Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it's probably silly to keep making threads over and over for each little improvement, but we're the ones rereresetting the record (as far as I know) over and over for non-lc stock gtr. Hit another best time of 11.691 @ 120 mph tonight... bone stock, pump gas, stock tires, NO LAUNCH CONTROL. I actually got to drive it myself this time and I'm definitely no "part time" pro like Beave. ANYONE can hit these times, it's stupid easy. My bro in-law drove the car for the very first time tonight and hit an 11.75. All you have to do is mash the accelerator from idle. No need to run in manual or even put in RRR.

·
Founder/Admin
26,438 Posts
your my hero for proving this things doesnt have to rely on LC do you remember your 60ft? and 1/8th? like a 7.6 or something? and it was in all normal mode? not RRR?

also was it cooler weather? i bet that was it. here in NC its been crazy cold i was wondering what i might get mine down to?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.900 60'

60 degrees, it got cooler as the night went on, down to 50, but the car was hot after running over and over. The 11.691 was hit on the very first past when it was 60 degrees. It hit another 11.691, EXACT same time, later in the night after letting it cool.

...OK, won't start another thread unless hit an 11.5 but I don't see that happening without launch control, so this'll probably be the last one.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
7.593 1/8th

Having all in R and none in R doesn't seem to make a difference with drag racing. We hit an 11.77 with none in R on one pass.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
OK, it's probably silly to keep making threads over and over for each little improvement, but we're the ones rereresetting the record (as far as I know) over and over for non-lc stock gtr. Hit another best time of 11.691 @ 120 mph tonight... bone stock, pump gas, stock tires, NO LAUNCH CONTROL. I actually got to drive it myself this time and I'm definitely no "part time" pro like Beave. ANYONE can hit these times, it's stupid easy. My bro in-law drove the car for the very first time tonight and hit an 11.75. All you have to do is mash the accelerator from idle. No need to run in manual or even put in RRR.
congrats!
and by all means keep posting new threads if there is a new record.

I enjoy seeing these because it goes a long way toward proving Nissan did not do anything deceptive in their advertising. I'd guess your 0-60 times on those runs were in the mid 3-sec range as well.

Just goes to show how quick this car is once you get a little practice driving it. I have no doubt the car could meet all the factory / magazine claims or come really damn close without using a VDC-off launch. The simple fact is the Nissan drivers had hundreds of hours to figure out the best way to drive the car for optimal performance. It's good to see normal owners are starting to approach the same figures!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Awesome Cliff! This thing just keeps getting quicker each time out. I think its safe to say its good and broken in now. You can tell by the mph being the same that it wasnt that cool, it was all in the 60ft. The best its ever done when i ran it was a 1.98, so hitting a 1.90 is awesome and just shows how good the track was last night.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.