to the track this week, bring some nitrogen and lower the tire pressure...I want 11.4!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.