Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting my 18,000 mile service soon. Went to my dealer on sat and made an appointment. They quoted me 1059 + tax. How is that price? Would i save a lot if i bought all fluids? Thanks guys

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
Are you sure that price is correct at the dealer? The fluids alone at dealer prices are nearly that.

18k service is :

Front and rear differential service
Transmission
Engine oil

Normally labor is 5 hours, but we do it at 4 hours - $396

We normally use Dodson trans fluid - $64.99 per takes about 9
For the diffs we use Redline - $12.95 per takes 3
Engine Oil - Redline 0-40 - $10.95 - takes 5.5
K&N Oil Filter - $10.85

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless they made a mistake. He wrote that price on the paper. Seemed a bit cheap but we will see. Sean, do u know how much they charge for the fluids and what i can get them for? Thanks

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
Unless they made a mistake. He wrote that price on the paper. Seemed a bit cheap but we will see. Sean, do u know how much they charge for the fluids and what i can get them for? Thanks
Retail on the trans is $79.99 per. They may do 8-9-10 depending on how they do the math.

Retail on the diff is $59.99 Takes 3.

Mobil 1 is about $10 per at a dealer. Takes 5.5-6

Oil Filter is about $7

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, thanks. I may call another dealer nearby and get a quote from them and compare. Seems the nismo shop has a good deal on the tranny fluid. Can I use dodson and not worry bout the dealer saying anything?

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,211 Posts
10L of GTR specific trans fluid: $500 ($50 each)
3L Castrol diff fluid: $105 ($35 each)
6L Mobil 1 synthetic engine oil with filter: $50
Labor $100
-------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $755

(on a side note, the OPs estimate was for the fluids only. I confirmed by calling my local Nissan stealership)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Might want to ask them for a quote that is broken down...
That price seems a bit to low for fluids and labor...

·
Registered
914 Posts
I agree that price from a dealer is way low. My dealer in ny gave me an estimate of around $1800. that would include the trans fluid the diff fluid oil change and labor.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Same here, ~$1850 quote.

·
4,211 Posts
10L of GTR specific trans fluid: $500 ($50 each)
3L Castrol diff fluid: $105 ($35 each)
6L Mobil 1 synthetic engine oil with filter: $50
Labor $100
-------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $755

(on a side note, the OPs estimate was for the fluids only. I confirmed by calling my local Nissan stealership)
I forgot to mention that the price mentioned above is the the actual price given to me from my close friend who happens to be the GTR tech at my local Nissan dealer.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yeah, labor should be around $400.00

·
4,211 Posts
It does take about 4hrs to complete. It's not as easy to drain the trans when compared to the diff and engine. He had to take a manual type vacuum device to syphon the remaining fluid out of the trans then use the same tool to fill it up.

·
Registered
297 Posts
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.