Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I have a MY13 and I was wondering if a 2017+ oem suspension would be a plug and play. I think may need to change out the control module, but again I do not know. Just looking to replace my current shocks because they are done. So any help or recommendations would be great!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would love to find out from Nissan what the changes are to the suspension computer. Does the MY2017+ have additional sensors that feed into the computer? I put a 2017 suspension including the control module in my 2014 and it doesn't throw any error codes, but I wonder if it is the full equivalent of a 2017 suspension.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is what you need for 2017-2020 shocks

https://parts.nissanusa.com/p/89560901/25962-6AV0B.html

This module is for the shocks on the Premium, Pure and Black. Not Track or Nismo

This is the module for the 2009-2015 Premium, (2015) Pure, Black and Pure & (2015) Nismo

https://parts.nissanusa.com/p/Active-Suspension-Control-Module/89535421/25962-JF20B.html

I have the original (25962-JF20B), which I think is fine, I also just installed the 2017 suspension and my car ride quality is way better, rides like a Lexus now. I highly recommend if you don't enjoy the harsh ride of the pre-2017 cars. I can only speculate that the updated module (25962-6AV0B) further improves the ride quality.

·
Registered
12 Posts
After installing the '17 suspension and computer in my '14, my car threw the following errors:

C1D04

C1D21 and C1D22

• An open or short circuit occurs within the set-up switch (suspension) mode lamp circuit
  • A malfunction occurs within the set-up switch (suspension) mode lamp circuit

I'll update once I better understand how to deal with these issues. They occurred the second time driving the car after the install, which totaled about 1.5 hours of driving on both back roads and highway.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier just to go with the DSC programmable suspension controller? :dunno:

·
Registered
12 Posts
@Wicked and @Maxikeem, was hoping to keep vehicle suspension pretty stock. Nissan put a ton of R&D into the 2017 suspension and managed to drastically lower lap times and provide a noticeably smoother ride, which is impressive. Also, wanted to avoid the hassle of tuning a suspension computer.

The DSC controller does look like a viable option if I can't figure out the errors, but it is also $1,300.

All connections have been checked, un-attached and re-attached. They were all firmly seated to begin with

·
Registered
12 Posts
@Maxikeem My GT-R is a 2014. The suspension on all 4 corners is from a 2017 and the controller is from the same vehicle that the shocks/struts came off of. I still have the suspension computer that was originally on my car and can throw that back in and see if it barfs the errors again. Was hoping to get the programming benefits from the 2017 unit, but may be worth a try.

Since clearing the codes, the errors have not yet returned, but I've only driven it 100 miles. The codes first came on after about 40 miles after initially performing the swap. Maybe magic elves fixed it or I have one of the limited production self-healing cars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.